Internet Transaction Limit Kasikorn:

I have an up and coming online payment to make that exceeds the THB100000 "Ecard" or whatever it is called limit with kasikorn.

Didn't have much luck asking at the bank this morning. Any experience with this problem/ is there any way around this. The merchant only accepts payments through major cards. No option for funds transfer or the likes unfortunately. Don't want to use my funds back home if possible so if Kasikorn or maybe another bank has a solution you've experienced would appreciate the feedback!

Thanks!

I have had this exact same problem with Bangkok Bank. A purchase (airline tickets) was over the limit by about 6000 baht.

Online the transaction was refused. I called BKKB and spoke to their customer support. Long story short... No, the limit is the limit and cannot be changed even when the customer who holds the card and the account requests it. Not even a one time waiver.

I was told it was a security issue for my own benefit. I ended up having to get the cash out of the ATM and going in to the airline office to buy the ticket.

Maybe things have changed recently, but somehow I doubt it.

I have had this exact same problem with Bangkok Bank. A purchase (airline tickets) was over the limit by about 6000 baht.

Online the transaction was refused. I called BKKB and spoke to their customer support. Long story short... No, the limit is the limit and cannot be changed even when the customer who holds the card and the account requests it. Not even a one time waiver.

I was told it was a security issue for my own benefit. I ended up having to get the cash out of the ATM and going in to the airline office to buy the ticket.

Thanks WhizBang!

Anyone else? I presume that if you tried to use your actual kasikorn visa debit card as opposed to the Ecard that wouldn't work?

Thanks WhizBang!

Anyone else? I presume that if you tried to use your actual kasikorn visa debit card as opposed to the Ecard that wouldn't work?

Sorry, it was my BKKB Visa debit/atm card.