Criteria *you* Use When Bike Shopping?

mania

I changed the clip-ons for aftermarket bars that are an inch higher and a fraction closer to the rider. Makes a huge difference to comfort. I'm considering height adjustable rearsets next but I can't decide if that's a 'step too far'...

It's relatively inexpensive to make a supersport bike much more comfortable if that's what you want. And you get to keep the performance and handling.

I agree but if buying a brand new bike one might as well chose the correct bike in the first place. Then again I suppose the thread doesn't say "new"!

I'll have to sit on my bike and see how much difference 1 3/4" makes.

I've got the correct bike, but the bars were a bit too low smile.png

I'm not going to switch to a different style bike to fix something that's so easily fixed for a few thousand baht. No bike is going to fit like a glove straight off the showroom floor and it's nice to tailor the ergonomics to your requirements especially when the cost of doing so is so low in comparison to the bike itself.

For example, I had the seat reshaped as well - it sloped forwards too much and pushed me into the tank resulting in my balls getting fried on a hot day sad.png I had it leveled out a bit for 300 baht. Much better now.

Re. the bars - I can highly recommend it, it's amazing the difference it makes thumbsup.gif

Sadly I have under the triple clamp clip-ons so as far as I can ascertain I need the top of the line risers.sad.png

I changed the clip-ons for aftermarket bars that are an inch higher and a fraction closer to the rider. Makes a huge difference to comfort. I'm considering height adjustable rearsets next but I can't decide if that's a 'step too far'... It's relatively inexpensive to make a supersport bike much more comfortable if that's what you want. And you get to keep the performance and handling.

I agree but if buying a brand new bike one might as well chose the correct bike in the first place. Then again I suppose the thread doesn't say "new"!I'll have to sit on my bike and see how much difference 1 3/4" makes.
It makes a huge difference with bars and if you change seat height.

my bike should be:

- lean

- powerful and fast

- have good fuel autonomy and a good range

- be able to store 2 helmets under the seat

currently, I drive Nouvo LC elegance

if you elimate powerful and fast should have no problems with that criteria.

my bike should be:

- lean

- powerful and fast

- have good fuel autonomy and a good range

- be able to store 2 helmets under the seat

currently, I drive Nouvo LC elegance

if you elimate powerful and fast should have no problems with that criteria.
I could indeed do with some more HP, but at 120 Kmh consider the nouvo fast enough. Edited by manarak

I changed the clip-ons for aftermarket bars that are an inch higher and a fraction closer to the rider. Makes a huge difference to comfort. I'm considering height adjustable rearsets next but I can't decide if that's a 'step too far'...

It's relatively inexpensive to make a supersport bike much more comfortable if that's what you want. And you get to keep the performance and handling.

I agree but if buying a brand new bike one might as well chose the correct bike in the first place. Then again I suppose the thread doesn't say "new"!

I'll have to sit on my bike and see how much difference 1 3/4" makes.

I've got the correct bike, but the bars were a bit too low smile.png

I'm not going to switch to a different style bike to fix something that's so easily fixed for a few thousand baht. No bike is going to fit like a glove straight off the showroom floor and it's nice to tailor the ergonomics to your requirements especially when the cost of doing so is so low in comparison to the bike itself.

For example, I had the seat reshaped as well - it sloped forwards too much and pushed me into the tank resulting in my balls getting fried on a hot day sad.png I had it leveled out a bit for 300 baht. Much better now.

Re. the bars - I can highly recommend it, it's amazing the difference it makes thumbsup.gif

Ya Jonny whats up with that My Er6n same problem with the seat. Nothing like getting your nards smashed when your girl is always sliding forward. Or cooked on the tank. I had my seat redone as well.Much more comfortable to not be riding on the tank!