Who Are The Worst Drivers In Phuket

stevehaigh

who are the worst drivers  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I drive a fortuna and do so very considerately ... The fleet of fortunas driven by staff at the hotel next door are driven like race cars ... So yep non owner drivers is a good point ... Tuk tuks whilst shit bla bla bla actually drive fairly well usually I think

OMG a fortuna owner on Thai Visa. Must be a loophole in the vetting process somewhere.

Edited by patongphil

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first place goes to the Russian retard I just saw him eating an ice cream in swensen on Wiset road. I left at the same tims. He then jumps into a late model nissan skyline and screams off at an unbelievable speed and clips a van and kept driving off down the road. Ive never seen anyone drive so fast in my life. I tried to keep up but even in my old bmw 5 series pedal flat to the floor I was no chance

Well first place goes to the Russian retard I just saw him eating an ice cream in swensen on Wiset road. I left at the same tims. He then jumps into a late model nissan skyline and screams off at an unbelievable speed and clips a van and kept driving off down the road. Ive never seen anyone drive so fast in my life. I tried to keep up but even in my old bmw 5 series pedal flat to the floor I was no chance

Was it all white with really dark tints?

no it was grey and had a sticker on the back that said jubchai. Also there was some official looking sticker on the front that looked like the emblem that everyone wears on yellow shirt day

no it was grey and had a sticker on the back that said jubchai. Also there was some official looking sticker on the front that looked like the emblem that everyone wears on yellow shirt day

typical russian i suppose:)

Edited by Goodrussian

The Russian chick that passed me on the beach road in Kamala at 8pm tonight. She had her feet on the passenger foot rest, and zoomed past me at 60 in a 20 zone full of pedestrians. I rounded the corner just in time to see her gun it, trying to make he green light. At the last second she slammed on the brakes, and put her bare feet down to stop, narrowly avoiding a cement truck. She looked at her feet and the road rash, then back at me. She looked at me, like I was the crazy one. She braked and gunned the bike several times in anticipation for he green light. Revving and braking at the same time. I could smell the clutch burning, the light turned green and she gunned it, just missing another motorbike crossing at the last second.

Edited by Shot

Wrong. I know exactly how dangerous riding a bike is. That is why I drive defensively and make good use of the mirrors.

Haven't had an accident involving another vehicle in decades.

You can still do everything right and yet, still die. Witness the Russian killed by the wheel that came off a truck.

I think the worst drivers are those who see someone else driving too fast and then try to race them.

I think the worst drivers are those who see someone else driving too fast and then try to race them.

I know what you mean. I was running late for a plane on the wayup to the airport. The road was wet and it was nighttime. I was doing about 145-150kmh and I overtook this old pickup. Now I drive an old bmw and it can handle the speeds and I am an above average driver. Next thing the pickup is racing me and swerving all over the road. I took my speed up to about 165 to try and get rid of him. Next thing he looses control and ends up in the ditch. I just kept going. Ive got no time for selfish A holes like that Edited by IrishIvan

Pegas Touristik drivers have got to even worse than fortuners drivers... by a little margin/

Yes,agree with that one, closely followed by all those big buses driving with 100 k/h on Viset Road to drop of their guests at the speedboat place.

Reason I asked is there is a white GTR that drives as described. He's flown past me a few times on the Chalong Kata road making some sketchy moves to save himself a few seconds before getting beind another slow vehicle. I must say it would be a fun driver on proper roads with decent drivers, but here it's Russian routlette .

@Irishivan

145 - 150 kph !!! then 165 kph - I'll not say what i really think.

Come on LIK, you're no saint driving.

My friend in black Audi was following you from Kata to Patong road and you were driving erratic with him. He records all his driving with gopro and he showed me that you guys were doing 130kph at one stage near Meridian resort before Patong. Hardly safe driving.

@Irishivan

My friend in black Audi was following you from Kata to Patong road and you were driving erratic with him. He records all his driving with gopro and he showed me that you guys were doing 130kph at one stage near Meridian resort before Patong. Hardly safe driving.

Sure, I am no saint when driving, and I remember that tricked out black Audi doing the crazy overtaking (saw him in rear mirror) and then hassling me when he eventually got right behind me. But no chance I was doing 130 kph, at most 100 kph (limit on that road is 90 kph). BTW - he never got by me tongue.png

145+ kph is just insane, even on the open straight highway like route 44 I never go above 120 kph (speed limit is 110 kph).

145+ kph is just insane, even on the open straight highway like route 44 I never go above 120 kph (speed limit is 110 kph).

Fortunately 145k/h is impossible with most older pickups, and even if they can reach that speed it will take half an hour. So there probably was a bit of exaggeration in the original post.

Fortunately 145k/h is impossible with most older pickups, and even if they can reach that speed it will take half an hour. So there probably was a bit of exaggeration in the original post.

I read that as an sarcastic post.. but then again, this is Phuket, so there is small possibility being true story..

Some of these commonrail diesel pickups get modified beyond crazy. Big intercoolers and turbo fitted and they billow black smoke like a train.

They get well over 200kph on airport road toward the bridge.

@Irishivan

Sure, I am no saint when driving, and I remember that tricked out black Audi doing the crazy overtaking (saw him in rear mirror) and then hassling me when he eventually got right behind me. But no chance I was doing 130 kph, at most 100 kph (limit on that road is 90 kph). BTW - he never got by me tongue.png

Lol.

I think he let you go. That's a supercharged v8 monster. He showed me the video a few months ago because he wanted to show me a Lamborghini in Patong that he 'raced' with right after you but I caught that part of the video. I laughed and was more interested in your duel with him. Very amusing.

Some of these commonrail diesel pickups get modified beyond crazy. Big intercoolers and turbo fitted and they billow black smoke like a train.

They get well over 200kph on airport road toward the bridge.

Really ... really .... anyone believe this ?

You never seen those pick ups with intercoolers taking up the grill and billow black smoke like a coal power plant?

Quite a big following with Thais.

Lol.

I think he let you go. That's a supercharged v8 monster. He showed me the video a few months ago because he wanted to show me a Lamborghini in Patong that he 'raced' with right after you but I caught that part of the video. I laughed and was more interested in your duel with him. Very amusing.

See, he was the one that wanted to 'race' other people. And yes it was an exotic expensive new Audi. He did not 'let me go' - he just bottled out when I found an overtaking gap , and I never saw him again after the Meridian junction. Thanks for reminding me of that 'interesting' racing adventure. I've never seen that car before or since. Give your friend my regards - hope to see him again whistling.gif