• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-63766-0-01049700-1364746547_thumb.j

There's really only one thing for it.

A good ol' fight behind Paragon.

Tuesday 6pm.

Schoolgirl-attack-caught-on-YouTube-5900

Be there or be a Lifan 125 rider, losers.

who do you wanna fight? LOOOL!! im guessing by the most hate posts coming from tan in thai hahaha!

should i come to? i just need to find my read k1 shorts...

i think i know why honda didnt want the rpm to be to high on their new cbr 500cc bikes

They wanted it to be the same as the Ducati 795 ........ Ducati are after all the number 1 elite sports bike brand in Thailand ...... right that's what you mean!!!! :)

sent from my phone with TV Android app. if the Quotes are screwed its not my fault. its the bloody app.

^ Oh sounds like you are comparing it to or had visions of it being the same as the superbike range that is called cbr rr, obviously thinking like that you would be dussapointed Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No, I was originally disappointed to see it had a redline around 9000rpm. And not like the 250 @ 10.5k rpm or 150 @ 11.5k rpm.

I think everybody was, tbh.

Now upon learning that on top of this the rev limiter kicks in bang-on at redline at 9k rpm, and not at least 1k after like the 250 (11.5k) or 150 (12.5k), it is doubly disappointing.

It will of course suit some people, and not others. As long as those thinking of buying one know what they're getting.

Strange as it seems only ONE poster has even mentioned the limiter. And he managed to hit it once on a test ride at Big Wing in 1st gear on a Bike with minimal fuel. The test area is fairly small. It would be interesting if the Op would try a proper test ride on open roads (say rent one in Pattaya)

Until then he and every one else who hasn't ridden one has NO idea how the Bike rides in real road situations.

The Redline starts at 8800. Op says the limiter comes on at 9000. For sure!

You mentioned the Cbr250 recline/limiter. Personally I have hit the limiter once and that was early on in riding the bike. I then realized that there was absolutely no reason to rev it so high as I had already gone past the power peak.... that's what its all about at the end of the day ..... power.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes you are right about that! My test on this bikes where not proper and it was at the change to the 2nd gear I felt this clutch jammed feeling not revving it max on the 1st gear loool what would be the use of that hahaa.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you for real?

Why don't you guys just buy the bikes you want, instead of nagging about the bikes you don't want in the first place?

Right I forgot, can't afford a big bike on a teacher's salary.

I ride my 500 every day and it is a great bike, no reason to rev the crap out of it.

• Like 2

Why don't you guys just buy the bikes you want, instead of nagging about the bikes you don't want in the first place?

I ride my 500 every day and it is a great bike, no reason to rev the crap out of it.

I agree about the bikes... Not sure about the reference to teachers salary though!

• Like 1

I already bought it, thanks for the advice though. I still think it's good to discuss the relative merits of the bikes available here in LOS, that's what forums like these are for.

PS I've never understood the animosity towards teachers here. I don't teach, never have, but the constant running down of teachers, TEFL'ers etc. is confusing. Why all the hate?

• Like 1

JonnyF, on 01 Apr 2013 - 10:55, said:

PS I've never understood the animosity towards teachers here. I don't teach, never have, but the constant running down of teachers, TEFL'ers etc. is confusing. Why all the hate?

Insecure people need a perceived underclass in order to feel superior.

As for buying the bikes we want, why not simply buy the bike one wants from what is locally available and stop pinning for ones that are not.

It is that one rides not what one rides.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

pokerkid, we know this whole thread is a trolling action but we are just having some fun and create some action in bikes in Thailand forum.

Feed the trolls sometime just for good karma, as it looks like they are very hungry, i guess they do not have enough money to eatlaugh.png and buying a bike above cbr250biggrin.png

trolls are also living beings.biggrin.png

Edited by loserlazer

^

post sums it up nicely,anyone that knows anything about bikes would not expect an engine designed for low down torque to be high revving as loser says it's just a bit of a game with the trolls they really know what were are talking about but sometimes they get bored under their bridge and like to cOme out to play.

You then also have the people who have never ridden a bile before then come thailand pay 300 bht for an eyetest and hey presto you have a Thai driving license they then buy a cbr 250 bike and think they have become bike experts overnight.

• Like 2

People are still upset 555.

Interesting to see them reduced to attempted insults.... 'tis odd really... Almost as odd as a dressed and marketed mid-engined 'sports' bike being designed to be limited at 9k rpm.

Looks like Tuesday 6pm is back on.... :D

• Like 1

Besides, I thought this bike cost around 210k, or something like 50k down and then 5k p/m for those who are reduced to finance.....

Really expensive and unattainable that lol. cheesy.gif

Edited by Almera

Besides, I thought this bike cost around 210k, or something like 50k down and then 5k p/m for those who are reduced to finance.....

Really expensive and unattainable that lol.

Actually as low as 25k down :P

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

pokerkid, we know this whole thread is a trolling action but we are just having some fun and create some action in bikes in Thailand forum.

Feed the trolls sometime just for good karma, as it looks like they are very hungry, i guess they do not have enough money to eat:lol: and buying a bike above cbr250:D

trolls are also living beings.:D

Your benign treatment of the troll has earned you merit :)
  • Like 1

i think i know why honda didnt want the rpm to be to high on their new cbr 500cc bikes cheesy.gif

As I have said before: Stupid is an epidemic with no sign of a cure!

I don't understand what someone gets out of revving the guts out of an engine. blink.png

If I'm disappointed with something in life i usually let go and let it fade away, I don't bang on about it and keep reminding myself.

The CBR500 is what it is, get over it and buy the MTT Turbine Superbike: 320 HP @52,000 rpm

• Like 2

If I'm disappointed with something in life i usually let go and let it fade away, I don't bang on about it and keep reminding myself.

I know, I know... These guys banging on and on and on that mid-engined, marketed 'sports' bikes shouldn't be able to go past 9k rpm... whatcha gonna do, everyone's entitled to an opinion, even the inexperienced low revvers out there.

Edited by Almera

i bought the bike today! cbr500r white. just waiting for it to be ready for pick up in a couple of days.

i didnt expect it to be done but it is indeed done! its a decent bike for the money i guess.

After all those rev talk, if you bought a cbr500, you must be out of your mind.

We thought that you will buy a cbr1000r. Why not? Cbr1000 is revving too much for you?:lol:

And do not rev cbr500r too much as it has a rev limiter at 9000 rpm:D

Edited by loserlazer

Lmfao i cant believe it after all that slagging it of to the ground, well congratulationson your new bike have fun and be safe.......im still laughing...:P

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well at first I thought the bike could rev more but that honda restricted it at 9k.but now that I know that it is what it is and after been watching tons of videos on youtube and also reading alot of good stuff here on thai visa I felt the bike was very worth its price. Sure I want something stronger but I dont have the cash for the 600k thb price ranges so this will have to do.

You can laugh its okay! I find it funny myself haha.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app