Don't Use Second Hand Parts Campaign Kick Off

The Thai and Asian Motorcycle Industrial Organizations with the help of all motorcycle manufacturers have today started a campaign to raise public awareness against the use of second hand parts for motorcycle repairs.

GLjAv3E5A60314110341.jpg

Sounds like someone has interests in new parts in the govt. Such a disposable world we live in now, recycle and reuse, if the part is still ok from a wreckers i see no reason not to use it over new parts, the carbon footprint has already been made for the second hand part, the new part only helps destroy more of the environment.

This is not the Thai government, it's the work of the Thai and Asian motorcycle industry organizations...

Personally I'm also not so happy with this campaign as one of my companies sells (B2B) used big bike parts sourced from motorcycles we buy from the revenue department...

This is not the Thai government, it's the work of the Thai and Asian motorcycle industry organizations...

Personally I'm also not so happy with this campaign as one of my companies sells (B2B) used big bike parts sourced from motorcycles we buy from the revenue department...

Interesting, but are you sure it isn't a campain against the use of fake parts? Of course motorbike repair shops shoudn't use second hand parts on security related areas like brakes. Do we need a campaign for this? Maybe, here in LOS... laugh.png

ตกเป็นเหยื่อ = to become a victim (of)

อะไหล่เทียม

อะไหล่ = spare part

เทียม = artificial; false; imitation

Edited by wantan
  • Like 2

If the second hand part fits the specs and has plenty of life left, where's the problem?

the last bad crash i saw was a friends wrecked er6n and either insurance or kawasaki rama9 took the liberty to use

2nd hand parts/reconditioned /remanufactured parts becauae when we examined it carefully we found a few small scratches and signs of wear on the "new "

parts and rather disturbingly they also offered to bend the frame back into shape to save time ordering a new frame and

changing the frame number and green book at the DLT

luckily he knows a bit about bikes and insisted on a new frame because the mechanics were trying to talk him into letting them fix the old one even though insurance had already paid kawasaki for a brand new replacement frame rolleyes.gif

If the second hand part fits the specs and has plenty of life left, where's the problem?

Companies that sell new parts will suffer?

Hardly my problem. When you go into business you have to be prepared for all sorts of opposition.

Companies that sell new parts will suffer?

Hardly my problem. When you go into business you have to be prepared for all sorts of opposition.

Exactly and also thai people will do whats best for there wallet and not follow any advices buying new stuff if its there secondhand

in good shape.

I have seen them walk away over 200 baht.

Shame on me I just fitted a 2nd hand wing mirror on my bike.....tutut

If this is about safety I think they need to concentrate on other issues first like road awareness and the enforcement of helmet law

I still believe the campaign is about "Beware of fake parts". And this makes sense of course.

If this is about safety I think they need to concentrate on other issues first like road awareness and the enforcement of helmet law

I still believe the campaign is about "Beware of fake parts". And this makes sense of course.

Now that's put a new slant on it. Selling fake part that are of inferior quality is a very bad thing. I think people that do that should be in jail for a long time.

• Like 1

Now that's put a new slant on it. Selling fake part that are of inferior quality is a very bad thing. I think people that do that should be in jail for a long time.

So you want to put half of the thai population in jail cheesy.gif

Exactly and also thai people will do whats best for there wallet and not follow any advices buying new stuff if its there secondhand

in good shape.

I have seen them walk away over 200 baht.

Wheras Fatangs will stand broad of shoulder and stout of thigh, just to do the right thing, such upstanding citizens they are.....booooo for Thai people, Hooray for farangs, we will always do the right thing......Fatangs forever, down with the natives, if only they could learn how to behave like us"....... Edited by Banzai99

So you want to put half of the thai population in jail cheesy.gif

I think you exaggerate somewhat old chap. I think the numbers would only be in the low millions.