How Is This Possible?

MrE

Could be outside territorial waters by now, or at least outside Thai territorial waters....isn't there any international supervisory body to report to when a ship has been lost?

Probably the national authorities of the land closest to disappearance (in this case Marine 5 in Ao Makham (http://phuketdir.com/marineofficephuket/), the marine authorities of the country of registration, and also the IMO (http://www.imo.org/About/Pages/Default.aspx).

I'm curious about where the vessel was registered. If Thai registered, then registration has to be renewed every year. If not Thai registered, she has to leave Thai waters every 6 months (I believe can be extended up to 18 months) by clearing Customs/Immigration.

Somehow I have the feeling there is more to this than meets the eye.

Why was she moored in Ao Makham, not exactly the most logical departure point for a party boat.

Was she in sailing condition?

Were the engines fitted?

• Like 1

My guess: repainted the one day, removed the other, sold in pieces the next!

How often did Op check on it? Once in 6 years, maybe?

I remember the Viking of the Orient. During the investigation, it was confiscated and brought to ao makam.

Also it changed the color to pink, the name to Halleluja and was available for Charter.

During the investigation.

And long before West Coast rented it!

Edited by noob7

Could it be an unhappy investor who wanted his money?

<deleted>??

Thaivisa ad:

The boat is licensed to carry 120 passengers per cruise and we have scheduled sixteen cruises per week with an average ticket costing THB 2,000 per person! These include All Night Extreme Mayhem Party Cruises; 24-hour Round Trip Visa Run to Malaysia Party Cruise; Ferry to Koh Phi Phi All Night Party Cruise (and back the next night); Romantic Sunset Cruise and Family Oriented Daytime Activities Cruise.

Like most successful businesses, Sea Dawgs is all about ancillary income. Getting customers onto the boat is only phase one. The production of supplemental incomes once they are there is one of the keys to success. This will be done with extra drinks, food and logo merchandise.

Although investors buying in from this point on will only make up 48% of the shareholdings, 96% of the profits will go to them until they have recovered their entire investment so they will recover their capital twice as quickly as they would with any other investments.

LoL

http://www.saenyim.com/Resurrection.htm

I try to remember the old navy boat, that was laying in Chalong, a decade (or so) ago.

Grey, got told, it was from Germany, too.

Was/Is it the same?

"We can offer all Thai ticket agents/tour agents/sales agents a 40% commission on ticket sales and still make our profit"

Great, but why I've never heard about this trips? The Malaysia Visa trip sounds nice!

"4% blocks of shares in the company are selling for only THB 2.5 million each,"

A 62.5 Million company? Whow.

A unhappy investor, that can be.

Also from their web site

LoL

http://www.saenyim.c...esurrection.htm

I try to remember the old navy boat, that was laying in Chalong, a decade (or so) ago.

Grey, got told, it was from Germany, too.

Was/Is it the same?

"We can offer all Thai ticket agents/tour agents/sales agents a 40% commission on ticket sales and still make our profit"

Great, but why I've never heard about this trips? The Malaysia Visa trip sounds nice!

"4% blocks of shares in the company are selling for only THB 2.5 million each,"

A 62.5 Million company? Whow.

A unhappy investor, that can be.

Also this http://www.saenyim.com/the%20dawgs.htm

<deleted>??

Thaivisa ad:

The boat is licensed to carry 120 passengers per cruise and we have scheduled sixteen cruises per week with an average ticket costing THB 2,000 per person! These include All Night Extreme Mayhem Party Cruises; 24-hour Round Trip Visa Run to Malaysia Party Cruise; Ferry to Koh Phi Phi All Night Party Cruise (and back the next night); Romantic Sunset Cruise and Family Oriented Daytime Activities Cruise.

Like most successful businesses, Sea Dawgs is all about ancillary income. Getting customers onto the boat is only phase one. The production of supplemental incomes once they are there is one of the keys to success. This will be done with extra drinks, food and logo merchandise.

Although investors buying in from this point on will only make up 48% of the shareholdings, 96% of the profits will go to them until they have recovered their entire investment so they will recover their capital twice as quickly as they would with any other investments.

There was another bit in the add stating 95% of new business fail in two years especially ferang owned ........... Well seems this one is doomed way before 2 years ....... Obviously alot more to this than op is letting on.

<deleted>??

Thaivisa ad:

There was another bit in the add stating 95% of new business fail in two years especially ferang owned ........... Well seems this one is doomed way before 2 years ....... Obviously alot more to this than op is letting on.

So it was in the 5% then. :(