Prime Minister Yingluck, Cabinet To Face Probe Over Bt2-Tn Loan Bill

webfact

PM, Cabinet to face probe over Bt2-tn loan bill
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her Cabinet are facing investigation on alleged abuse of power in relation to the Bt2-trillion loan bill.

Former drafters of the Constitution yesterday called on the National Anti-Corruption Commission to try Yingluck and her ministers in the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders.

In their petition, the former charter drafters, including Manit Suksomchit, said the government had intentionally violated the Constitution's Article 169, which stipulates that all government spending be included in the budget bill.

In other words, the government can only implement plans according to budgetary regulations, but this Bt2-trillion loan bill has been designed as an off-budget expenditure.

The NACC has been as asked to seek a court injunction to block the enactment of the bill pending completion of the judicial review.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-04

Guess that is why Thailand is getting the backup PM ready in the bullpen in Chang Mai. Seems the current one is walking a tight rope on several fronts

What are the odds on her lasting her full term?

Hang on while a Skype a bloke in Dubai to find out.

Guess that is why Thailand is getting the backup PM ready in the bullpen in Chang Mai. Seems the current one is walking a tight rope on several fronts

Agree, but I wonder if there is a second agenda; YS (and the hangers on) have made zero progress at gettting TS back into Thailand and my guess (repeat guess) is that he's getting impatient, and wants to change the PM to someone who is not afraid to tackle whoever / whatever to complete the job, tomorrow.

• Like 1

To my thinking, what's the point of a budget if the cabinet can use executive powers and ram through a bill with unlimited spending cap, unscrutinised. Surely there has to be some limit to this.

To my thinking, what's the point of a budget if the cabinet can use executive powers and ram through a bill with unlimited spending cap, unscrutinised. Surely there has to be some limit to this.

Especially when the 2013 budget is already at 2.4 trillion baht.... without the 2 trillion loan.

• Like 1

But the sour faced sister has to actually win yet..

• Like 1

Agree, but I wonder if there is a second agenda; YS (and the hangers on) have made zero progress at gettting TS back into Thailand and my guess (repeat guess) is that he's getting impatient, and wants to change the PM to someone who is not afraid to tackle whoever / whatever to complete the job, tomorrow.

thumbsup.gif

Her daughter won the MP election, then her personal aide won the same MP seat.... both by comfortable margins.

Hard to belief the mother and the boss won't win the same seat as her daughter and her employee did.

• Like 1

question of money, only

question of money, only

and there's not many in Chiang Mai more rich than Billionairess Yaowapha

Her daughter won the MP election, then her personal aide won the same MP seat.... both by comfortable margins.

Hard to belief the mother and the boss won't win the same seat as her daughter and her employee did.

That was then. This is now. Be positive. The force is with us :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

That was then. This is now. Be positive. The force is with us biggrin.png

laugh.png

Hard to have faith in Chiang Mai's Constituency # 3 that elected her chauffeur to be MP.