New Cars Are Awful.

I hate the way they beep at me when I reverse, I despise those little pictures that light up because I'm not wearing a seat belt or the door is open and I despair at the way they are a scratch magnet to anything.

BTW, who thought black was a good colour- it shows up every speck of dust.

Black, the Sign of The Self Important. Most of my Thai Relations chose it. All thick as Pig Shit.crazy.gif

Many Thais refuse to own black cars, thinking them bad luck. I notice that is not a problem in Bangkok where the Thais are from this century mindset often. Self-important? I suppose a fully dressed out black shiny Nissan Almera with chrome everywhere, (as I've seen recently) might fit that description? Black is class. period. But for sure looks better on more expensive cars often, and not on every car model.

• Like 1

Black, the Sign of The Self Important. Most of my Thai Relations chose it. All thick as Pig Shit.crazy.gif

Many Thais refuse to own black cars, thinking them bad luck. I notice that is not a problem in Bangkok where the Thais are from this century mindset often. Self-important? I suppose a fully dressed out black shiny Nissan Almera with chrome everywhere, (as I've seen recently) might fit that description? Black is class. period. But for sure looks better on more expensive cars often, and not on every car model.

My Wife Told Me.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

My new c 250 merc is black with Amg body look cool to me better than the white or silver also my worker cleans it so no dust to be seen.

I would accept a C250 in any colour. thumbsup.gif .....................smile.png

If I could work this site I give you a photo on here but when i click the download buttom below i get to my picture of the car but it lets me right click on copy but when i come back to this page it wont let me attach so I must be doing some thing wrong::(

Stand by a BMW Diesel Car and it doesn't Clatter, stand by the New B.M. X SUV and a Toyota is much Quieter. The new Benz Hatchback gets a slating for Clatter. Dont these Car Bosses have Ears ?.. If i was Mr B.M. i would simlpy say,You cant release that Truck, till its as Quiet as our Cars. Fords Cars dont clatter much for some reason.coffee1.gif

Back as a child a normal priced car came in every colour of black, only if you were better off was there a choice of 2 tone cars...

by the late 50's came many shades of white or off white, by the mid 60' Black was for funeral rides........ even here in Thailand appears that funeral rides.are Black Mini Buses and Van..

​No never had a black car, guess will be my last ride, but until then, NO, cannot see what is cool about black if you want something to get hot you paint it black, I would rather have a cool car, must be the in thing now as so many black cars and pickups about, not long ago almost all were Silver, maybe flower power will come back ?

Back as a child a normal priced car came in every colour of black, only if you were better off was there a choice of 2 tone cars...

by the late 50's came many shades of white or off white, by the mid 60' Black was for funeral rides........ even here in Thailand appears that funeral rides.are Black Mini Buses and Van..

​No never had a black car, guess will be my last ride, but until then, NO, cannot see what is cool about black if you want something to get hot you paint it black, I would rather have a cool car, must be the in thing now as so many black cars and pickups about, not long ago almost all were Silver, maybe flower power will come back ?

post-41816-0-47731100-1364530086_thumb.j

smile.png

Also when I had my 300e in New Zealand before the main problem was people stealing the 3 pointer off the bonnet ( happened 3 times all different placers even in day time )

I recall that being a problem in the UK back in the 70s and 80s when they were such expensive cars in comparison with other makes, but now the prices have evened up a lot between manufacturers, i didn't think vandals/thiefs were so interested.

Also when I had my 300e in New Zealand before the main problem was people stealing the 3 pointer off the bonnet ( happened 3 times all different placers even in day time )

I recall that being a problem in the UK back in the 70s and 80s when they were such expensive cars in comparison with other makes, but now the prices have evened up a lot between manufacturers, i didn't think vandals/thiefs were so interested.

I recall they made the emblem ''bendy'' in case of damage in a pedestrian accident. In our farang ''perfect'' world it would not surprise me if they were told to do away with it. sad.png

I recall they made the emblem ''bendy'' in case of damage in a pedestrian accident. In our farang ''perfect'' world it would not surprise me if they were told to do away with it. sad.png

Yes think was the same for Jag, pedestrian accident safety they had to get rid of the jaguar on the front

Yes think was the same for Jag, pedestrian accident safety they had to get rid of the jaguar on the front

May be both for safety and theft. I had the kitty stolen off my xj6, and also had at least one of my Benz emblems stolen.

May be both for safety and theft. I had the kitty stolen off my xj6, and also had at least one of my Benz emblems stolen.

Playground folklore when i was a kid was that the Spirit of Ecstasy on the bonnet of Rollers would disappear down into the radiator if you touched it, to avoid theft. True or not i never found out.

Playground folklore when i was a kid was that the Spirit of Ecstasy on the bonnet of Rollers would disappear down into the radiator if you touched it, to avoid theft. True or not i never found out.

It went down when you turned off ignition. at one time.coffee1.gif No rude remarks pleasewub.png

It went down when you turned off ignition. at one time.coffee1.gif No rude remarks pleasewub.png

Well, that Benz star was connected pretty well with a high gauge wire, so I'm not sure how they removed those. I guess some good wire cutters or something?