Twin Bomb Explosions Shatter Boston Marathon Finish Line

SeaVisionBurma

I would caution everyone that this is real time data. Second hand, and third hand realtime data at that.

just catch the damn bastards.

PS, I did notice that Boston Police did not hesitate in engaging theses guys

The suspects would have fared better if the FBI had engaged them first.whistling.gif

Apparently not going down without a fight. The dead one had a bomb strapped to himself.
From the report of the damage to him, it appears he had a bomb. I dont know if he had it strapped to himself. It could have been a IED he had intended to toss and miss handled.

PS the Boston Police i don't think minds a shoot out. The FBI would have preferred a cleaner, more diplomatic solution. The BP just wants the guys that did this to their city and fellow citizens.

Again all this is speculation on my part on realtime data

Info coming from Boston police scanner. Take it for what its worth. Chatter was three injured officers earlier, one suspect shot and killed, had unexpded device strapped to his body. One report not from scanner says taken to hospital and pronounced dead there.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RT @ChannelNewsAsia:

BREAKING: Boston Marathon bombing suspects were from Russia, near Chechnya and lived in US for at least 1 year: AP sources

So not from the middle east like some credible expert on ethnic profiling concluded bases on their facial expression on pixaleted video stills?

I think one thing is save to say: that they are young and that exclude that some lonely old man with whatever background was the terrorist.

Yes. Again Russian nationals from a region well known for Islamic terrorism. Chechnyan terrorists in the USA. That sounds new to me.

Yup, also explains why RT first leaked this, to support their forever war with these Chechnyans.

Channelnewsasia is that Murdoch outlet based in Singapore, I believe. So, where does that leave Mike Mulugeta and Sunil Tripathi? It's a bit confusing. Who did the bombing last Monday?

The Russian connection is problematical. A lot of Americans feel we have always been at war with Russia and might not comprehend that these bozos have nothing to do with the Russian government. coffee1.gif Seriously, how many Americans on hearing these guys were Russians will think Russia has attacked the U.S.?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Channelnewsasia is that Murdoch outlet based in Singapore, I believe. So, where does that leave Mike Mulugeta and Sunil Tripathi? It's a bit confusing. Who did the bombing last Monday?

The Chechnyans. Forget the Indians.

Ok. Why was Mike Mulugeta shot dead, then?

The Chechnyans. Forget the Indians.

Ok. Why was Mike Mulugeta shot dead, then?

You mean the white Ethopian? Seriously, this stuff is nuts today. But exciting to listen on scanner, though of course deadly serious too, not to be misconstrued.

*this is quite a manhunt. I recommend everyone to listen in.

Edited by keemapoot

White hat is the missing Ivey League student from Brown Uni.

He is currently trapped and on foot.

The other suspect, unknown is dead.

Police appear to be waiting for sunlight to finish off white hat.

Turns out that it was nothing to do with Al Queda or international terrorism and was another home grown crazy maniac.

I bet this dude really really liked the TV show Homeland.

Where did you get this information? News this morning is reporting that both men are of middle eastern decent and have been in the US for a little over a year. They are also reporting that both men have a military background. Then only then they are not saying is where these two men are from.

The Russian connection is problematical. A lot of Americans feel we have always been at war with Russia and might not comprehend that these bozos have nothing to do with the Russian government. coffee1.gif Seriously, how many Americans on hearing these guys were Russians will think Russia has attacked the U.S.?

I think most Americans understand the difference between Chechnyans and Russians. But you are right, there is a significant number what would not.

If the Chechnyans thought they could get sympathy and publicity for their cause with this action, they are one out of 2. And may have seriously overplayed their hand.

If the suspects are indeed Chechnyans

I think most Americans understand the difference between Chechnyans and Russians. But you are right, there is a significant number what would not.

If the Chechnyans thought they could get sympathy and publicity for their cause with this action, they are one out of 2. And may have seriously overplayed their hand.

If the suspects are indeed Chechnyans

I reckon less than five percent of Americans have the foggiest idea about where/what Chechnya is. Sorry to have to diss my own people.

Edited by Jingthing

I found this:

The suspects are Chechen brothers with the last name Tsarnaev, law enforcement officials told NBC News. The suspect at large, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, is 19 and has a Massachusetts driver’s license, they said. Law enforcement officials told NBC News that both men are legal permanent residents of the United States, had been here about a year and had military experience.

In addition to killing the MIT campus Police Officer I think they may also have wounded an MBTA security officer, somewhere?

There is some amateur video of the shoot-out in Watertown which is a bit frightening.

I am from an adjacent (to Watertown) city, Newton, and still have family there so hope they catch this second suspect soon. I normally return for a visit this week - school vacation week - and watch the Marathon as it passes through Newton, but I went the week before this year.

Edited by lomatopo

I know Americans who know more about that Chechnya Russia conflict and think that Chechen are the good guys.

I know Americans who know more about that Chechnya Russia conflict and think that Chechen are the good guys.

That was always a propaganda card played by the American government against the Russian government. Any educated American knows better than that. Having said that, Russia has made many grave errors in the way they have handled Chechnya over the years.

• Like 1

Something found on another site... Looks like the guy on the run with the only difference is a different spelling of the first name.

http://vk.com/id160300242

Wife is Russian and was interpreting comments. Strange stuff. Sounds like the guy. She said that Chechnya "are not Russians, they are crazy Musslims into terrorism and drugs."

• Like 1

More like the lesser of two evils.

BOSTON (AP) — Key moments related to the search for the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, based on reports from the Middlesex County district attorney, Massachusetts State Police, and Boston police.

— At 5:10 p.m. Thursday, investigators of the bombings release photographs and video of two suspects. They ask for the public's help in identifying the men.

— Around 10:20 p.m., shots are fired on the campus of theMassachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, just outside Boston.

— At 10:30 p.m., an MIT campus police officer who was responding to a disturbance is found shot multiple times in his vehicle, apparently in a confrontation with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects. He is later pronounced dead.

Read more : http://news.yahoo.com/glance-search-boston-bomb-suspects-110724951.html

Edited by metisdead
Post edited as per fair use policy and link added.

We can only hope they capture the second brother and not just kill him on sight. It would be nice to know the motives behind their actions.

The younger brother's Facebook page reportedly has Nazi propoganda on it. Their motives are probably not worth much thought.

Now reports they have been in the USA for much longer than one year and that they were well assimilated. coffee1.gif

A crawler on CNN quotes the dead one as posting a message, "I don't have a single American friend. I don't understand them."

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

Now reports they have been in the USA for much longer than one year and that they were well assimilated. coffee1.gif

A crawler on CNN quotes the dead one as posting a message, "I don't have a single American friend. I don't understand them."

But apparently a good actor.

We can only hope they capture the second brother and not just kill him on sight. It would be nice to know the motives behind their actions.

probably like always: fight for freedom. that is their motivation and they truly believe in that.

but what they really do is killing innocent people, cowardly.

• Like 1