Girlfriend Trying To Take My Passport/work Permit

Pineapplesamui

I'm really worried about this

I came home for lunch today and my tgf

Was acting strange I noticed that the bag where I keep my passport and work permit bank book etc had been moved so I started looking or it I then saw her phone so I looked at the phone to see if I could spot anything unusual.

This is when I found all the pictures every single page she had taken pictures of and emailed them to herself as a backup.

No my main question is what is she trying to do with these pictures.

Is there any way she could use these against me to get money?

I am not sure exactly what she wants.

She claimed that he was using them to give to the lady she had rented the motorbike from but I don't believe this story.

When I told her to give me my passport back she ran down the road and I had to chase her and physically take it back.

Don't worry this all happened in front of witnesses so they can see that I didn't hurt her in doing so..

Then she asked for her iPhone back I did however lose my temper and smash it into little pieces all over the road.

She still has the key to the house but only the front part all important things are in a room she has no key to and I have told the landlord that he is not to help her as the lease is in my name.

So please tell me what problems I may have from this incident as far as I know the only thing I have done wrong is break the phone.

Are there any known scams about this sort of thing.

All my friends are shocked she would do something like this because she is generally very sweet, doesn't have too many friends and keeps to herself most of the time.

Please help I'm pretty confused on what to do with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you noticed your bag had been moved when you came home . do you leave your passport in a bag in plain sight? and then you seen her phone ? dont you see her phone everyday , but today you wanted to look at it because she acted strange. My wife acts strange every month , but I do not go and look at her phone and check my passport. so then you had to chase her down the road in front of many people and physically had to take her phone off her and then smash it on the ground ?

I THINK YOU ARE THE ONE ACTING STRANGE

why would you allow a gf access to those documents , she is more than likely taking out a loan using you as guarator hence use of passport and work permit and was never going to tell you about it . buy her a new phone and now she has proved she cant be trusted say goodbye and move on.

Edited by keith101
  • Like 2

You damaged her property. Buy her a new iPhone.

She took pictures of your passport. No crime against that. I wouldn't worry about it.

Consider moving and/or dealing with those anger management issues.

GFL.

You wouldn't worry about it. cheesy.gif

I will remember that and look forward to YOUR topic ''HELP''. laugh.png

Well what's worrying going to solve?

Nothing.

But the woman a new iPhone. Let her consider it a leaving present.

If she tries to get back into the property file a police report.

If she has tried to get a loan without signature file a police report.

That's the kind of HELP the OP needs.

Probably won't take it, though.

She took pictures of your passport. No crime against that. I wouldn't worry about it.

GFL.

Nothing.

Sooooo, a blokes bird is copying all his PRIVATE/IMPORTANT stuff and you say don't worry about it coffee1.gif . Weeeeeeell, you carry on. coffee1.gif ............rolleyes.gif ..............coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Remember to empty a bank account she would need the bank book and also his passport, signature on a form giving her permission is easy to do, most Thais don't check signatures too much. A loan is the same, just those things needed and hey presto the OP is in serious trouble, and his GF is running around in a nice new car.

• Like 2

GFL.

Nothing.

Sooooo, a blokes bird is copying all his PRIVATE/IMPORTANT stuff and you say don't worry about it coffee1.gif . Weeeeeeell, you carry on. coffee1.gif ............rolleyes.gif ..............coffee1.gif

I'm saying don't worry about it.

Do something about it.

Try to keep up.

Remember to empty a bank account she would need the bank book and also his passport, signature on a form giving her permission is easy to do, most Thais don't check signatures too much. A loan is the same, just those things needed and hey presto the OP is in serious trouble, and his GF is running around in a nice new car.

And l can assure all that there are B....... employees that will fiddle paperwork for a bung. sad.png

GFL.

Nothing.

Weeeelll, he got it back after he chased her down the street and physically took it from her, innit?

Wh.jpg

• Like 2

Get a bank box, leave your passport in it.

WP you have to keep at your place of work, or with you ..... no options there.

Move house, don't leave a forwarding address, don't give former gf your new address.

I'm guessing he paid for the i-phone so no need to replace.

If you really must see her again, use a short-time hotel.

Like previous posters suggested, preggers, theft from your bank account or loan in your name.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

This is his girl friend not his wife which was acting suspicious when confronted . then running off with the documents I would of panicked also , how long he has known her is another issue. She has no right to interfere with his private documents let alone copy them to use for her own use to rent a motorbike . .

• Like 1

When I told her to give me my passport back she ran down the road and I had to chase her and physically take it back.

......and when you got it back, you should have kept on running.

Edited by Semper
  • Like 1

All of this confirms what I've been told since I first started reading Thai-based forums - never tell them where you live. wink.png

this is perhaps excessive, but i have never understood why so many move a woman in after a brief relationship of a couple of weeks or even a couple of shags.

logic would dictate that your home is where you keep your valuables, logic would also dictate that you take some time establishing an actual relationship.

people ask "why would you allow her access to your documents?", when i believe a more appropriate question is why would you allow unfettered access to your home.

I have never felt the need to move a woman in beyond the one who bore my child, but then i have never felt the need to engage in an imaginary relationship with someone who was not my peer: educated, employed, and independent among other things

people ask "why would you allow her access to your documents?", when i believe a more appropriate question is why would you allow unfettered access to your home.

I'm guessing here but, they may think that you having access to their private parts, entitles them to have access to your private documents.

PS

Thanks for the fun and original thread.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1