3-Year-Old Thai Girl Still In I C U After Left Unattended All Day In Parked School Van

webfact

This happened in Oman last year; sadly the 4 year old died. Even now I still think what pain the child must have gone through let alone the parents. Schools charge enough to cover the cost for a person to check who get on and who gets off relaying on a bus driver does not work, as it seems beyond their capacity.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the school bus turn up once without my kids aboard - they had been left behind. He said he thought they had got a lift - even though in such an event they would have had to contact him (he is also a teacher's husband/assistant and stays in school all day). I was In panic as it takes a good two hours to get home from the school. In the end a parent turned up at my door with them, while I was just jumping into the car. She had seen them wandering around the car park. In turned out they had been early for the van (no one was there), walked to the other side of the car park to buy a drink and when they returned it had gone. Driver had my phone number but never called to check, just drove off and left them in the city. Bear in mind he took them in the morning, picking them up from my home.

Edited by wolf5370

Who ever you blame, skin them and salt them down but later...... for now has anyone got, seen or heard an update on the little one????

Nothing I have seen in the media as way of update. If there is no blood and guts splattered all over a room, then the interest dies and becomes a bump under the rug....... as normal......

But for now the little one,,,,,, any updates on her condition?

Who ever you blame, skin them and salt them down but later...... for now has anyone got, seen or heard an update on the little one????

Nothing I have seen in the media as way of update. If there is no blood and guts splattered all over a room, then the interest dies and becomes a bump under the rug....... as normal......

i would also love to hear she is ok.
  • Like 1

Any news this morning ????/

UPDATE:
Teachers accused of leaving child locked in school van

SUTHINAN KHONGSIN
THE NATION

30203640-01_big.JPG

SAMUT PRAKAN: -- A school owner and local residents claimed yesterday that teachers at a school in Samut Prakan had left a three-year-old pupil in the school's van, causing her brain to swell.

The accusations were made by Anong Khiriwong, 77, the school's owner, and Yuwares Khiriwong, 42, a director. They took teachers Daorong Srisumang, 37, and Santiphap Wanjai of Anuban Anong Wet School to Bang Pu police station.

Police accused Daorong, who allegedly left the student in the van, and Santiphap, the van's driver, of recklessness causing others to suffer severe injury.

Manassanan Thongphoo, who was left inside the locked vehicle until the end of the school day last Wednesday, remains in intensive care at Bangkok Hospital.

Anong and Yuwares met the child's mother, Rattana Nakhonsopa, and apologised to her.

The Thongphoo family asked police to manage an agreement signed by both sides that the school would be responsible for the costs of Manassanan's treatment until she fully recovers.

The school has paid hundreds of thousands of baht for her treatment.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-09

i warned about these school vans last year,general topics"how safe is your child" getting picked up at 7am and not getting home till after 5pm that is 10hrs out of your home.i warned about the kids standing up in the front of the van with no restraint 4-5 at a time,i have shouted at the drivers to slow down but they dont care,its the thai way let it happen first.i just pray this poor child pulls through and the perpetrators are given the sentence they deserve.

Is this possible? A driver taking children to school leaves a child in the vehicle all day and the school does not notice the absence of a student and question it knowing she is transported to the school by their own people? Thoughts and wishes are with you little one. The driver and the school both need to be brought up on culpable negligence charges.

Thais have no concept or vocab of negligence. When my wife went to study in the US and taking law class, she could hardly understand the meaning of culpable negligence.

The local culture only think in terms of "accident" and fate, where no one is to to be held accountable.

The 3-year-old remains in a coma at hospital, after the lack of oxygen while inside the van caused her brain to swell, which in turn pressed on the cerebral nerves.

NNT - April 9, 2013

http://61.19.244.31/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSOC5604090010001

Is this possible? A driver taking children to school leaves a child in the vehicle all day and the school does not notice the absence of a student and question it knowing she is transported to the school by their own people? Thoughts and wishes are with you little one. The driver and the school both need to be brought up on culpable negligence charges.

Thais have no concept or vocab of negligence. When my wife went to study in the US and taking law class, she could hardly understand the meaning of culpable negligence.

The local culture only think in terms of "accident" and fate, where no one is to to be held accountable.

That's it in a nutshell. The thinking is along the lines of, you have one day to be born and one day to die and both are out of your control.

Things like wearing helmets on motorbikes or seatbelts in cars are redundant thinking as you can not influence the outcome. Truly primitive.

The 3-year-old remains in a coma at hospital, after the lack of oxygen while inside the van caused her brain to swell, which in turn pressed on the cerebral nerves.

NNT - April 9, 2013

http://61.19.244.31/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSOC5604090010001

Since when are school vans airtight. Who writes this rubbish.

i warned about these school vans last year,general topics"how safe is your child" getting picked up at 7am and not getting home till after 5pm that is 10hrs out of your home.i warned about the kids standing up in the front of the van with no restraint 4-5 at a time,i have shouted at the drivers to slow down but they dont care,its the thai way let it happen first.i just pray this poor child pulls through and the perpetrators are given the sentence they deserve.

If it's anything like here, the drivers are under a lot of pressure from the schools, to ensure they get the kids there in good time.

True. Up to Buddha is an amusing concept for farangs here, until they are on the receiving end of it. There must be some sort of reasonable middle ground between the lawsuit controlled nanny states of the west, and the mayhem here of virtually no liability...

Agree, and let's hope that paying the hospital bill and/or some other form of monetary compensationwill not mean that charges will be dropped. And from what's been reported it seems that the school owners are also culpable for not having some proper procedure to check such things and not monitoring that the procedure is followed on every bus trip .

All school bus drivers should have a special license to transport children. Number one to be able to drive and secondly to ensure an IQ above 60.

No bus drivers in Thailand is what you are saying . . . actually, no drivers in Thailand

• Like 1

IN: "1,2,3,4.....15!"

OUT: "1,2,3,4...14! One is missing!"

Is even that asked too much of this "mai pen rai"- country?

Yes, that's too much! Have you never seen people using a calculator to add 10 Baht and 5 Baht?

Daily!! & Still getting it wrong!!

Smile & avoid eye contact if its in their favour, Scream abuse and lies (or blame the calculator or the non-existent language barrier) when its not in their favour..

get them all on the canal boats more often, it'll do them some good.

lets face it, how have they made it this far?

Dreadful news.

I make that manslaughter!

There should be a thorough investigation, including right up to the top. What is the 78 year old school director doing taking the teachers concerned to the police station anyway? Is that in a bid to somehow show they she is not to blame in anyway. Just what where the laid down procedures by the school that these teachers were supposed to follow? I think more than two people have some very young innocent blood on their hands here.

It's impossible to say that I wish the parents can find peace, as with children of a similar age I know that the effects would be totally utterly devastating if our family were in this awful situation. God bless the little one and God help the family.

Dreadful news.

I make that manslaughter!

There should be a thorough investigation, including right up to the top. What is the 78 year old school director doing taking the teachers concerned to the police station anyway? Is that in a bid to somehow show they she is not to blame in anyway. Just what where the laid down procedures by the school that these teachers were supposed to follow? I think more than two people have some very young innocent blood on their hands here.

It's impossible to say that I wish the parents can find peace, as with children of a similar age I know that the effects would be totally utterly devastating if our family were in this awful situation. God bless the little one and God help the family.

Totally agree on all points:

- The owner cannot say 'they did it (her staff)', and expect to walk away, she is just as responsible for not having or not enforcing some rules about care of the children.

- Nothing can relief the parents of their grief, nothing. One can only hope they can gradually find some form of peace.

- RIP to the little darling.