Ford Wildtrack 3.2 4X4

Just wondered if anyone on Samui was on the waiting list for buying this model. It is currently 13 months. If you are and are higher up the line and have changed your mind, I would be happy to compensate you for your place in the queue.

(No I don't want to think about other options, as this has everything I want, and I shopped around already)

I would be very grateful if anyone could help out.

Off the island and on the mainland it is about 7 months but this should improve. It took 7.5 months for my 3.2 4x4, well worth the wait. I think they have it limited to 180km/h just like 2.2L version. I have driven the 2.2 wildtrak and mine they both stopped accelerating at 180!

Edited by gosompoi

Off the island and on the mainland it is about 7 months but this should improve. It took 7.5 months for my 3.2 4x4, well worth the wait. I think they have it limited to 180km/h just like 2.2L version. I have driven the 2.2 wildtrak and mine they both stopped accelerating at 180!

Forgive me if I am being naive, but isn't the national speed limit 110 kph?coffee1.gif (Capped at 180 kph on Koh Samui is not going to be a sales breaker thumbsup.gif )

Forgive me if I am being naive, but isn't the national speed limit 110 kph?coffee1.gif (Capped at 180 kph on Koh Samui is not going to be a sales breaker thumbsup.gif )

I thought the speed limit in thailand is 90km unless 3 lane express way then 120km if marked and not raining. But where I live I haved asked the police and they said as fast as you want. It gets up to 140km without laboring. I use mine off road about 30% of the time and still 100% pleased much better than the toyota 3.0 4x4 to drive on and off road.

• Like 1

the real wait times seem to be unknown on this truck and in another forum in thaivisa this topic is going on regarding this truck. I put myself down on the list for this model and money back in November and they tell me 2 different things

1. will be ready by November 2013

2. then came back and said unsure and they said the line so long I might have to wait till sometime in 2014.

I know wait times for a car in Thailand to be long but this truck may set a record, ford might as well come out and say that the wait time on this truck is 1 - 2 years.

So do you feel like selling me yours?? :-)

So do you feel like selling me yours?? :-)

Ha! sell! Nope, just to much fun to drive!

How much better (or 'desirable') is this Ford 3.2 4x4 than say the Toyota Vigo 4x4 Auto ? ? ?

The Toyota 4x4 is more like driving a loose sofa with poor lag in acceleration and outdated interior design. The Ford has much stiffer suspension and better refined driving experience. After driving a 4x4 Toyota for three years the 3.2 WT is like a race car tank.

The speed limit on Koh Samui is 45km/h

- Opposite from many Western countries, flashing your headlight in Thailand means ‘vehicle coming through’.

- Some drivers of larger vehicles merely assume that small vehicles will simply get out of the way.

- Always check for motorbikes or other road traffic before opening a car door.

- Always be respectful, courteous and polite to other road users.

- Always be aware and mindful of what is going on around your vehicle.

http://samui.thaivisa.com/traffic-and-traffic-rules/

• Like 2

sounds like they are building the car from scratch i cannot imagine with the amount of garages in bangkok all in compitition that they would not have some in stock

if you are paying cash then you may wish to try shopping around up there 13 months is a long time maybe they have a new model by then.

i herd that they are stopping making th feista 1.6 sport and only making the 1.5 is this true??

if you are going to spend the money then i would try Bangkok if they have one in stock you could drive out the same day with samui they have to order from Bangko which means that Bangkok look after Bangkok first. Then to suratthani then they get sold off there also then last stop samui

so u are last in the que and last in the buying line

probably not such a bad thing as it shall stress the engine out a bit if you drive at 180 for tooo long but u can buy electric chips to take the limitations off

i got 190 out of a mitubushi. on high way 44. the police tried to stop me but i could not slow down in time.

too be honest i did get a pull and a spot fine of 400 baht which i knew i was wrong so i was happy to pay.

- Opposite from many Western countries, flashing your headlight in Thailand means ‘vehicle coming through’.

- Some drivers of larger vehicles merely assume that small vehicles will simply get out of the way.

http://samui.thaivis...-traffic-rules/

As far as I know the speed limit on Samui is 90km unless sign posted differently.

Dealerships and private parties are charging a 50K-100K premium to move to the head of the line (which still will mean waiting for a while- a friend paid 100k over-the-odds for an order in August and received his 3.2 Wildtrak in early November- this was in Bangkok and not on Samui).

Dealerships and private parties are charging a 50K-100K premium to move to the head of the line (which still will mean waiting for a while- a friend paid 100k over-the-odds for an order in August and received his 3.2 Wildtrak in early November- this was in Bangkok and not on Samui).

i cannot beleive that if people are willing to flash that sort of money around then surley they woud buy a more expensive car.

i was told to wait 9 month with honda. i went to ford and droive it out the same day

i know that paying to speed things up does happen but i cannot believ onb such a large scale.

if that was the case iw ould not buy one out of spite obviously the more u want it th worse u get treated

As far as I know the speed limit on Samui is 90km unless sign posted differently.

who said that everone that ownns a car only drives on samui.

i did 190 on highway 44 yes over the limit yes i was fined so i did the crime and paid the fine so what ?

i cannot beleive that if people are willing to flash that sort of money around then surley they woud buy a more expensive car.

i was told to wait 9 month with honda. i went to ford and droive it out the same day

i know that paying to speed things up does happen but i cannot believ onb such a large scale.

if that was the case iw ould not buy one out of spite obviously the more u want it th worse u get treated

Whether something is true is not predicated upon your belief in it.

50K-100K is hardly an out-of-line premium to pay for a truck that can run over 1.2 million baht with optional accessories- it's not like the cost has been doubled.

Please tell me which 'more expensive car' (assuming you mean better quality or more desirable) you would buy over the 3.2 Wildtrak if you want/need a pick-up truck and are willing to spend another 5-10% over the asking price? There isn't one currently available. Only a few of these vehicles are made available per month, and it will be that way for a while- if you have the money and you want one in a reasonable timeframe, paying a premium is currently the only way to do that, otherwise you might wait a year or more- it's hardly 'unbelievable'- in fact it's a common practice all over the world.

Grabbed this for those interested (UK spec & prices)

Thanks Yorkie, suddenly the shortage in Thailand makes sense........the Ranger sold in UK is built in The Thai factory and is retailing for about 10,000 quid more, so Ford are more likely to send them there than fulfill my scruffy order.

Is 3200 CC, the 350 horsepower,the 20 l diesel consumption big enouph for Samui? Buy a Hummer!!sick.gif

Did you pull those numbers out of thin air? I ask since none of them are correct, except possibly your "3200" but no-one usually refers to engine cc in this manner. The 3.2 is about 200hp and the fuel consumption is approximately 10km per litre depending on which method used to calculate it. Also the is no "p" in enough.

Is 3200 CC, the 350 horsepower,the 20 l diesel consumption big enouph for Samui? Buy a Hummer!!sick.gif

It's not the BHP that is really important, more the torque, and the added features that no other Thai available truck has. Such as non slip differential, For normal road driving not needed, but if towing a boat or driving off road carrying a heavy load are vital. Most of my Km's are done on the mainland and require some proper machinery.

If I wanted to ponce around would buy a BMW or some kind of Suzuki pick up like Poorsucker.

When I first came onto the island there were a couple of large signs that read 'speed limit 80 kph' and then there were 45 kph speed limits entering the towns. (Called "city limits" back then.) There were also a few signs stating that people should drive on the left.

Most of these signs disappeared with the road widening/pavements/lamp-posts project etc.

Thanks Yorkie, suddenly the shortage in Thailand makes sense........the Ranger sold in UK is built in The Thai factory and is retailing for about 10,000 quid more, so Ford are more likely to send them there than fulfill my scruffy order.

I was under the impression the UK Rangers are built in South Africa.

I was under the impression the UK Rangers are built in South Africa.

Not according to the spec in my previous post, but I don't wish to argue with you. wai.gif

Why would one need to argue ? I see now on your previous post it does infact say Thailand. A bit of googling tells me they initially came from south Africa but was changed to Thailand after some supply issues.

Sorry, wrong choice of word.