Why Did You Come To Thailand

wayned

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came for the cheap B & B Booze and Bonking

Cheap booze? In Thailand?

Must be sangsom gut-rot. Cheap and nasty, and makes the hookers look sexy. Paradise for some..or maybe a necessity.biggrin.png

• Like 1

I came here to get over a broken heart. I lived with a 20 year old Cajun go go dancer from Tampa Florida for 3 years and she left me for a skinny hatchet faced female dance choreographer. Thailand worked. I was over the broken heart in a matter of hours. By the time I had climbed the first two floors on Nana Plaza I had forgotten all about Cajun women. I had even forgot where Tampa Florida was. By the time I made it to happy hour at the Cat House I had forgotten about where the USA was.

You turned her gay, eh!

I don't rightly know. The lady was a male impersonator. Now if the folks on Thai Visa could help me on this one. If the guys who like lady boys are not gay then are the girls who like male impersonators lesbians? Not her but she kinda looked like the photo.

I thought that was you as a younger man, Kelly. It was the hat, I suppose

In 1981, when I was 19yo, all I knew about Thailand was beaches, Buddhism, boxing, and Buddha sticks - that was enough to put it on my itinerary for my trip through SEA (a place where I could study Thai boxing and Buddhism and get high on a beautiful beach? I'm there).

In a larger sense, Asia beckoned, for a few reasons, since I was a boy.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

I came here on a government grant to improve the stock by way of genetic drift.

Perhaps your government paid your relocation to thailand in order to improve the stock in your home country?
Methinks, it can work both ways.....laugh.png
Wicked! You mean a "win win" situation?

One reason i came here is i cant stand freezing any more,

another reason is i'm not going to die freezing, it's a religious thing.

Other than that, i have been day dreaming of walking around in paradise in shorts & t-shirt,

swimming and being on beach.

Little did i know about go-go

• Like 1

I came here on a government grant to improve the stock by way of genetic drift.

"Improve the stock"? did they think Thais were cannibals?

Or are you really a chicken?

SC

Thai government grant.

My name's not Grant

I awoke nearly 4 years ago in the middle of a field in what I now know was Isaan. Naked. Cold. Hungry. I found my way to a nearby village were I met an elderly Thai couple who took me in and raised me as their own "lost" 40 something year old son.

Did they have a beautiful 16 something year old daughter?

Your op had my respect.

This 16 year old comment however lost it.

Did you say angina or vagina?

Didn't ask for any respect, nor do I want it! Unfortunately my comment about the 16 year old daughter is why some are here!

yes thats true. You dont ask for respect, you earn it .

Cheap booze and hookers

That sure was a good reason for coming. If anyone says the cheap sexy hookers were not part of the equation, I don't believe them or don't want to speak to them.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that 95% of single people moving here are male?

If you said availability of attractive women rather than availability of "cheap sexy hookers" I could have swallowed it(no pun intended). I think you are confusing those who flock to areas such as Pattaya and Nana etc (which from the sounds of it, is your own personal experience), to those who travel to other parts of Thailand. Im pretty sure, when your view is so blinkered, those who would try to tell you otherwise (that hookers are not a part of their equation), and you decide not to believe and thus not talk to them, wouldnt feel too much of a loss. Likely they have little in common with you, and have no real desire to converse with you either.

Well said. Can't say I'd consider it a major issue if a neanderthal with an attitude like his chose not to speak to me. It would save me having to tell him to piss off

One reason i came here is i cant stand freezing any more,

another reason is i'm not going to die freezing, it's a religious thing.

Other than that, i have been day dreaming of walking around in paradise in shorts & t-shirt,

swimming and being on beach.

Little did i know about go-go

Have you thought of becoming muslim, blowing yourself up for The Good Course, and next enjoying paradise?

I am not sure about shorts and t shirt, but there are other rewards awaiting you.

Jokes aside.

I came because I liked Thailand more than any other country I had or have been to. It's warm, the food is wonderful as are the people. No immediate family in the UK so / and no reason to stay. Retired 7 years ago when I was 39 so work was not going to be an issue. Spent the next couple of years sorting out loose end and seeing friends around the world who I would most likely not see again and moved full time to Thailand in 2009. I'd already spent maybe 60% of the previous 10 years here so I knew what to do and how to do it. It was an easy call to make and has been the best decision I ever made. I love it here.

• Like 1

I posted before that I choose Thailand because Thailand is cheap.

Yes, there are many nicer countries, but I can not afford them.

No, I do not particularly like Thailand, with its corruption, face, humid heat, unbuddhism, 19th century capitalism, racism.

But I found a place here - fruit garden, cheap nice house, wild orchids in the trees, swimming pool, resonably pleasant family, no farangs miles around, not too often noise from karaoke/funerals/wats/village PA systems, a wife that combines the best (and unfortunately also some of the worst) of Thailand and Europe.

After graduating from university, I spent as many years travelling as a I spent working.

I had a good life.

I am now here in Thailand to slowly fade away.

krisb,

I agree 100%! And if I offeded anyone with my flipant remark I apologise. But the truth is many come to Thailand for the young girls and boys that they can not get easily and legally at home! So be it! As I said i came here because I thought that I was near the end and all of a sudden there was a new beginning. It hasn't always been easy, but it has been worth it!

Not one honest reply here.

We all came here for the crumpet (in whatever degree)

From a non english speaker: sorry, but what is crumpet? google is of no help.

It's an English slang word for girly girls. But he is wrong anyway cos l didn't. smile.png

100% honest reply from me. Im not a man, so thinking with my dick wasnt a prerequisite.

• Like 2

It is a flat bread made from a batter of flour and water and yeast and things and grilled in an egg ring on a hot griddle.

post-73727-0-15326200-1362644898_thumb.j

It's an English slang word for girly girls. But he is wrong anyway cos l didn't. smile.png
When I see what some guys end up with as partners, I ask myself why would anyone come half way across the world for the crumpet.

No mention of those sent here by MNCs.

It is a flat bread made from a batter of flour and water and yeast and things and grilled in an egg ring on a hot griddle.
Thanks for your help.

So you know more about crumpets then about inflation.

Now where did you teach crumpet science?