Who Are The Worst Drivers In Phuket

stevehaigh

who are the worst drivers  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can someone pass the popcorn and post a link to the video? Is this an R8 we're talking about hansgruber?

RS. Same engine as R8.

He didn't keep the video. He runs it fulltime on the dash and following a little .... driving erratically isn't something he keeps.

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.

I think he let you go. That's a supercharged v8 monster. He showed me the video a few months ago because he wanted to show me a Lamborghini in Patong that he 'raced' with right after you but I caught that part of the video. I laughed and was more interested in your duel with him. Very amusing.

See, he was the one that wanted to 'race' other people. And yes it was an exotic expensive new Audi. He did not 'let me go' - he just bottled out when I found an overtaking gap , and I never saw him again after the Meridian junction. Thanks for reminding me of that 'interesting' racing adventure. I've never seen that car before or since. Give your friend my regards - hope to see him again whistling.gif

Lol. Ok.

That's why it shows you speed right into Nanai road when he turns left to beach road.

..... are good but its no match for that machine.

Hmmmm.......don't think you guys can criticize Thai driving habits without sounding hypocritical.

Time for the OP to update the voting options?

- Visarun tire killer

- Tiny defender

- Gopro racer

Category missing from the vote - tourists on scooters.

I find the two most unpredictable types on the roads are young Somchai on his hopped-up turd scooter who passes like a bat out of hell, usually with little or no lights, and tourists who think it's a hoot to rent a scooter and wobble from lane to lane, obstructing traffic.

• Like 1

Cyclists are fast moving up my list. I almost cleaned one up this morning going to get the milk. You cant see them and they are too slow. I hate it when they cycle 2 abreast and take up the whole road. The fact that they dont pay road tax infuriates me too.

Edited by IrishIvan

Cyclists are fast moving up my list. I almost cleaned one up this morning going to get the milk. You cant see them and they are too slow. I hate it when they cycle 2 abreast and take up the whole road. The fact that they dont pay road tax infuriates me too.

What do you mean,"you can't see them" have you been for a eye test recently?.

How do two abreast take up the whole road?.

Maybe you should think about taking up cycling,or perhaps your one of those people who don't believe in exercise.

• Like 1

Maybe you should think about taking up cycling,or perhaps your one of those people who don't believe in exercise.

i personally like surfing and other watersports. My exercise doesnt inconvenience others like cyclists on the road

Pegas bus drivers, with 'loose' wheels...

Have to say Thai drivers in general are a bit crazy. The roundabout at heroines monument is mental, do they not realise how those things work? Some stop dead on the roundabout, others plough on straight through without giving a toss who is on the road. But it seems to me that Thai people don't like using their brakes or perhaps don't have working ones. They pull out of every junction, even if they do look before they do, that doesn't matter, they just pull out anyway whether there is traffic coming or not. And don't even start about the lazy motorbike drivers who constantly drive on the wrong side of the road, who couldn't be arsed crossing over the other side.

But the silver minibuses/taxis are by far the worst on the big main roads, just driving way too fast and weaving all over the lanes from the bike hard shoulders and over the fast lanes. Ridiculous.

Old farangs with their young children/stepchildren on the back of their 20 year old Honda Dream. More often than not wearing 200 baht helmets. Subjecting children to the dangers of Phukets roads is borderline child abuse IMO

Young farangs who join the Hwy Patrol and consider that allows them to drive home from the many bars they frequent, pissed as a monkey, as long as they drive slowly.

• Like 1

Old farangs with their young children/stepchildren on the back of their 20 year old Honda Dream. More often than not wearing 200 baht helmets. Subjecting children to the dangers of Phukets roads is borderline child abuse IMO

Young farangs who join the Hwy Patrol and consider that allows them to drive home from the many bars they frequent, pissed as a monkey, as long as they drive slowly.

where do I sign up to the HWY Patrol?

I agree. Actually I would like to cycle in Phuket, but when I think of how many times I've been annoyed by the not moving/not stopped pace of bicyclists it amazes me that more aren't run over and killed here...and some of the previous posts/debates about speeding reinforce that thought.

• Like 1

People are too much in the hurry on this island. It's like executing the life instead of living it.

Drive or ride slowly and you'll have time to see many hidden gems this or any other place can offer.

Maybe you should think about taking up cycling,or perhaps your one of those people who don't believe in exercise.i personally like surfing and other watersports. My exercise doesnt inconvenience others like cyclists on the road

Does surfing count as a exercise?. Swimming "yes" but that can be very dangerous in the sea off Phuket,due to the boats etc.

Maybe you should think about taking up cycling,or perhaps your one of those people who don't believe in exercise.i personally like surfing and other watersports. My exercise doesnt inconvenience others like cyclists on the road

Does surfing count as a exercise?. Swimming "yes" but that can be very dangerous in the sea off Phuket,due to the boats etc.

Quite a bit off topic. But I am guessing you've never surfed if you don't think it's exercise.

The driver of a mistubishi pajero with a sticker "phuket baby ..." (rentals?) who is driving like a complete maniac in the small streets of rawai. He almost killed my girlfriend on two separate occasions.

Once she missed the pajero by a small margin as he was entering the main road at full speed without looking at oncoming vehicules. Then lately he proceeded to overtake a car while several motorbikes were coming the other way. They almost all ended up in the ditch.

I hope that there will not be a third time and that the moronic driver will realize he will kill someone for sure if he keeps on driving like that, which is, by the way, horrible advertisment for his company.

The driver of a mistubishi pajero with a sticker "phuket baby ..." (rentals?) who is driving like a complete maniac in the small streets of rawai. He almost killed my girlfriend on two separate occasions.

Once she missed the pajero by a small margin as he was entering the main road at full speed without looking at oncoming vehicules. Then lately he proceeded to overtake a car while several motorbikes were coming the other way. They almost all ended up in the ditch.

I hope that there will not be a third time and that the moronic driver will realize he will kill someone for sure if he keeps on driving like that, which is, by the way, horrible advertisment for his company.

Actually saw it causing a nuisance at Chalong circle and honking its horn.

The baby rentals stickers really stood out.

You're right about it being a bad advertisement.

Can add the prawn delivery drivers. Saw one the other day going as fast as he could, given the traffic conditions on Chao Fa West, weaving in & out, even had to partially climb a small embankment by the TOT office to get ahead at the lights as there was already a queue jumper on the right side.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortuner drivers. All of them.

Couldn't agree more. I have often thought there must be some sort of Goo Goo gas of sort they comes out of the dashboard of fortunas. How such a high percentage of piss poor drivers have bought the same vehicle beggars belief.

They are all ex-Honda owners who haven't finished their Toyota driver retraining courses. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif