American Publisher Found Dead In His South Pattaya Apartment

Rimmer

First of all RIP Tim

Second, check all the sherlocks on here! So what if he dabbled in a bit of Charlie Chalk, he was in the music business for crying out loud.

Thirdly, CC does not make you feel like taking a knife and killing yourself (so I've been told whistling.gif )

and lastly..... THIS GUY ROCKED, he had a great life! AGAIN RIP TIM.............

• Like 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drugs. Good riddance.

No users = no pushers = no drug problems

You think everybody that uses drugs should be murdered? Am I clear on that?

Just wanted to confirm that I read your post correctly.

You must not like music, literature, film, or most of the creative arts then--being that many of the top writers, musicians, etc, dabble in drugs.

Then again, instead of killing users, maybe just le-gal-ize it? Hmmmm. Now that's a thought.

No illegal drugs=no gangsters=little to no drug related crime. I like my math better.

Where did the poster say "... everybody that uses drugs should be murdered".

If you want to engage / other to engage in discussion, quote correctly!

And by the way, you have your opinion about " ..., maybe just le-gal-ize it?" ..... . And your entitled to your opinion. Personally I don't agree with you and I certainly hope we never go in that direction, just my opinion, which I am entitled to.

As we all know that alcohol causes many more deaths and social problems than illicit drugs, I hope that the "no users = no pushers = no drugs" poster also wants to see breweries closed and prohibition re-introduced. Jail for anyone caught with a can of Chang hidden in their luggage. Anyone with a bottle of Scotch is into heavy gear, and should be subject to the death penalty.

• Like 1

.... and pleasures......Work it out....sad.png

Add (from the photos of his apartment) ' lived like a pig '.

Agree, what reason is there that this guy should get any special attention.

I don't know about "special attention" but a but of common courtesy would help. It seems possible to me that his killers may have trashed his house (looking for money maybe?); so I would reserve judegement on "lives like a pig" and all the rest of it as well.

AnnaZed

The moderators on this forum are pretty attentive to these kind of stories, as they tend to bring out the worst in a particular sub-set of users. These are people with little or no compassion for their fellow-man, and no appreciation of the distress their idiotic assumptions and characterizations will cause to friends and family looking for information.

As usual, most decent people have nothing more to add than condolences. You have mine.

• Like 1

I don't think this man was any more important or unimportant than anyone else that has lost his life under strange circumstances.

However - I think the drugs present and the people attracted to them along with the people that sell/deal them put you in with a shady/dangerous crowd that more than likely will lead to something like this taking place.

Today we seem to recognize the media inspired heros for their work. If we look around us there's a lot more common heros to be seen.

He seems to have had some success in finding the talent of others but somehow he lost sight of himself along the way.

Putting the white powder into yourself at that age is foolish beyond belief. Ala Bobby Hatfield (who was a true talent and legend) and also learned the hard way. The music industry is harsh on both the performers and the fringe people around them.

I don't think this man was any more important or unimportant than anyone else that has lost his life under strange circumstances.

I think that's a naive assertion.

That said, I reckon Mr. Carr was probably not important/famous "enough" to get much special attention on his death investigation; translation of "special" being a competent investigation by international standards.

Now of course in the an ideal world all crime victims should get the same good treatment, but that's not the reality. No point in acting like life is "fair" here or anywhere really.

Edited by Jingthing

Is it a coincidence or crime against farang increased tenfold after russians come here?

You got somebody to kill? Call 1-800-RUSMAFIA to kill while they are in Thailand, (and other countries Russian Mafia has operatives).

I did not know the man personally, but as an American of some stature I would speculate to say that his contact with the Russian Mafia may have been minimal.

Yes, crime does seem to have increased against people with white skin color since the increase, but I have seen no statistics to back this up. Any statistics would be quickly challenged among those that understand how the Thai policing system works - most here are fairly familiar with the basic workings.

Thais coincidentally have trouble telling us apart from the Russians, I was last time asked if I was sent by someone with a Russian name, when I went into one of the clubs. I told them I wasn't and that I was there to observe and I was given free beers anyhow. Strange world that Pattaya place, but a good way to get away from the seriousness of the big smoke down the road in Bangkok.

I would say this death which appears to be on the verge of being considered a suicide through self inflicted wounds whilst under the influence of narcotics may have a little more attention than the average death placed on it by the US Embassy - it is famous for looking after its' figures of importance and rightly so IMO -many embassies do not do enough for their nationals overseas anymore.

You are assuming the US Embassy cares. sad.png

Important for what?

Connection to some big names in the music world both in the USA and in Thailand. That you (who are you?) haven't heard any of these names before is neither here nor there.

I bet you the American ambassador to Thailand has heard of BOTH the Beastie Boys and Sek Loso. coffee1.gif

If I were to guess about Black Pudding B, I would say he/she is from the UK, so your speculation of him being American is probably incorrect.

Important for what?

Connection to some big names in the music world both in the USA and in Thailand. That you (who are you?) haven't heard any of these names before is neither here nor there.

I bet you the American ambassador to Thailand has heard of BOTH the Beastie Boys and Sek Loso. coffee1.gif

If I were to guess about Black Pudding B, I would say he/she is from the UK, so your speculation of him being American is probably incorrect.

I made no such speculation.

Important for what?

I made no such speculation.

After re-reading your post, you are correct.

Drugs. Good riddance.

You must not like music, literature, film, or most of the creative arts then--being that many of the top writers, musicians, etc, dabble in drugs.

Then again, instead of killing users, maybe just le-gal-ize it? Hmmmm. Now that's a thought.

No illegal drugs=no gangsters=little to no drug related crime. I like my math better.

And by the way, you have your opinion about " ..., maybe just le-gal-ize it?" ..... . And your entitled to your opinion. Personally I don't agree with you and I certainly hope we never go in that direction, just my opinion, which I am entitled to.

It's called "Inferring" The OP said No users=No pushers=no problems...in a case involving murder. yah, I think that's what he was inferring.

Drugs. Good riddance.

You've got that the wrong way around.

The problem starts with the pushers. To keep the business profitable you need draconian drug laws which make the drug scarce and expensive. More profit = more pushers = more users.

Nope.

No demand means no supply and demand is in the behest of the individual.

People with mush for brains and no will power to resist temptation should not be dictating the rules.

No-one makes people take drugs, they do it from free personal choice.

Execute all who push or use and at worst, the population will improve as a result.

RIP to this fellow but just how much did he contribute to his own demise ?

Yes lets kill all those who enjoy a beer or glass of wine whilst we are at it....what faith are you to have these strong views? You are a real crack pot...

Well i don't know what faith he is, but it is interesting that he is a supporter of Sharia Law!

I think that's a naive assertion.

That said, I reckon Mr. Carr was probably not important/famous "enough" to get much special attention on his death investigation; translation of "special" being a competent investigation by international standards.

Now of course in the an ideal world all crime victims should get the same good treatment, but that's not the reality. No point in acting like life is "fair" here or anywhere really.

pgrahmm made a good point.

If his life work was not related to the music industry, he would have the same treatment as any average drug-addict who's found dead in his condo.

Just image the speculations and/or quantity of condolences if he was named 'Igor'...with white powder on his hands...

Edited by Thorgal

Is the knife that caused the slash accross the chest missing? Unfortunately, those reports are deliberately dubious and trying to distract, here with the drug angle. Politics to not make the Thais look bad.

Quite a lot of ladyboys and gays, and some girls carry carpet cutters, they're not considered weapons. Cause this sort of injuries. Most likely not deadly, there is no major blood vessel on the chest. So he died from something else.

Interesting he has a poster of the band Biohazard on the wall, and 'large amounts of prescription medicine' were found. He might have been a sarcastic guy.

Drugs. Good riddance.

It's called "Inferring" The OP said No users=No pushers=no problems...in a case involving murder. yah, I think that's what he was inferring.

He actually stated it in an earlier post # 49:

SGD said, quote: "Execute all who push or use and at worst, the population will improve as a result."

• Like 1

Is the knife that caused the slash accross the chest missing? Unfortunately, those reports are deliberately dubious and trying to distract, here with the drug angle. Politics to not make the Thais look bad.

Quite a lot of ladyboys and gays, and some girls carry carpet cutters, they're not considered weapons. Cause this sort of injuries. Most likely not deadly, there is no major blood vessel on the chest. So he died from something else.

Interesting he has a poster of the band Biohazard on the wall, and 'large amounts of prescription medicine' were found. He might have been a sarcastic guy.

Single stab wound has been reported. And that's enough to reach any part of hart or cardiovascular system.

http://www.innerbody.com/anatomy/cardiovascular/upper-torso

In case of multiple stab wounds you have a more angry, read personal killer.

Important is to know which mistakes the killer made :

- did he clean his weapon and/or himself

- did he moved the body

- did he took something to cover the weapon to carry outside

- did he walked in the blood

Interesting how many people who get hot under the collar when the Thai legal system appears to treat people differently based on their social ranking now expect that the death of this person (of minimal celebrity) deserves special police scrutiny.

Interesting how many people who get hot under the collar when the Thai legal system appears to treat people differently based on their social ranking now expect that the death of this person (of minimal celebrity) deserves special police scrutiny.

My position is not that the "more important" DESERVE better attention but rather that an important person with an international profile is more LIKELY to get that attention. I wouldn't blame people who care about this victim to try to push for that attention however they can, and the main tools here are paying money and/or being a case of international interest that might embarrass Thailand. However, like I said before, I doubt he will be seen as important "enough" by the local Thais to make any difference,

Edited by Jingthing

My position is not that the "more important" DESERVE better attention but rather that an important person with an international profile is more LIKELY to get that attention. I wouldn't blame people who care about this victim to try to push for that attention however they can, and the main tools here are paying money and/or being a case of international interest that might embarrass Thailand. However, like I said before, I doubt he will be seen as important "enough" by the local Thais to make any difference,

It's known that Thai jurisdiction is hard with his drug policy.

Possession of hard drugs in any circumstances means life time imprisonment.

I don't see why Thai authorities would make exceptions for the investigation or feel embarrassed if the victim's blood results are positive.

Same same if the same crime happened in a western country with an Asian celebrity.

There's no special immunity needed, even if you're the victim and the motive is still unknown.

His treatment should be the same as the one applied to the locals.

Edited by Thorgal

Single stab wound has been reported. And that's enough to reach any part of hart or cardiovascular system.

http://www.innerbody.com/anatomy/cardiovascular/upper-torso

In case of multiple stab wounds you have a more angry, read personal killer.

Important is to know which mistakes the killer made :

- did he clean his weapon and/or himself

- did he moved the body

- did he took something to cover the weapon to carry outside

- did he walked in the blood

What's the matter, text blindness? The OP says "A long knife wound across his chest was evident"

How ridiculous. There won't be any legal charges against a dead person! The issue here is the investigation of what certainly looks like a murder.

You cannot file criminal charges against a deceased person.

But you can always file civil claims against a deceased person's estate.

What makes you so sure of his clean records ?

How ridiculous. There won't be any legal charges against a dead person! The issue here is the investigation of what certainly looks like a murder.

You cannot file criminal charges against a deceased person.

But you can always file civil claims against a deceased person's estate.

What makes you so sure of his clean records ?

He isn't being charged with crimes even if he would be chargeable if alive. He is dead. The idea here is to find his murderer, yes? You're stretching it here talking about civil suits. NOT RELEVANT. Are the police going to press a suicide theory? Is there any chance this was suicide?

Edited by Jingthing

"

I don't see why Thai authorities would make exceptions for the investigation or feel embarrassed if the victim's blood results are positive.

Same same if the same crime happened in a western country with an Asian celebrity.

There's no special immunity needed, even if you're the victim and the motive is still unknown.

"Possession of hard drugs in any circumstances means life time imprisonment." Where on earth do you get that from?? Like everything else here is very dependant of the case,person and money under the table.

"

"Possession of hard drugs in any circumstances means life time imprisonment." Where on earth do you get that from?? Like everything else here is very dependant of the case,person and money under the table.

The two most important Acts for practical purposes are the Narcotics Act 2522 (1979) and the Psychotropic Substances Act 2518 (1975).

Up to life imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 – 5,000,000 Baht, or the death penalty, (depending upon the amount of the substance or substances found) for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal.

http://www.correct.go.th/eng/number_by_type_of_offences.html

No money under the table for category 1 drugs :

20 years minimum as average for possession.

40 years minimum as average for dealing.

That's a fairly motive to commit suicide or murder.

You can always define 20 years as not enough for lifetime...

Edited by Thorgal