Rain Coming, Finally

stevehaigh

I hereby make all contributors to this thread honorary English. You do us proud.

The weather is our favourite topic of conversation. Pip, pip, toodle-loo.

To talk about the weather is common in countries which suffer generally bad weather.

Just started to rain (first time today) pretty heavy here in kata.

Where you live it usually rains a lot less than where we live

The opposite is happening at present

Of course it's not the monsoonal weather season yet. Once the wind shifts, they'll get more rain than us! Edited by Jimi007

I hereby make all contributors to this thread honorary English. You do us proud.

To talk about the weather is common in countries which suffer generally bad weather.

I think this thread (Rain...) should be resurrected. Started in 2004 and ran for nearly 6 years.

I think this thread (Rain...) should be resurrected. Started in 2004 and ran for nearly 6 years.

Sorry. What does that thread have to do with the weather in Phuket?

One strong, but small sized storm coming towards Ao Por at the moment (looking at the rain radar). Outside the sky is getting darker and thunder sounds coming from distance.

Is it the last remnants of the NE monsoon or the beginnings of the SW one?

It would be 2 months early for the SW monsoon.

Bunta's method in practice. Huge thunder (or an earthquake) just made the patio tremble.

I heard a loud boom about 10 minutes or so also. Assumed it was just thunder.

I think it was thunder, but as we have had few minor quakes here, it's an posibility.

I never felt anything when the quakes struck Phuket (or Koh Yao), just heard the loud bang at the time.

Nice little 'pop up' storm came through about 15 mins ago.... I had already checked the radar and the big stuff inbound had dissipated .....

Checked it again and the storm was clear....just as it reached the coast it suddenly intensified from zero to hero and along came the rain.

Single cell, back to nothing again now.