Requirements For Obtaining And Renewing A 2 Year Driving Licence

Rimmer

I have been today at Pattaya for extend my 1 year motorbike drivers licensem

They asked for passport original and copy, yellow Tabien Ban original and copy, blue Tabien Ban (of wife)original and copy and health certificate. It took approx. 60 minutes and I received the 5 years license.

They asked for passport original and copy, yellow Tabien Ban original and copy, blue Tabien Ban (of wife)original and copy and health certificate. It took approx. 60 minutes and I received the 5 years license.

Did u had all that?

What is yellow book for?

Blue is for house.

Im on ED visa. In dec i have to renew it.

Before i had letter from immigration.

Residency certyfikat. .

Should i take it or just take gf blue book...

Did u had all that?

What is yellow book for?

Blue is for house.

Im on ED visa. In dec i have to renew it.

Before i had letter from immigration.

Residency certyfikat. .

Should i take it or just take gf blue book...

You will need residency certificate from Immigration - gf's blue book does not prove your address.

My 1 year drivers license will expire in August but later this week I will be leaving to Australia for work for 3 months so only returning in September so should i renew beofre leaving or can i renew after I get back or will this be expired too long and will have to start all new?

Renew when you come back.

You can renew a temporary license 2 months before and up to 1 year after expiry, before having to take any additional tests. So you do have plenty of time to apply for your first 5 year license when getting back in September.

So without a long term visa right now I would be given a 5 year renewal if I go now to renew my 1 year?

My 1 year drivers license will expire in August but later this week I will be leaving to Australia for work for 3 months so only returning in September so should i renew beofre leaving or can i renew after I get back or will this be expired too long and will have to start all new?

You can renew a temporary license 2 months before and up to 1 year after expiry, before having to take any additional tests. So you do have plenty of time to apply for your first 5 year license when getting back in September.

So without a long term visa right now I would be given a 5 year renewal if I go now to renew my 1 year?

No. Not at Pattaya anyway if my experience over three years was anything to go by.......

No. Not at Pattaya anyway if my experience over three years was anything to go by.......

so i would only be able to extend with another 1 year license?

Yes

Yes

would i have to do test and all over again or not?

Yes

I have only ever had to do the colour, reaction and distance/depth perception (line up the stick) tests or whatever they are doing that day (last time no distance/depth perception) so unless you are particularly unlucky that is all they will probably ask you to do.

Yes

I have only ever had to do the colour, reaction and distance/depth perception (line up the stick) tests or whatever they are doing that day (last time no distance/depth perception) so unless you are particularly unlucky that is all they will probably ask you to do.

ok tx for all that. Now this is the situation. My dirvers license is expired in August while I was abroad for work so now I am back but for now only with re-entry stamp. On the 22nd I will be doing my run to Malaysia to get my long term visa in order and a work permit to stay here for good so should I renew now and just get the one year allready or batter wait till I get my long time and go for the 5 year extension than?

what you guys think?

ok tx for all that. Now this is the situation. My dirvers license is expired in August while I was abroad for work so now I am back but for now only with re-entry stamp. On the 22nd I will be doing my run to Malaysia to get my long term visa in order and a work permit to stay here for good so should I renew now and just get the one year allready or batter wait till I get my long time and go for the 5 year extension than?

what you guys think?

If you are talking 22nd September so next week then personally I would wait.

• 1 month later...

What are the requirements for a new drivers license in Pattaya now?

I have a blue book so do I need a certificate of residency?

Can I get a license when I am coming on tourist visa's? I work 4-5 weeks and come to stay 4-5 weeks and have never had a problem upon arrival.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

PATTAYA: I just renewd my 1 year to a 5 year this is what i did.

1. Make copy of

1 year driverlicense

Passport inkl arrivel slip

Copy Resident papper from migration

Copy of my Visa

Copy of helth papper from a clinic

2.Sign all the papper.

3. Go up to the second floor at the landoffice and gave them all my papper and my passport and my 1 year driverlicense

4. Get a number and whait to make a color test and deep test .

5. Go and pay

6. get a new nr and whait to take a picture and get my new license. .

The only thing importent is that you need to have any kind of NON- VISA you will not get a 5 year on a turist visa if you are on turist visa you will get 1 year again..

I renew 2 driverlicense 1 for car and 1 for motorbike and becouse of that i need to make double copy (2) of everything..

Price 900 somthing bath

It took me around 1.5 houer to be done..

• Like 2

Hi all,

I live and work in Burma but go to Thailand every 70 days for a few days and have been doing this for the last god knows how long,So its about time i got a bike licence.

The next time i go will be 27th December can anyone give me some bullet points as in what i need and where i need to go. O i will be stopping in Pattaya and i don't have a bike licence with me but have a UK car licence.

Thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have renewed my Thai driving licence in Samui, this morning Tuesday December 16, it will expire in november 2020 !

So it is more than five years almost 6.

By the way yesterday immigration gave me my residency letter in exchange of... nothing :-)

They asked my lease, since I came empty handed I smiled and said, may me, tiijuu muankan, second big smile, she said okay and thats it!

Not 300 Baht but 500, no copy of passport at all , of course the passport itself and one photo only not 2.

I have renewed my Thai driving licence in Samui, this morning Tuesday December 16, it will expire in november 2020 !

So it is more than five years almost 6.

By the way yesterday immigration gave me my residency letter in exchange of... nothing :-)

They asked my lease, since I came empty handed I smiled and said, may me, tiijuu muankan, second big smile, she said okay and thats it!

Not 300 Baht but 500, no copy of passport at all , of course the passport itself and one photo only not 2.

thanks - a Samui experience posted in the Pattaya forum...........very relevant facepalm.gif

The point about the renewal date is that it is 5 years to your next birthday so if you renew at least one day after you get nearly 6 years - and this has been mentioned countless times before as well whistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One question: What do I need at immigration to get the Residency Letter from them

Copy of your lease agreement, 2 passport size photos, copies of your passport signature page, visa, entrance stamp and exit paperwork. 300B

Where is the land office in Pattaya? Can I use a letter of residence from Sri Ratcha immigration?

As far as I understand. To get a one year Thai license I need the following.

1. Passport copies of main page, visa page, and dep card.

2. International license (copy of photo page)

3. Letter of residence.

4. Photos?

5. Medical certificate.

Anything else? Thank you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One question: What do I need at immigration to get the Residency Letter from them

Copy of your lease agreement, 2 passport size photos, copies of your passport signature page, visa, entrance stamp and exit paperwork. 300B

Where is the land office in Pattaya? Can I use a letter of residence from Sri Ratcha immigration?

As far as I understand. To get a one year Thai license I need the following.

1. Passport copies of main page, visa page, and dep card.

2. International license (copy of photo page)

3. Letter of residence.

4. Photos?

5. Medical certificate.

Anything else? Thank you.

You want the land office or the DLT centre? I am guessing the latter which is next door to Regents School - up the 36 just before the junction with Highway 7

Not sure about the letter of Residence - you could ring up and ask?

And copy of entry stamp page

No to pictures as they do that there.

Is an IDP required with an Australian licence?... or would I need to start from scratch if I don't have it?

You would need to start from scratch as far as the rules are written. (different day different rules lol)

LOL. So what would you recommend as the better choice? Start from scratch or send away (to Australia) for an IDP which would cost about $39 AUD. I checked the AA site and they require some sort of travel itinerary (seriously, who gets travel itineraries from travel agents these days?). Who knows how strict they are on this? (I don't have a return ticket).

As long as your licence is in English has a photo and is for the catagory of vehicle you want to drive ( car,bike or both )

then you will only have to do the reaction,color and periferal vison tests.

As far as I know they don't require an IDP ( international driving permit ) at all.

As long as your licence is in English has a photo and is for the catagory of vehicle you want to drive ( car,bike or both )

then you will only have to do the reaction,color and periferal vison tests.

As far as I know they don't require an IDP ( international driving permit ) at all.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me. Last year I went in with all my documents and my drivers license (in English). They told me I had to come back the next day and do the whole thing, written test and all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my one-year license today from the Pattaya/Banglamung Land Transportation Office. Went last week and was told all paperwork was in order, with the exception of an "embassy guarantee" of my driver's license. This wasn't on any list I'd checked of req'd documents, but I dutifully did a day-trip to the Canadian Embassy to obtain same. My embassy had never heard of this requirement either, but for baht 600 provided me a Certified True Copy of my original license.

Back today anticipating a long day of tests and waiting. Did the colour and reaction tests, paid baht 205, and then had my picture taken and five minutes later was presented with my new license. Three hours all told, and mostly waiting. No computer test and no parking lot practical! Guess the Land Transport Office was getting overwhelmed trying to administer essentially unnecessary tests to so many foreigners. I did note that one computer room was full of Thais apparently taking the multiple choice test, but for now at least this has been waived for foreigners in favour of the so-called embassy guarantee. Noted as well that non-English licenses needed to be translated into English.