Pheu Thai May Seek Disqualification

Lite Beer

Pheu Thai may seek disqualification
Praphan Jindalertudomdee,
The Nation on Sunday

Pheu Thai is considering filing a complaint with the Election Commission to try to disqualify Bangkok governor-elect Sukhumbhand Paribatra over statements by Democrat leaders that allegedly framed its candidate, deputy party spokesman Jirayu Huangsap said yesterday.

The party had gathered video clips of the Democrats' 12 rallies as evidence, but was considering whether to file a complaint directly in the name of the party, or to let people do it, he said.

Jirayu played a clip showing Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban saying: "They have set this: their group will take over the country to establish a new Thai state where the political system is not a constitutional monarchy."

The Election Commission last week refused to endorse Sukhumbhand's victory in the March 3 election saying there were a few complaints against him that needed to be probed first while the law allows the EC up to 30 days after an election before endorsing the result.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-10

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so what if that's their agenda and they got called out on it??

And if their intention is to run the country with a constitutional monarchy, and surely PTP are astute enough to realise this is the only realistic avenue open, then the message conveyed according to the Op would be a blatant fabrication by the Democrats, whose actions also appear to be resulting in a few questionable 'oversights' in financial areas. A good thing the EC is around to uphold the checks and balances.

Pheu Thai may seek disqualification

Exactly what I thought during the last national election when they blatantly broke electoral law by involved banned politicians and put forward candidates facing serious criminal charges.

Typical " don't do as i do..." attitude. I remember after the general election victory hearing of a grass roots red leader allegedly saying they were in power now and could do what they want but that's true for many in Thai politics

Is Sukhumbhand Paribatra actually a member of the Democrat Party ? even so he was elected governor not Suthep, and what exact rules did Suthep break anyway - Thais are such bad losers it's an interesting trait or fault that they will say anything - do anything other than admit defeat, you see it all the time especially in the political arena but you could probably apply it to anything they do

I'm also pretty sure there were many statements made by all sides during the run up to the election, the one that stands out the most was YS indicating that the government would not work with any elected governor except their candidate - she didn't actually say that but it was obvious that is what she implied

• Like 1

And if their intention is to run the country with a constitutional monarchy, and surely PTP are astute enough to realise this is the only realistic avenue open, then the message conveyed according to the Op would be a blatant fabrication by the Democrats

The intention has been mentioned countless times... including by the boss's son, Panthongtae Shinawatra.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

The complaints originate from a puppet party that is focused upon one thing and one thing only, the whitewash and the return of a convicted bail jumping convict

Interesting to note that the accusers are not too sure whether they as a political party labeled group should pursue the matter or whether ''members of the public'' should pursue the matter. I am sure as no doubt many others are that those members of the public of course would have no connection with the P.T.P. (Parasites and Ticks Party) would they ?.

To my mind there is an indication that the P.T.P. (Parasites and Tick Party) members are perhaps a trifle apprehensive lest the E.C. investigation actually exposes their candidates shortcomings as well as their party's involvement in the campaign, hence the smoke screen of ''members of the public.''.

Yet again we see the relentless devotion to the destruction of what little democracy there is in Thailand by the puppet masters minions.

Do it our way or no way.

And if their intention is to run the country with a constitutional monarchy, and surely PTP are astute enough to realise this is the only realistic avenue open, then the message conveyed according to the Op would be a blatant fabrication by the Democrats

The intention has been mentioned countless times... including by the boss's son, Panthongtae Shinawatra.

Then there is no case to answer Buchholz

So much for accepting defeat graciously, eh?

Yes not a common thing in Thailand accepting defeat graciously,a bit like wasting effort throwing up a guaranteed failure of a censure debate, but that is Thai politics

• Like 1

Is Sukhumbhand Paribatra actually a member of the Democrat Party ? even so he was elected governor not Suthep, and what exact rules did Suthep break anyway - Thais are such bad losers it's an interesting trait or fault that they will say anything - do anything other than admit defeat, you see it all the time especially in the political arena but you could probably apply it to anything they do

I'm also pretty sure there were many statements made by all sides during the run up to the election, the one that stands out the most was YS indicating that the government would not work with any elected governor except their candidate - she didn't actually say that but it was obvious that is what she implied

And perhaps the dems / someone should demand legal action against the red machine for adding the faces of well known / loved celebrities, without consultation or permission, to the red banners for the Bkk election.

I might be wrong but I don't think one could be pulled up for saying something one didn't actually say, or for what somebody thought you were trying to say but not actually saying it..........have you been involved in Thai politics long you appear to be picking up the basics

Pheu Thai is considering filing a complaint with the Election Commission to try to disqualify Bangkok governor-elect Sukhumbhand Paribatra

6 days ago – Speaking at a press conference, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra congratulated M.R. Sukhumbhand for his victory, and she pointed out that her government and Pheu Thai Party were ready to work seamlessly with the Bangkok Governor.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=6668&a=2

And I am sure they will once this little matter is amicably sorted out by the EC as they maintain their checks and balances

Go home and have a good look at yourselves Pheu Thai, spoilt children have better manners than you lot.

But you see the problem is that in Thai politics there always appears to be an alternative if the first attempt does not succeed, history is littered with such events.....so actually nothing new here

Yes not a common thing in Thailand accepting defeat graciously,a bit like wasting effort throwing up a guaranteed failure of a censure debate, but that is Thai politics

If you think that a "guaranteed to fail" censure debate is a waste of time, then you have little understanding of the Westminster system of government. If nothing else, it forces a recalcitrant PM to attend parliament, and then allows questions to be asked about corrupt government policies (such as the rice scam you like so much) which would otherwise never be mentioned.

Censure debates are closely followed by the press, which allows the public more insight than spin-doctored government press releases.

Then perhaps you would be so kind as to list the improvements and benefits Mick, I appear to have missed them (apart from a little newspaper fodder of course, noted already)

Edited by 473geo

If you think that a "guaranteed to fail" censure debate is a waste of time, then you have little understanding of the Westminster system of government. If nothing else, it forces a recalcitrant PM to attend parliament, and then allows questions to be asked about corrupt government policies (such as the rice scam you like so much) which would otherwise never be mentioned.

Censure debates are closely followed by the press, which allows the public more insight than spin-doctored government press releases.

Then perhaps you would be so kind as to list the improvements and benefits Mick, I appear to have missed them (apart from a little newspaper fodder of course, noted already)

If you could concentrate enough to get past the first sentence, I gave you 3 .

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 2

I'm impressed you think the PM attending is a benefit to the country Mick, as for asking questions and requesting explanation that is no benefit unless some further results are visible down the line (I understand the rice scheme is currently still in place with no changes) otherwise the whole thing becomes a PR debate with no concrete benefits....in my opinion of course

473geo.

In view of your ideals concerning the current situation surrounding the campaigning and the result of the gubernatorial elections in Bangkok and your views. .

What are your feelings upon the action of the Red Shirt (linked as we all know to the P.T.P. and Thaksin the puppet master) concerning the actions of the Red Shirts at Kon Kaen university,open democracy or a case of do it my way or no way?

Pheu Thai is considering filing a complaint with the Election Commission to try to disqualify Bangkok governor-elect Sukhumbhand Paribatra

6 days ago – Speaking at a press conference, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra congratulated M.R. Sukhumbhand for his victory, and she pointed out that her government and Pheu Thai Party were ready to work seamlessly with the Bangkok Governor.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=6668&a=2

That's not what she said during the run up to election, she implied the exact opposite in not so many words, but hey they lost time to move on or in Thailand "not"

I sometimes think when I look at Thai news that it's a bunch of junior school kids churning this stuff out - some TVF posters could also be included in that

473geo.

In view of your ideals concerning the current situation surrounding the campaigning and the result of the gubernatorial elections in Bangkok and your views. .

What are your feelings upon the action of the Red Shirt (linked as we all know to the P.T.P. and Thaksin the puppet master) concerning the actions of the Red Shirts at Kon Kaen university,open democracy or a case of do it my way or no way?

do you honestly expect an inteligent answer

I'm impressed you think the PM attending is a benefit to the country Mick, as for asking questions and requesting explanation that is no benefit unless some further results are visible down the line (I understand the rice scheme is currently still in place with no changes) otherwise the whole thing becomes a PR debate with no concrete benefits....in my opinion of course

Which brings us right back to "If you think that a "guaranteed to fail" censure debate is a waste of time, then you have little understanding of the Westminster system of government."

I do enjoy your circular arguments, and attempts to drag every thread off topic.

Edited by OzMick

I might be wrong but I don't think one could be pulled up for saying something one didn't actually say, or for what somebody thought you were trying to say but not actually saying it..........have you been involved in Thai politics long you appear to be picking up the basics

I've been around long enough to see through the fog - even yours, now run along

Actually it's smoke........but you'll get there.....

473, your statement of understanding the rice scam is still in place, leaves me wondering if you are up to date on plans, proposals, staments make by those involved in sorting out this mess. Granted the Big brother as well as the PM have gone quiet on this huge failure. The markers are coming in for payment on this and the other scams they have proposed and half arse implemented,.

They are treating another mistake (the bangkok election) the same way they always handle their failures, try to get another group involved just to muddle the picture a bit more, while they find another potential source of revenue for themselves/cronies.

Thailand has had its di.k knocked into the dirt by this group before, they have come back and are showning their orginal failure was no fluke. It is time to move on and beyond this 'gang of has been, want to be leaders' Give them their rightful position, working the suction hose on a night honey, clean out truck.

And if their intention is to run the country with a constitutional monarchy, and surely PTP are astute enough to realise this is the only realistic avenue open, then the message conveyed according to the Op would be a blatant fabrication by the Democrats, whose actions also appear to be resulting in a few questionable 'oversights' in financial areas. A good thing the EC is around to uphold the checks and balances.

I must admit I don't find Suthep a very impressive person and if he did say this then I wouldn't be surprised.

I do think the Dems should stop using the king and the monarchy in politics. Due to the outdated LM laws here it's not possible to be sure of Thais opinions on the matter and in my view they create a bad impression and make any discussion such as this ultimately unsatisfactory. Just from my own experience I think that if there were an open debate on this then there would be overwhelming support for the king which would be my view as well. That being the case I can't see that they would risk trying to get rid of the monarchy, at least not under the present circumstances. I believe that the red shirts and possibly the PTP what to get rid of the LM laws and for once I agree with them.

This like all other potential irregularities need to be investigated properly. I do remember the apparent statement about the government working with Pongsapat which in the English version did seem a bit suspect. I don't know what the outcome of that was but after the result I suppose it doesn't matter although in light of these developments maybe that will change.

Regardless of all this there's something a bit unusual about a country seemingly being run by a criminal from abroad.

• Like 2