F1 2013

Mosha

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never understood the reasoning behind the apparent animosity towards Seb Vettel sticking his finger in the air, to me he is just reiterating his status as a multiple world champion along with numerous other sportsmen including the stance that Usain Bolt always adopts, this is not something new and at least he is a consistant winner and not a one hit wonder forever seeking publicity.

David.

I have never understood the reasoning behind the apparent animosity towards Seb Vettel sticking his finger in the air, to me he is just reiterating his status as a multiple world champion along with numerous other sportsmen including the stance that Usain Bolt always adopts, this is not something new and at least he is a consistant winner and not a one hit wonder forever seeking publicity.

David.

It would be nice to see how he did in another car.. then we would know his consistency for sure.

As for the finger thing.. maybe people don't like arrogant Germans... ? That's What I'm Talking About.. Yeah !

totster :)

Totster.

I just read the report about Grosjean's car which seems fair enough but I then read the comments, one in particular about the so called Lewis haters while the writer and others were saying exactly the same thing about Seb, hoping that Romain would crash into him at the start thus giving Lewis a better chance.

Don't you just love these true fans of racing and surely a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Let the best man and car win on the day without team orders.

David.

The feed I was watching cut the post race moment at the "cooling room" to the minimum :( These are one of the most interesting moments for me - to see how the drivers feel of each others after the race, when they are still full of adrenaline.

This time it seemed that Kimi and Sebastian were not talking at the room the way they normally do. This was as Sebastian felt that Kimi protected his lines too much during the race.

At the podium Räikkönen dressed down his driving suit and very soon after that Vettel followed. Similar reactions has been seen earlier when Kimi started non-politically correct talk on podium and Sebastian followed. At that time Couldhart facepalmed.

They also had a chat while Halmilton was interviewed. Altogether it seemed that Vettel feels that Räikkönen is his big brother, someone to look up to and someone who he should beat on the competition. In a way funny situation as Vettel have won 3 world championships already.

What was Grosjean penailised with a drive through for? Causing a collision or driving off the circuit?

Believe have all 4 wheels on the grass passing Massa .......

Causing a collision he got a 20 second penalty....

not 100% sure as my Live Feed from Sky Sports HD was not good yesterday [internet not so good in rain]

Well this race was in my mind as boring as expected, much like Monaco as races go with positions mostly changing through pitstops.

I'm a bit surprised with the lack of posts on the race unless most found it as boring as me but perhaps the track needs remodeling to allow more overtaking, it's always been more like a procession there than a race.

David.

Well this race was in my mind as boring as expected, much like Monaco as races go with positions mostly changing through pitstops.

I'm a bit surprised with the lack of posts on the race unless most found it as boring as me but perhaps the track needs remodeling to allow more overtaking, it's always been more like a procession there than a race.

David.

Maybe all to do with modern day stuff, the old day if a car lasted a race was good, now must last 2 or 3 races...

Like road cars would never think of going anywhere without a tool kit, most trip you had a break down... now a day rarely break down after 100's of trips..

boring as expected.. yes but even Grosjean that made it a bit interesting was penalized twice. same as Perez in Monaco

ignis.

Your so right about reliability, I bought my first car in 1959 which was actually only 6 months old and fairly reliable but subsequent cars were usually old bangers that needed work every week keeping them running, oh how times have changed, and not always for the best.

David.

Best of the race was the last 5 or so laps, Defensive driving 101 from Kimi.

I am sure Seb would have done the same if he was in front, behind that charm there is just another arrogant German cobbler.

Going to be interesting if rumours are true about Sebs running mate for next year, Me think Alonso will run Seb into the gravel if he is ever told to let him past.

Edited by Basil B

David.

For someone as sensitive to an arrogant attitude as I know you to be David, I do find it a bit baffling that you don't find the one finger "look at me, i'm number one, in case you hadn't noticed" salute just a touch on the offensive and cocky side. Wouldn't mind him doing it if he also held the respective number of fingers aloft when he finished second, third, fourth or whatever. Of course if he finished DNF it could be tricky unless his fingers happen to be disjointed! And don't you find the shrieks of "now that's what i'm talking about!!!" just a little grating? Not that Vettel is the only one to get a little too "in-your-face" with his celebrations, but he is one of the worst I think. Hamilton can be quite bad although this race he was pleasantly subdued, I guess because of his romantic woes. Perhaps he should get dumped more often. I did think he was a little over the top however with his comments about feeling like he could win every one of the remaining races. Good to be optimistic of course and show faith in the car, but what happened to the "it will be a miracle if we win" comment made prior to the race?! Got a bit carried away methinks. Still, it was a thoroughly dominating display from him all round and especially over his team mate, that i'm surprised has warranted no mention or comment. Perhaps were it the other way round, with Rosberg doing the dominating..

As for the race entertainment, not sure what some people were expecting, but hello, this is Hungaroring, and by Hungaroring's standards, I thought we saw more overtaking than we have seen at the track for a great many years. No?

Regards recent story about Alonso being rebuked by Ferrari president because of comments he made about the car and his flirtations with Red Bull, seems pretty obvious to me that this is all just agent driven nonsense intended on pushing up his market value. Can't see any circumstances in which Vettel and Alonso would voluntarily drive side by side in the same team, nor circumstances in which a team owner would take the risk of pairing them up, what with the potentially highly destructive internal team battle that would undoubtedly ensue. Never going to happen. Not the way things are at the moment any way... would be great fun for the spectators though of course. Were the impossible to happen, who do you guys think would come out on top?

I do not think it is Massa who is looking smug, I think he realizes it is not good for the team.

I think the one who is looking smug it the one far right, is that Alonso's agent by any chance?

I suppose the real "S#!t Steerers" are Red Bull, bet when Alonso agent went cold calling they invited him in knowing the neighbors were watching, do you really think they are that stupid to expect him and Seb to get on in the same team.

Edited by Basil B

rixalex.

In response to your statement concerning my intolerance of arrogant drivers and people in general, your right, but my views are based on personal knowledge and experience concerning the person/persons in question and while I readily accept that views are mostly subjective I do find it rather strange that posters make statements as to who is arrogant without actually meeting and talking to them in person.

Comments concerning Alonso from certain posters wanting the best car and top money and a non competitive team mate, well that can be leveled at most if not all drivers. I think irrespective of what some think, Fernando has not had the best car at Ferrari since he joined but has still finished higher and outscored most others and what surprises me is these same posters always overlook the little tantrums of their favourite drivers complaining about the car but pick on Alonso when he gets his knickers in a twist.

With regards to the peoples favourite driver, Lewis {not mine} I was pleased for him as his ability and confidence has taken a bashing since his 1st and 2nd seasons success and the Mercedes appears to have come good, something of a surprise perhaps.

What happened to Nico?, well he was manhandled very early on in the race and sustained damage and as you rightly pointed out, Hungoring is not the easiest place to overtake and with all the newish specs having been put in place to make racing more exciting maybe they ought to do something about the track or even drop that race as there are plenty of potential customers wanting the action but it is a track that favours the pole sitter and that Mercedes is very fast.

I have been in Malaysia so have not posted my views except one short post simply because this topic looked liked it was dead in the water but good to see posts even if they are somewhat biased.

My view if it ever happened would be Fernando would get the better of Seb if they were team mates but Seb will get the better of Kimi in my opinion.

David.

• Like 1

Anyone see the Top Gear with Ron Howard as the star in the reasonably priced car? I must be old I remember Happy Days 555.. A film due this year Rush about the rivalry between Lauda and Hunt, and events including the horrific accident Lauda had RH is the director/producer. Loved the poster Top Gear showed with hunt sat on his car with a girl and a cig. The pop riveting on the body work. 555

Anyone see the Top Gear with Ron Howard as the star in the reasonably priced car? I must be old I remember Happy Days 555.. A film due this year Rush about the rivalry between Lauda and Hunt, and events including the horrific accident Lauda had RH is the director/producer. Loved the poster Top Gear showed with hunt sat on his car with a girl and a cig. The pop riveting on the body work. 555

Missed that episode Mosha but I'm sure it will be repeated repeated and repeated on True and I remember Happy days too.

David.

rixalex.

In response to your statement concerning my intolerance of arrogant drivers and people in general, your right, but my views are based on personal knowledge and experience concerning the person/persons in question and while I readily accept that views are mostly subjective I do find it rather strange that posters make statements as to who is arrogant without actually meeting and talking to them in person.

David, the issue of discussion here was what people thought about Seb's one fingered salute celebration, and so i think it is quite possible and reasonable for people to form an opinion on that and what they are seeing him do, without having ever sat down and had a cup of tea with him.

Just because i don't like the way he celebrates, or at least not that part of his celebration, doesn't mean i am making a deep and sweeping judgement on him as a man, as i am sure like all men, there are many sides to him.

rixalex.

I can understand peoples opinion of a person and have no problems with that but the meaning of arrogance is actually showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own merit, ability, etc: and I would respectfully suggest that as the reigning WDC and has been for the past three seasons and looks likely to make it four seasons in a row his actions hardly qualify as arrogant.

Arrogance in my opinion is a person who thinks of himself to be like a previous competitor but without the success to back it up and lives off a reputation based on a short period of deserved success that may or may not happen in the future.

I do not believe for a moment that your views on Seb would deter you from giving credit where credits due in regards to a driver and as I have said before, true fans will have their favourite driver or drivers and that's to be expected but to pick on something and castigate a driver simply because he is not a favourite actually speaks volumes about the person especially when they totally ignore bad manners, uncalled for remarks over the radio and comments made during interviews that they are allowed to get away with simply because of their high profile.

I did address your comment about Nico and I admit to believing he would out perform Lewis this season but he has had several DNFs and was deprived of a podium finish by team orders, I doubt that went down too well and must have given him food for thought concerning his position within the team but give a moments thought to whom all of Ross Brawns statements are about and Nico hardly ever gets a mention, a driver with two wins on the tyres that were giving Mercedes all the problems yet Lewis gets a win on a near perfect car and he's the best thing since sliced bread.

In conclusion true fans should comment fairly on all aspects of the race and drivers and not continually slag off others who they don't like but of course there are those on here that are simply fan boys of certain drivers and are selective on what they post. Personally I want to see a good clean race irrespective of who wins but it is hopefully the best car and driver on the day.

David.

rixalex.

I can understand peoples opinion of a person and have no problems with that but the meaning of arrogance is actually showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own merit, ability, etc: and I would respectfully suggest that as the reigning WDC and has been for the past three seasons and looks likely to make it four seasons in a row his actions hardly qualify as arrogant.

David, i think respectfully, you and i have slightly differing views on what constitutes arrogance. For me, is has very little to do with what a person has achieved or hasn't, and it is quite possible for the person who has achieved everything to be as equally arrogant as the person who has achieved nothing. It's all about attitude, not about success.

It happens that in general i do find Seb a gracious man and not particularly arrogant, relatively speaking anyway, it is just one particular gesture he does at one particular time that i am not very comfortable with. Clearly it doesn't bother you in the same wayas it bothers me and others. Fair enough. Perhaps times to draw a line under the finger business...

• Like 1

rixalex.

I only reply to posts in the hope that it may stimulate debate/discussion among posters and in no way expect anyone to think my views are anymore important than anothers viewpoint although some posts add nothing to a debate on the merits of F1 racing which is what I'm interested in and not about drivers getting their knickers in a twist. The only difference between them and us is that they have more money but their feelings and emotions are the same.

David.

• Like 1

I do not think it is Massa who is looking smug, I think he realizes it is not good for the team.

I think the one who is looking smug it the one far right, is that Alonso's agent by any chance?

I suppose the real "S#!t Steerers" are Red Bull, bet when Alonso agent went cold calling they invited him in knowing the neighbors were watching, do you really think they are that stupid to expect him and Seb to get on in the same team.

no, flavio briatore is was alonso's agent. -- apparently he is no longer, you live you learn

he looks like this, and he most certainly is smug.

briatore-original.jpg

by the way he also manages webber

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk