Where? Stripping & Selling All Asset In Home

epicstuff

I'm involved in some unpleasentness with my landlord , and it might come to it that I will have to walk away from the house that I've built. However I am determinded to get what I can from it and not lieave the sneaky old c***t anything. so If I cant resolve our differences, I shall have to find someone who can come in and strip my house bare . rip out all the electrical wiring , lighting, metal, fuse box, ceiling fans, furniture, door windows, anything I can get a few Baht for. It will be difficult for me to sell off everything individually . as it may be very last minute...

Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction of someone that can do this for me?

From your post it sounds like you built a house on leased land. If the house is yours sell what you can then demolish it.

How long was the lease when you built it?

Edited by maprao

From your post it sounds like you built a house on leased land. If the house is yours sell what you can then demolish it.

How long was the lease when you built it?

Far from my knowledge, but I just heard about a bit similar case (bar on leased land). Even if the person who rent the land and build the structures, he or she is not allowed to demolish the buildings.

Maybe someone will have better knowledge, but before you get some legal advice, it might not be the best idea to place the dynamites.

OP, be careful. Are you legally registered as being the owner of the house? If not, taking out stuff like doors and wiring might be illegal.

Edit: as pointed out by the poster above, seek legal advice.

Edited by keestha

I’m assuming you are planning on moving the furniture, TV, etc. Leave it at that, you won’t get sh*t for the other stuff. Better to leave her a home she thinks is habitable. A few strategically cut electrical wires, a couple bags of quick-set concrete down the pipes, and a few fish in the rafters. The final touch should be done at night. Leave 6-8 whole chickens inside the home, leave the doors open, and walk away. The soi dogs will have the party of a lifetime.

• Like 2

I’m assuming you are planning on moving the furniture, TV, etc. Leave it at that, you won’t get sh*t for the other stuff. Better to leave her a home she thinks is habitable. A few strategically cut electrical wires, a couple bags of quick-set concrete down the pipes, and a few fish in the rafters. The final touch should be done at night. Leave 6-8 whole chickens inside the home, leave the doors open, and walk away. The soi dogs will have the party of a lifetime.

I'm not saying that this would be good thing to do.. just saying that we have finally located you, Mr Blofeld.

If you lease a place and leave you have to leave all fixtures and fitting, even if you payed for them. If you damage or remove anything you could have a very big problem. Check it out before you burn your bridges and end up in a Thai jail accused of damaging privet property and theft.

So your landlords your wife I assume?

Here's a good kitchen tip. Make sure you never ever leave the gas stove on ok. It starts fires.

If your wife is your landlord and you built it with your money I think you are legally able to demolish it.

You build a house and you have a landlord?

well its stightley more complicated that that , for ease of the message it was simpler to say that . but in essence I have a building which is nothing to do with my land lord . I have long lease but land lord is making many problems because the land has gone up so much and he has someone who want to buy however he cant and he refuses to offer anything in compensation, so he is making life difficult.

well its stightley more complicated that that , for ease of the message it was simpler to say that . but in essence I have a building which is nothing to do with my land lord . I have long lease but land lord is making many problems because the land has gone up so much and he has someone who want to buy however he cant and he refuses to offer anything in compensation, so he is making life difficult.

I'm sorry, I still don't get it.

You have (so own?) a building but it is build on land you're leasing long term?

there is nothing in contract about leaving property . I pay land rent only but the place was refurbished only a year or so ago so many aliminum windows internal doors etc. I'm sure theres 100K worth of scrap if it were gutted .its a predominantly wood structure so no insurance but it might catch lite very easy in this hot weather.... Ive alway been worried about that...

but I would like a little cash back over satifaction.

there is nothing in contract about leaving property . I pay land rent only but the place was refurbished only a year or so ago so many aliminum windows internal doors etc. I'm sure theres 100K worth of scrap if it were gutted .its a predominantly wood structure so no insurance but it might catch lite very easy in this hot weather.... Ive alway been worried about that...

but I would like a little cash back over satifaction.

Take into account that if it catches fire you're the one responsible. Not like in the west where the landlord is responsible for the structure, here it is the renter.

So the guy who owns the land on your long term lease wants to sell the property and he can't due to you having the lease correct? He's being a d*** and making life unreasonable for you if I understand. If your lease is registered and legal, you're in great bargaining position to call the shots on where this goes from here. Give him a number to get his property back and in the meantime, watch your back.

a friend of mine had same problem some years back,he built a house and then the problems began,he started to demolish and was arrested. the landowner not only got his land back,but my mate had to pay for the damage to the house,which,when all the dust settled,was knocked down. you are in a bad situation,and the police will be of no help. think carefully what you do and seek legal advice..

a friend of mine had same problem some years back,he built a house and then the problems began,he started to demolish and was arrested. the landowner not only got his land back,but my mate had to pay for the damage to the house,which,when all the dust settled,was knocked down. you are in a bad situation,and the police will be of no help. think carefully what you do and seek legal advice..

where roughly are you. located i mean.

Same same, i'm confused, if you show the same confusing with the so called land lord, no wonder he wants rid of you, sounds as though your a "i know better then everyone else person" but in fact always has there information wrong or has totally no idea on the situation, i come across these people all the time and give them a wide birth. i think you've built a property on least land but don't have the relevant or correct paper work, now the land owner wants his land back your bitching because you didn't dot the eyes and cross the tee's. but i could be wrong and your dealing with a total C**t as you say, burn it down, raise it to the ground, or wait, no it was a crazy idea to sell the property, if everything is legal why cant you????coffee1.gif i'm not holding my breath for a logical answer off the OP whistling.gif

So the guy who owns the land on your long term lease wants to sell the property and he can't due to you having the lease correct? He's being a d*** and making life unreasonable for you if I understand. If your lease is registered and legal, you're in great bargaining position to call the shots on where this goes from here. Give him a number to get his property back and in the meantime, watch your back.

you've hit the nail on the head . . My lease is good and he can do nothing; he only wants a chunk of my land but I was planning to develop that bit further. however he doesnt want to pay anything, which would be the reasonable thing( negotiate). trouble is I still have to keep paying yearly rent , If I cant forfill my plans what would be the point . I am legally solid but I don't want to have to take any court action either if he hiders me. My lawyer thinks he could make too many problems and i should walk away but If I walk away I loose the money I paid for the lease, the rent todate. and any refurbs I've done over the years. And he gets the additional prize of my hard work and investment.

Same same, i'm confused, if you show the same confusing with the so called land lord, no wonder he wants rid of you, sounds as though your a "i know better then everyone else person" but in fact always has there information wrong or has totally no idea on the situation, i come across these people all the time and give them a wide birth. i think you've built a property on least land but don't have the relevant or correct paper work, now the land owner wants his land back your bitching because you didn't dot the eyes and cross the tee's. but i could be wrong and your dealing with a total C**t as you say, burn it down, raise it to the ground, or wait, no it was a crazy idea to sell the property, if everything is legal why cant you????coffee1.gif i'm not holding my breath for a logical answer off the OP whistling.gif

wooooo! whos the bitchy <deleted> . what make you come to any of those conclusions. I wont waste my breath . I started this thread purely to try find a number for a scap dealler who would come and re claim anything of value, as a possible eventuality, just keeping my options open. not to get opinionated crap from someone who doesnt even know what the full story is . That would be none of your business anyway. there always one!!!!

• Like 2

you've hit the nail on the head . . My lease is good and he can do nothing; he only wants a chunk of my land but I was planning to develop that bit further. however he doesnt want to pay anything, which would be the reasonable thing( negotiate). trouble is I still have to keep paying yearly rent , If I cant forfill my plans what would be the point . I am legally solid but I don't want to have to take any court action either if he hiders me. My lawyer thinks he could make too many problems and i should walk away but If I walk away I loose the money I paid for the lease, the rent todate. and any refurbs I've done over the years. And he gets the additional prize of my hard work and investment.

I'm also confused.

"My lease is good and he can do nothing." - This is what you say.

"My lawyer thinks he could make too many problems and I should walk away." - This is what the lawyer says.

Which one is it???? Are you in a strong legal position, or not????

Sorry for that little rant thats what I love about this forum at times so many opinions based of so little fact. but if it make them feel better I suppose it causes no harm... anyway as I said back to topic. I am fully aware of what I can and cant do its just a matter of conveinience and whether I want to fight petty problems or cash out. if I cash out I am looking at my options. however I might just be stubborn and carry on as planned . as someone said I just have to watch my back .. so for the record if anything happens to me in the next few months Its my landlord!!!!

I'm also confused.

"My lawyer thinks he could make too many problems and I should walk away." - This is what the lawyer says.

have you ever lived in Thailand? have you had to do anything through the courts? have you ever experienced locals making problems for the sake of it because the've lost face . legally solid has nothing to do with it.. I AM LEGALY SOLID... but still I might have issues with unnessassery crap I will have to deal with if I make hime loose face. which I have already done big time.

I'm also confused.

have you ever lived in Thailand? have you had to do anything through the courts? have you ever experienced locals making problems for the sake of it because the've lost face . legally solid has nothing to do with it.. I AM LEGALY SOLID... but still I might have issues with unnessassery crap I will have to deal with if I make hime loose face. which I have already done big time.

Yes, I live here, on Phuket. No, I have never been through the Thai Court system. Unlike yourself, I would never get involved with property in this country. I've posted to this effect on many occasions. Your situation is only one example why I have not, and will not, "buy" property here, and I use the term "buy" very losely. I'm not criticizing you for building/leasing etc - each to their own, but you are now experiencing the some of the reasons why I have chosen not to.

Edited by NamKangMan