Can Thai Debit Cards Can Use For Withdrawal , Everywhere In The World?

Hello!

When I want use my k cyber card Bangkok bank or scb card in the eu, is this possible on debit card? How high are the fees?for one time use?

One time I try to buy something in the board shop by Etihad airways, but the k cyber card was rejected!

I've used my Bangkok bank debit card widely throughout Europe to withdraw from ATM machines,I had less fortune when trying to purchase items with it until I spoke with my local branch here in Phetchabun,I am unsure of the fees for withdrawing cash abroad.

I've used my Kasikorn Debit Card throughout Asia, Australia and Europe and have never once encountered a problem, I think their fee for drawing cash is 100 Baht but I don't think they charge a fee when you use your card to make a purchase, in both cases they have a currency conversion charge of up to 2.5%. I have never thought the charges to be excessive. http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/RatesAndFees/Charges/ChargesDoc/ServiceFee_27122012_en.pdf

Regarding the use of your Kasikorn Cyber Card to purchase flight tickets most airlines insist on sight of the physical card to purchase the ticket if booked online and specifically exclude virtual cards. If you have a Kasikorn Debit Card you can register this, via an ATM, to be used online, you can even order a card with your name on it, that way you can book online and show the card when you check in. http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Debit/Pages/InternetshoppingbyKDebit.aspx

I have used my SCB card to purchase goods and get cash in India, Korea and China. As far as I know there was no fee but that maybe wrong.

Looks like you are paying at least a 2.5% foreign exchange risk premium. Link

I've used my Bangkok bank debit card widely throughout Europe to withdraw from ATM machines,I had less fortune when trying to purchase items with it until I spoke with my local branch here in Phetchabun,I am unsure of the fees for withdrawing cash abroad.

Looks like it a flat 100 baht per ATM withdrawal and it appears a 2.5% conversion charge for point of sale. Click on the Quick and Easy Withdrawal sublink at this Bangkok Bank webpage.

I expect Thai banks are pretty much standardized around this flat 100 baht and/or 2.5% exchange conversion fee for use of their debit card outside of Thailand.

• Like 1

Thx for information !

Is there a wish drawl limit set by the bank for each time or not ?

Another question when I change my debit card into a normal visa!, is it in Thailand also possible , to pay the monthly bill with one month delay like in the eu?

I recogneized that in Thailand on the debit card the payment always happen in realtime, not with monthly delay!

If you have a card with international logos on, eg visa, cirrus etc then it's usually capable of being used anywhere in the world that accepts that particular system

You should check with your bank before going away that your card is enabled for overseas use. Different banks have different bpolicies. In Singapore for example my bank issues me a debit card, which acts as an ATM card and I have to activate it for overseas use. Also its possible your card may block certain transactions as suspicious if countries you've never been to, so again best to let them know.

On fees best to check with your bank. They vary, and like banks throughout the world may not always be transparent so best to ask. eg fixed charge, exchange rate spread, % of transaction fee, some just blend them all together in. Also the 3rd party vendor or overseas bank you are using may levy their own charges.

On delaying payment for a debit card no you can't usually get a month's day. It's deducted from your account when presented for payment and processed. If you need a month's delay to need a charge card or in Thailand more likely a credit card

:)

What debit cards can be used with Paypal. My account says I can use a debit card

but the TMB bank says no. Has anyone had experience with Paypal accepting a Thai

Banking Debit card?

A Bangkok Bank debit card will work with paypal and can be used for online purchases, a SCB will not.they are only good for point of sale.

Kasikorn Also kcyber must register on ATM scb can do only on normal credit card! Other bank I don't know

Is the visa debit allready activated By the bangkok bank when the bank give you for online purchase, or also must do on the ATM?

Iam always wondering how low is the

Information level of the stuff at the counter!

I visit 3 Bangkok bank brunch to ask how high are the ATM fees in Thailand!

But all I are are big eyes, and absolute silence!

What debit cards can be used with Paypal. My account says I can use a debit card

but the TMB bank says no. Has anyone had experience with Paypal accepting a Thai

Banking Debit card?

A Bangkok Bank debit card will work with paypal and can be used for online purchases, a SCB will not.they are only good for point of sale.

Yea, I had my Bangkok Bank debit card linked on PayPal a couple a year ago...did one small buy just to ensure it really worked and it did but with a several percent fee. Then I had to get a replacement debit card when the old one cracked and I never linked it back to PayPal.

Banking Debit card?

Bangkok bank (be1st) for sure.

Also if you have internet banking with Bkk bank it's very easy to confirm your card with paypal as the required code shows up on your online card statement after a day or 2...

My SCB "Hip Card" which is absolutly not a Debit Card to my utter astonishment worked in a Barclays ATM in the Uk..............

Flat rate charge of 100 Baht at the time.

The hip card is a debit card.

It is not a credit card...

Banking Debit card?

Also if you have internet banking with Bkk bank it's very easy to confirm your card with paypal as the required code shows up on your online card statement after a day or 2...

Thank you. Need for e-books and sometimes bookings. Giving up on getting a credit card.

Banking Debit card?

Thank you. Need for e-books and sometimes bookings. Giving up on getting a credit card.

But sometimes a debit card won't work as the company you are buying the product/service from will only accept a credit card. It will depend on the company selling you the product/service.

On mk restaurant cannot pay with scb card for example

MK is probably thinking why should they pay the bank a percent or two to process the charge via debit card versus just having the customer go use the debit card to get money from the ATM which is probably very near by to pay the bill and avoid the transaction fee. But with a credit card maybe MK figures the customer may not have the money immediately onhand/in the bank so they might as well accept the credit card. I have only paid at MK using cash or my U.S. credit card (no foreign transaction fee card).

And just two days ago when trying to buy approx. 3000 baht of tile, grout, mortar this large western Bangkok store would only accept my U.S. credit card if I processed the transaction as a DCC transaction. In fact, they initially rang up the charge using DCC....I had them cancel the transaction and I ended up paying via my Bangkok Bank debit card. The salesman said the company had just recently changed its policy regarding foreign credit cards and would only process them via a DCC transaction. Of course this company is just trying to get another 3-4% in such a DCC transaction....I won't be using this store anymore unless I have to. First time in 5 years I've run across a company doing this....while some other companies will default to processing a DCC point of sale transaction like HomePro and Pizza Company they will also gladly charge in Thai baht as long as you tell them to.

Yeap, many times its the company your are buying the product/service from that determines they type of payment they will accept, be it debit card, credit card, PayPal, money order, XYZ, etc.

My SCB "Hip Card" which is absolutly not a Debit Card to my utter astonishment worked in a Barclays ATM in the Uk..............

Flat rate charge of 100 Baht at the time.

The hip card is a debit card.

It is not a credit card...

No its not......

Its a Cash Card issued back in 2004. Can not be used for Chip and Pin etc.

Thx for information!

My visa card from European bank has latest security chip, sometime the replacement was happen in the past during 5 Years validility with out further notice when there was a hack attack and security problem card was replaced quickly by the bank within 2 month!

No inside the eu I must also enter the pin when I want pay something in the store not only for wishddrawl!

But in Thailand still no pin needed in the supermarket!

Because all cash mashines must be also replaced to latest standard and this need long time!