Rent Rice Farm At Percent Of Crop

Anyone have any pointers here? We are mainly absentee farmers and find it harder now to run things remotely. I believe you can rent out the paddies at a percentage of the crop. One chap here doing such for 30% - is this a good deal?

The split up in our area is a 50/50 share. If rented, the the rent per rai per year varies from 400 baht to 900 baht depending on if there is year around water available.

We leased our rice farm for five years up until last season when the hand brake decided to do it alone ( well not alone, our neighbours did most of the work) but leased out we negotiated a percentage of 40% of the crop.

Edited by ib1b4

The split up in our area is a 50/50 share. If rented, the the rent per rai per year varies from 400 baht to 900 baht depending on if there is year around water available.

Rent seems remarkably cheap, where do you live?

Wifey rents out our paddy at 1500bht per rai per crop. Usually 3 crops per year but sometimes four if lucky.

Most other paddy around the village is rented out at 2000bht per rai per crop.

One of our neighbours says 2500bht next crop which is getting a little too greedy!

Wifeys dad goes for sharing and gets 30%.

Actually it is 1/3 of the crop. You can have 1/2 the crop but you will have to provide the new seeds for the season and help out in miscellaneous cost like fuel for the tractor and hired help. I settled for 1/3 and do nothing expect the occasional 2 bottles of lao khao and pla duk during transplanting and harvesting. If they bring in the tractor or backhoe to upgrade the borders once every few years, i pay (as land owner)

4 rai.....(harvest) out of 45 sacks total minus 3 sack as seeds for the next season balance 42 sack. 1/3 i get 14 sacks...Every year.

Depends on the yeild, more I'll get more, less I'll get less, still 1/3.

Edited by RedBullHorn

Wifey rents out our paddy at 1500bht per rai per crop. Usually 3 crops per year but sometimes four if lucky.

One of our neighbours says 2500bht next crop which is getting a little too greedy!

We get at most 1 crop per year. Last year about 30% of normal due to drought. You don't realise how hard they do it up here in Maha Sarakham.

We get at most 1 crop per year. Last year about 30% of normal due to drought. You don't realise how hard they do it up here in Maha Sarakham.

Yes we are really lucky in Kanchanaburi. Fantastic irrigation system here.