Public Refuse, Land Fill Site

Satcommlee

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can take my truck and dump a load of rubbish?

By this I mean a legal public site and not behind the back of Tesco's in North Pattaya.

Or maybe someone who can come and collect and take care of it for me (probably behind Tesco's on North Pattaya Road), I'd rather pay someone than go through the hassle myself.

There will be recyclable stuff in there metals etc.., but it is mostly things like an old sofa in disrepair, old desk that's falling apart.. and any other crap that I decide not to take to my new house.

Yeah, I'd like to know too. I know there's a dump on Phoenix Golf Course Road up towards 331, but I don't know if it's available to the public. Many recyclable things can be gotten rid of by just putting them next to a public bin on the street--they don't last long and the people who make their living scavenging come and take anything with even a modicum of scrap value quite quickly.

Yes there is one at the end of Soi Khaotelao or however it is spelt - a fair way up. I think I got to it from going left at the road by the first 7/11 after you pass the lights on Suk and Pattaya Klang travelling south and then eventually turning left at the temple.

They are filling in a big hole and it looks like you can dump pretty much anything there. I have taken two loads of rubble and vegetation. A couple of women working there who may help unload. You just back up to the hole and chuck it in.

Did not have to pay anything - I gave a tip first time as the bags were very heavy but I had not asked for the help.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I've seen them filling the hole...just wouldn't want to be the poor sod who buys the houses built over it!

The question of a hauler is still unanswered...anyone have a contact for someone who will come and cart away some old furniture and stuff? I'm moving and have some stuff I need to get rid of.

You can dump your truckload along Highway 7, Road 36 to Rayong or any road you happen to pass by.

At least that is what I see happen on a daily base.

You can dump it on some of the quieter side roads at Cosy Beach too. A lot of people have been doing that.

I know someone who will collect it from you for a fee.If your interested pm me

Yeah sure, I expect to pay for this service (I'm not Thai so the roadside dumping is not my style) really just need a couple guys with a pickup willing to do a few hours work.

Yes, I've seen them filling the hole...just wouldn't want to be the poor sod who buys the houses built over it!

The question of a hauler is still unanswered...anyone have a contact for someone who will come and cart away some old furniture and stuff? I'm moving and have some stuff I need to get rid of.

Any house in Pattaya, except perhaps the first one, is built on a dump. If it's old furniture, why don't you sell it? Might look worn out to you, but visit one of the 2nd hand sales along Korphai, they offer trash far worse. When my Gf moved in she sold her furniture to the dealer located on the small Soi off Thepprasit opposite Korphai, about 100m down on the right side in the S bend. They cleared out everything, and she even received 2,500 Baht for her bulky waste.

Any house in Pattaya, except perhaps the first one, is built on a dump. If it's old furniture, why don't you sell it? Might look worn out to you, but visit one of the 2nd hand sales along Korphai, they offer trash far worse. When my Gf moved in she sold her furniture to the dealer located on the small Soi off Thepprasit opposite Korphai, about 100m down on the right side in the S bend. They cleared out everything, and she even received 2,500 Baht for her bulky waste.

Funny you should resurrect this old post, but you are exactly right...

I ask the local taxi motorbike station if they wanted the sofa, thought they'd love an old sofa to lounge on all day.. and the desk would have made them look pretty professional :-)

Within 20 minutes a pick-up arrived and all my crap was removed for free..

None of it was to be seen at the motorbike station though, so you were right.. One man's trash is another man's treasure!