Video Of Men Brutally Beating Women Draws Ire Of Thai Netizens

webfact

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why did the woman not use the iron to defend herself...

Because the police, sorry, did that type itself out? The 'pimps' who in no possible way would be Thai police officers would have buried them alive?

Edited by Almera

It's tragic that these males (not real men as we commonly understand) feel the need to gang up on poor defenseless women.

As the mod said, generalizations are unfair as any males from any country could have been involved in this scenario.

The Burmese males in the video were acting as "caretakers" of the women? Indeed!

Seeing this just makes me very angry as I am sure it does most of us.

Problem is what can/will be done about it? Answer: Probably nothing.

Not using the services of these ladies, or any prostitute, would be a step in the right direction!

Amazing comment.ermm.gif

So let's assume the girls were planning on working in a fish plant or shrimp peeling facility, this story has absolutely nothing to do with the oldest profession in the world but plenty to do with violence against women and frankly any kind of violence.

Don't digress into the 'evils' of prostitution and all that.

This is simply mindless violence and intimidation against captive females. Doesn't matter where they come from. This just happens to be a rare video of the action, much like the video where a woman was filmed beating a child.

If you would know that the next shrimp on your plate was peeled by the 2 girls in this video,who took a beating for your appetite, I am pretty sure you wouldn't eat it! Sex trade is a serious and brutal business in Thailand and a lot of these girls are forced their way into the trade! Stay away from it, and find someone to love.

"Stay away from it, and find someone to love."

You assume too much by your comment!

What a bunch of heroes.

That prick with the handbag needs to receive some contact counselling. Then move to his mates.

As one of the counselors I used to work with at a substance abuse center said: "he needs some concrete therapy"
  • Like 1

My tg was in oz and my phone was low on credit so I told her not to go calling her family for 1 day.

I got home and yep, she'd called and no credit left. I wasn't at all a happy camper but what she said astounded me.

'You can hit me, I understand'.

What the f>>>> is that about? Do they expect to be belted?

Even if some do expect it that is absolutely no reason for anyone to think it is ok to do. I want those guys extraordinarily rendered to Saudi for a public flogging and stoning. To be performed by those girls.

Further comments regarding moderation have been removed. Suspensions are available for those who cannot obey forum rules:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

'You can hit me, I understand'.

What the f>>>> is that about? Do they expect to be belted?

Many consider every action as a trade. Nothing is done for free. Besides, the body is just the vessel for the being, a few belts or short-times with a fat smelly bloke doesn't matter as long there was a worth while trade.

It's tragic that these males (not real men as we commonly understand) feel the need to gang up on poor defenseless women.

As the mod said, generalizations are unfair as any males from any country could have been involved in this scenario.

The Burmese males in the video were acting as "caretakers" of the women? Indeed!

Not using the services of these ladies, or any prostitute, would be a step in the right direction!

Amazing comment.ermm.gif

So let's assume the girls were planning on working in a fish plant or shrimp peeling facility, this story has absolutely nothing to do with the oldest profession in the world but plenty to do with violence against women and frankly any kind of violence.

Don't digress into the 'evils' of prostitution and all that.

This is simply mindless violence and intimidation against captive females. Doesn't matter where they come from. This just happens to be a rare video of the action, much like the video where a woman was filmed beating a child.

Quite right.

And even more, there was a post or article a while back, discussing a humanitarian organization, taking girls out of the prostitution circle, was in Northern Thailand.

One so-called prostitute was suggesting to this organization to go help somewhere else. As now these ladies had no money to send their children to school.

In addition, many long standing relationships started in this fashion, going out for one night....

Prostitution here does not carry the same stigma as it does back home... Might very well be a good reason for that....

This is a very touchy subject, but needs to be considered. Taking girls off the street makes a lot of sense on the face of it. It is even better when they can be given alternative jobs. The problem is that many of these jobs, often promoted hard by Western NGOs, involve mind-numbing, boring work. The faces on some of the weavers in Laos testify to this. It could be argued that the girls would be better off making money by selling their bodies, and investing it in their own businesses. The problem with this is that it rarely happens that way. Of greater interest, though, is that the topic is completely taboo in current thinking. In the last few decades, with the help of deconstruction and other analytical tools, we now know that there is no such thing as universal truth, that the logos is evasive: that meaning is "always already deferred" as they say. The irony is that many feminists who, for sound reasons, cling to deconstruction to underpin their gender-driven approach, take an approach that is internal to (post-Christian) Western moral values when it comes to prostitution.

Before we get started let me make it very clear that derogatory generalizations about all Thai men will NOT be tolerated. Plenty of foreign men are just as happy to beat up women as Thai as well as men of every other nationality. So, don't even start down that road.

Cheers

Whatever or Whoever, still A-holes.

Edited by jacko45k

Switch your TV on everynight at 8.30pm and watch channel 7.. men hit women everyday on the soap operas so its not surprising they do it in real life as they watch the garbage everyday...

Thailand leads by example in uncensored 'drama'. The Thai's love that crap yet deplore actual footage. Double standards?

One of the 3 golden rules where I come.(NE Scotland)

1. Never grass on your friends.

2. Never hit a woman.

3. Don't trust a tee-totaller.

Seeking work as a prostitute in any country carries a risk of violence- very sad.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2

Last time I saw a video that made me this angry, were planes flying into buildings in New York.

Let me get this right.

Several women are beat up which is alarming and should be investigated within a culture that commonly overlooks such behavior and you are comparing that to 3,000 people dying?

I must be missing something here.

Edited by Markaew

Switch your TV on everynight at 8.30pm and watch channel 7.. men hit women everyday on the soap operas so its not surprising they do it in real life as they watch the garbage everyday...

Thailand leads by example in uncensored 'drama'. The Thai's love that crap yet deplore actual footage. Double standards?

How many Thai soap operas have a story line where the girl falls in love with the guy who kidnapped & raped her? My wife says this is a long-standing genre in print & screen. Disgusting that people just accept this as "entertainment".

"Plenty of foreign men are just as happy to beat up women as Thai as well as men of every other nationality. So, don't even start down that road."

If we are to be tolerant of Thai men and not bash them in general, shouldn't we be just as tolerant to "men of every other nationality"? Some "...men of every other nationality." may not want to beat up women. I believe that is also a generalization that should be avoided.

Tolerance should be available to all. As westerners we may not get that tolerance from Thais, but we should have it for each other.

• Like 1

If we are to be tolerant of Thai men and not bash them in general, shouldn't we be just as tolerant to "men of every other nationality"? Some "...men of every other nationality." may not want to beat up women. I believe that is also a generalization that should be avoided.

Tolerance should be available to all. As westerners we may not get that tolerance from Thais, but we should have it for each other.

Thai men, and women are the most tolerant that I've ever seen. What do you mean, "we may not get tolerance from Thais"?

Thai men, and women are the most tolerant that I've ever seen. What do you mean, "we may not get tolerance from Thais"?

I am talking about grouping people and bashing them as a group. Thais absolutely do that. We are Farang and should be avoided. Do you feel like Thais are tolerant when you process your visa or your work permit?

"CARETACKERS" ARE YOU JOKEING? I think it much more likely that the men are SLAVE TRADERS, HUMAN TRAFFICERS, LOW LIVES, SCUM OF THE EARTH.

Please note that I am reminding you of the forum rules, If you cant abide by them then don't post, If you can't grasp the fundamental concept of me requiring that the rules are applied equally to all groups then don't post.

Personal attacks will result in a suspension.

Gross derogatory generalizations whether about Thai men, Thai women, foreign men foreign women or little green men are NOT ALLOWED. I do hope that this makes my stance perfectly clear as the next person to get personal will also be suspended.

cheers

I am talking about grouping people and bashing them as a group. Thais absolutely do that. We are Farang and should be avoided. Do you feel like Thais are tolerant when you process your visa or your work permit?
"We are Farang and should be avoided."

Seems like you are making lots of assumptions based on some totally irrational fear or paranoia!smile.png

Do you live in a tourist area, by any chance?

When I process my visa,the Thai immigration officers have no need to be tolerant --what are you on about? It all goes very smoothly. I see them being very tolerant to all the foreigners who can't speak Thai.

When I do my WP, again all very fast and straightforward.

Yesterday, I went to the tax office and they all seems pretty tolerant. I went with my 2 kids and two visiting nephews. I walked through the office to speak with the woman I know while the kids played on the next desk. I can't imagine any other country's tax office to be so tolerant.

I agree, I have had to do a lot with various organisations in Thaland and really the only problem has been language issues, which have been resolved. I have had much more difficulty dealing with government people in Australia, particularly immigration departments in general, attitude is terrible!