Chiang Mai's Farang Cops

baht&sold

Does the farang volunteer deserved such bashing. Please be kind on your word, at least they are there to served the people. :o

That's fine if they're genuinely wanting to help, but if they prowl the streets like the Nazi primadonnas trying to look hard in Pattaya, they can p1ss off and go stick their collective nose elsewhere.

Does the farang volunteer deserved such bashing. Please be kind on your word, at least they are there to served the people. :o

That's fine if they're genuinely wanting to help, but if they prowl the streets like the Nazi primadonnas trying to look hard in Pattaya, they can p1ss off and go stick their collective nose elsewhere.

I think you're being a touch hard. In the UK we have a similar concept with special constables, they help out with large public events when it would be very expensive to use the police. All they do is help give directions, help with lost kids, etc.

I think it's a great idea - how many tourist police can speak english?

Hmm, now I think about it - I start work in May, so I will be eligible to join - so once I'm all tooled up I'm coming looking for you, JackR!!! :D

Joel Khopang, Marilyn’s husband, was in the station one day when a 23-year-old Briton came in to report a lost camera. He signed the report regardless of being warned numerous times that it was illegal to file a false report. Going on instinct, Joel and some tourist police went to the man’s hotel room, only to find the said camera tucked away in the cupboard. The judge handed the lying Brit a 30-day sentence.

"going on instinct???" what's a good Christian like him know about criminal intent?

Also, why make a false claim of a theft? for insurance??? to commit fraud?

oh ok... so that's probably what Joel was "going on instinct" about...

Hmm, now I think about it - I start work in May, so I will be eligible to join - so once I'm all tooled up I'm coming looking for you, JackR!!! :o

He's the skinhead wearing the england scarf, might be difficult to spot.

Let's come back to this in a few months and see what they've been up to.

Hmm, now I think about it - I start work in May, so I will be eligible to join - so once I'm all tooled up I'm coming looking for you, JackR!!! :o

Man, I'm Scottish - the last thing I'll wear is an England scarf!

You'll be second on my list now - and Lamphun isn't as far as Pattaya!

What happened to the Farang police liaison person supposedly appointed personally by Thaksin ? :o

Never heard of that appointment. Any links or references, as I can't find any mention of it on the forum. Thanks..MM

Alasdair Connan

A slightly different capacity than I had imagined Lamphun, but many thanks for an interesting link..MM

Man, I'm Scottish - the last thing I'll wear is an England scarf!

You'll be second on my list now - and Lamphun isn't as far as Pattaya!

I was referring to JackR but if you're looking for me I'll be in the Diggers in May.