Aussie Abruptly Leaps To Death After Thai Gf Splits

Lite Beer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men who commit suicide because of girlfriend problems should remember there are plenty more fish in the sea. Do not kill yourself. Quickly, get yourself a new girlfriend.

On several occasions in my younger days (before age 60), when I had a failed relationship, my recovery strategy was to promptly find a younger, nicer, cuter lady in order to "get even" and to salve my temporary sense of loss. This is not difficult to do most anywhere in Asia.

I must say it worked well for me.

Why do people jump here so often.

By definition, there should be more jumpers in their home country. Relationships end all the time, so why do so many jump in Thailand?

Most likely because the women they meet in Thailand are far more lovable, more beautiful in every way, than the bitches they break up with in their home countries. This has certainly been my experience. I have never felt suicidal over a break up in Australia or Norway, saddened a couple of times, but mostly otherwise relieved. And never before have I felt so incredibly positive, and I will say, so in love as I have been and am in Thailand.

I was devastated by the one and only break up over here two years ago. But now, a somewhat more "road wise", navigator of Thai sensitivities and social ethics, the money thing, etc etc, I actually feel that the current love is the one that I may have for life. Had I a balcony and a bottle of booze after the first one, it would have been just another TV news item 2 years ago.

But just to be on the safe side, I live in a 2 story building, with only a short drop from the balcony, which the landlord has recently caged to keep out pigeons, also thwarting the spontaneous leap, and I drink tea, coffee, soft drinks and loads of water, with only the occasional single glass of ale on special occasions.

Just had a thought, regarding my "I actually feel that the current love is the one that I may have for life." This of course would still hold true if I were murdered by the in laws when the money runs out.

You sound like a bundle of laughs.

• Like 1

Poor guy? He's gone, via a selfish and cowardly act that has probably has devastated his loved one.

I can only imagine the grief he has unleashed upon his mother and father [if they are still alive] and to any siblings. A life sentence.

Total tragedy and all over a woman??

Very hard to comprehend. Very sad indeed.

OK,

I'm starting to believe MAYBE there is something between TL and Aussie men.

They are dropping like flies here (sorry, but the pun is unintended)

I'm sorry for the poor guy tho. At 45, you'd think he'd know better.

When in UK l ''lost'' my wife of 25 years and ''stuff'' went through my mind even though l thought l was one of those who could deal with anything.

One of the reasons l decided to come to LOS, nooooooooo not for a young bird but to start over, many years on l feel OK, sadly for some it doesn't work and we know the result. Perhaps l may be in a similar situation in the future, who knows, BUT l can now deal with it. thumbsup.gif

He's one of my own.

Sadness, simply sadness ... irreverent of the circumstances.

Maybe the high of love turned into being drunk from hate.

No-one will know.

No-one felt his pain.

RIP in peace ... wai.gif

One can only hope he didn't expect his final solution to cause any regrets for his honey... she'll be out tonight looking for the next sucker.

A sad thing indeed at only 46, to feel that all was finished over a Thairamp... sad

Men who commit suicide because of girlfriend problems should remember there are plenty more fish in the sea. Do not kill yourself. Quickly, get yourself a new girlfriend.

On several occasions in my younger days (before age 60), when I had a failed relationship, my recovery strategy was to promptly find a younger, nicer, cuter lady in order to "get even" and to salve my temporary sense of loss. This is not difficult to do most anywhere in Asia.

I must say it worked well for me.

Yes it would work for most of us. And it works wonderfully well when you are calm and sensible. But this guy let his immediate emotions get the better of him.

Had he thought about it for 24 hours he would not have jumped to his death. Had he rung a mate to spill his guts with he would not have jumped to his death.

I bet there's a lot of impulse bashings, knifings and murders that would not occur if the people had 24 hours to calm down and think about things. But they happen because many people are unable to control their immediate emotions.

We don't know what was in his head. We don't know how much money he lost to her. We don't know what his Thai GF was doing. What he did was stupid to only himself and his loved ones. The Thai GF probably couldn't give a flying f88k about what happened.

This story will be repeated again and again in Thailand - only the names of the players change.

What a complete goombah. Any guy who offs himself over a woman is completely lost. He may be beyond redemption. Why not simply go out and find another? She was probably a bargirl, or a go-go dancer. What a fool. It may sound cold, but it is hard for me to have compassion for this tiny minded imitation man. The level of emasculation he allowed himself to be reduced to, is an embarrassment to the all men. Get a life. Well, maybe in his next incarnation he will be able to finally become a man.

Nice to see such compassion and empathy, hopefully you never find yourself in a severely depressed state for any reason.

But of course you are too much of a real man for that. bah.gif

That's why they call it the cold harsh truth, what would you like us to do terrythai? Sugar coat this whole incident. What a waste of life, over what exactly.

It's time men grew balls. You hardly ever read women topping themselves over guys. This is becoming ridiculous. I really feel for those who really loved him like his poor family, let's spare a thought for them what this fool has bestowed upon them.

No women, I say no women in any way shape or form is worth topping yourself over.

• Like 2

What a complete goombah. Any guy who offs himself over a woman is completely lost. He may be beyond redemption. Why not simply go out and find another? She was probably a bargirl, or a go-go dancer. What a fool. It may sound cold, but it is hard for me to have compassion for this tiny minded imitation man. The level of emasculation he allowed himself to be reduced to, is an embarrassment to the all men. Get a life. Well, maybe in his next incarnation he will be able to finally become a man.

Nice to see such compassion and empathy, hopefully you never find yourself in a severely depressed state for any reason.

That's why they call it the cold harsh truth, what would you like us to do terrythai? Sugar coat this whole incident. What a waste of life, over what exactly.

It's time men grew balls. You hardly ever read women topping themselves over guys. This is becoming ridiculous. I really feel for those who really loved him like his poor family, let's spare a thought for them what this fool has bestowed upon them.

No women, I say no women in any way shape or form is worth topping yourself over.

Yep. What he said thumbsup.gif

I must be doing something wrong :( I learned a long time ago that you don,t pay a girl to go home with you. You pay them to leave as soon as they have extracted as much as possible, for doing as little as possible, over as short a time as possible ! Sad but true, and there has been an ominous trend in Pattaya where the girl does a psychotic transformation on reaching the farang,s hotel room, acting in such an objectionable fashion that the farang gives her a considerable amount of money just to get her off the premises before the promised transaction is even consummated.

• Like 1

I must be doing something wrong sad.png I learned a long time ago that you don,t pay a girl to go home with you. You pay them to leave as soon as they have extracted as much as possible, for doing as little as possible, over as short a time as possible ! Sad but true, and there has been an ominous trend in Pattaya where the girl does a psychotic transformation on reaching the farang,s hotel room, acting in such an objectionable fashion that the farang gives her a considerable amount of money just to get her off the premises before the promised transaction is even consummated.

Glad I've never done that stuff. sad.png Noooooooo, l am not a choir boy but............
  • Like 1

Why do people jump here so often.

By definition, there should be more jumpers in their home country. Relationships end all the time, so why do so many jump in Thailand?

Often Thailand is the last place many foreigners believe they have found their first true love...

Real men take their time falling in love. real men really get to know the gal they have chosen, before they devote their hearts and souls to them. Real men behave differently than this coward who did the most cowardly act possible. I am a very compassionate person. When it is deserved. Period.

• Like 1

Thailand - The hub for low self-esteem foreigners trying unsuccessfully to run away from themselves ... very sad.

Agreed. But sad? More like pitiful or pathetic. I can't dole out a genuine "sad" for someone who pisses on the gift of life in such a useless and selfish way. It's a pity party and a F.U. to the people he deceived into thinking they were his friends. Friends get calls when the person who befriends them is down and out. Suicide is like murdering yourself. He didn't even have time to let them know he was down and out. That's not sad. Same goes with the Japanese man, who gets his surname protected but not this man. Odd that.

I hope that you never have to understand why he did it, but then you obviously never had to walk in his shoes, yet.

First, it's not about "sugar coating things", just like you mention yourself already "over what exactly" ... No clue what exactly went on in the guys head, so in my opinion there is not any justified reason for you to condemn him and for sure not to refer to his family. They for sure know him better than you do and they might have complete different thoughts than you have.

Secondly, "You hardly ever read women topping themselves over guys"

Aren't you following the Thai news; you hear stories about Thai girls killing themselves over some guy regularly, though of course these stories don't make it to thaivisa.com since it usually doesn't involve a foreigner.

That nuance made, I must say though that I personally do agree with you that "no women in any way shape or form is worth topping yourself over", but untill I know all facts and circumstances, I can't judge either.

Better yet, don't get involved at all, just rent one whenever you feel the urge.

RIP mate ... i was also reading about a Japanese man jumping to his dearth too, is this disease ..

Sort of, Some of us are romantics, some of us are just wanting to do stuff, BUT us romantics, hmmmmmm, love the eighth wonder of the world and sometimes some can't handle it. BUT, glad l am a romantic. My other side is different, thats another story. smile.png

Another sad waste of life!

nothing should ever be that bed to go for

a fying lesson in thai off a balcony?

I seriously would like to know the stats on how many

foreigners top themselves in thailand?

maybe the aussie enbassy should start warning aussies

about staying in a hotel higher than the first floor?

Maybe just maybe more lives would be saved

R.I.P fellow aussie condolences to the family