Hell Fire Pass Accomodation.

Mason45

Hi all,

I wish to visit Hell Fire Pass Kanchanaburi on April 25. As this day is Anzac Day I wish to attend the dawn service with a few friends. I've been there several times before ( never stayed over night ) since the area is quite remote we would need a resort close to HFP to lessen the drive at around 4,00 am. Has anyone stayed close by to HFP before Thanks.

Green world golf resort is very nice, It's about 20-30 km north of HFP going towards Tong Pa Phum.

I lived at the resort for 8 months when I was working up there 15 years or so ago

There are closer places, but if you want to spend some time up there it's a very good golf course. First hole is a chip shot over the river as is the 18th to finish, scenery can't be beat.

• Like 1

Will you have your own car? I may have a few suggestions for you.

This event is by far the most powerful remembrance even I have ever been to for any country.

All are welcome, and in particularly the Poms, Dutch, Canadian and Yanks who have thousands of fallen there as well.

(Note: The murdered Americans were taken home)

Here is last years Thai Visa Thread I found in Google just now http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/462057-anzac-day-in-kanchanaburi-thailand/

Annual AFL game there on the Sat this year. http://thailand-tigers.com/games/

27th (Sat) 0830 Anzac Day Game Kanchanaburi Sports Stadium Confirmed
Edited by Chao Lao Beach
  • Like 1

Green world golf resort is very nice, It's about 20-30 km north of HFP going towards Tong Pa Phum.

Or if that is full you could also try Pung Waan Khwae (Kwai) Noi which is about 75 kms from Kan town going up to Hell Fire Pass, near

Sai Yok Noi Waterfall.

large.jpg

and Maps of Kan http://www.pbase.com/win13/maps

Please have a safe trip and Welcome to Kan wai.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

I went there in November last year (2012) and we stayed at the Float House on the River Kwai which i would highly recommend.

http://www.thefloathouseriverkwai.com/

The only way to the hotel is by long boat from the Resotel Pier but it's only a 10 min drive to the Hellfire Pass which the hotel can organize your pick up for you.

The hotel is amazing and a great experience, peaceful and relaxing and i would definitely stay here again. There is also another place called the Hintok River camp which we also looked at staying at as I believe you can walk to the Hellfire Pass from there.

Yes of course, during our winter here in Thailand which is from November to February it will be nice to stay there, however, the OP's mentioned April, which is the hottest month in Thailand.

Since the Natural Gas Fields in Burma/Myanmar will be closed down for maintenance work in early April for a few days (we hope?) the flow of this River Khwae (Kawi) Noi and The Yai as well, will be very, very fast and High to allow for electricity to be generated in place of the Gas Fields, as was reported by one of the local media outlets, which we cannot be mentioned due to the forum rules.

So one most certainly would not propose folks to stay on any river raft on these two Rivers, as great as they are, during this time, April, due to the said maintenance works and there after, until the Gas Fields are back to normal.

Hope this helps you all. thumbsup.gif

Win from Kan on the Yai wink.png

Edited by Kan Win

Would like to ride up with my 600cc motorbike and sidecar during off season/not rainy. How hellish is the road/ traffic. Diesel puffing Vans/trucks are not the most becoming for low riders and overtaking with a sidecar is not the same like with a solo motorbike?

Hi ThaiPhuket,

Same as most roads in Thailand, as here in Kan. Now it is the harvest of the sugar cane season so trucks are up and down the roads, with the huffing and puffing of smoke and some with no smoke.

From Phuket to Kan it is all "duel cabbage way" and an easy road to here. Once in Kan you really only have two roads, going north, the 3199 and the 323 to the Three Pagoda Pass. These roads are single lane ones, once out of Kan Town, the 323 is double for a little bit btw. thumbsup.gif

Please view the link of maps below:-

http://www.pbase.com/win13/maps thumbsup.gif

Win whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

SAIYOK REGION (Hellfire Pass)

River Kwai Village Hotel 74/12 Moo 4, Baan Phu Ta Khien
Tambol Tasao
Saiyok
Kanchanaburi
+66 9 918-4562-3
+66 34 634 454-6

Pung Waan Resort (Kwai Noi
Tasao)
123/3 Tambol Tasao
Saiyok
Kanchanaburi
+66 34 634 295-300
Bangkok Sales office:
+66 2 278 0878
+66 34 515 830
Bangkok Sales Office
+66 2 278 5060
www.pungwaanriverkwai.com Email:
[email protected]
Bangkok Booking Office:
(02) 251 7828, 251-7494
+66 1 8805206
Bangkok Booking Office:
+66 2 255 2350
E-mail: [email protected]

Momchailai Forest Retreat 291 Moo 4
Tambol Tasao
Saiyok
Kanchanaburi
+66 86 778 8389
Bangkok Booking Office:
+66 2 662 0401
Bangkok B0oking Office:
+66 2 662 2743
Email: [email protected]

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We at Baan Ricky Motocross and Enduro Resort about 15km from Hell Fire Pass would like to wish all the people attending the Anzac event in April a great and memorable time. Feel free to come by and have a cold drink or try one of our great pizzas or hamburgers. We serve Western, Russian, and traditional Thai foods. We do have a few nice bungalows to stay at as well. Enjoy Thailand National park and waterfalls 3 km away as well.

Love to make it myself, but think all is booked up for 25th April. Probably have to come back to Khanchanaburi and get up early or not go to bed at all.

Where did this come from, i did not post it ?

Sorry, a bit hasty there. Just noticed it was posted in 2013 so must have been me ! Think that "oldzeimers" is setting in. wai2.gif