Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Oxlade kicked his first ball this week apparently, miss that lad. 

Be great to get him back this season be like a new signing that.  I know we are attack heavy at present but ings 3 in 5 is impressive. Maybe he will be back one day I kinda hope he does come back and prove his worth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I like the look of your young  lad at Derby (Wilson?). Looks a very skilful and cool operator for such a young lad

Been a favourite of mine for years MrBJ. He is the one kid that (deserves it) that Jurgen hasn't yet given a chance to for some reason. No idea why.

Just now, carmine said:

Who would he replace?  

Obviously none of the front three as a first choice, but could cover left/right wing as a squad member. Older than Woodburn and Solanke who have both been given chances whereas Harry has just been loaned out to three different clubs and never really had the opportunity to stake a claim at Anfield....Was YPOTY I think at Hull last time.

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

Obviously none of the front three as a first choice, but could cover left/right wing as a squad member. Older than Woodburn and Solanke who have both been given chances whereas Harry has just been loaned out to three different clubs and never really had the opportunity to stake a claim at Anfield....Was YPOTY I think at Hull last time.

His goal from the free kick was top drawer and his penalty was cool as a cucumber (as with all the Derby players).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

That Moreno is a <deleted> plank, no idea 

our weakest link by a country mile. outfield anyway, not counting that clown mignolet.

annoying defeat, hopefully we'll bounce back saturday. looked disjointed really, like the players aren't used to playing with one another and missed our now senior leader players. back five looked awful in general really, the first-choice defence is now streets ahead.

hell of a goal from hazard, credit where it's due. he always seems to play up against us that lad, never seen him boss matches against city or united the same way.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StevieH said:

our weakest link by a country mile. outfield anyway, not counting that clown mignolet.

annoying defeat, hopefully we'll bounce back saturday. looked disjointed really, like the players aren't used to playing with one another and missed our now senior leader players. back five looked awful in general really, the first-choice defence is now streets ahead.

hell of a goal from hazard, credit where it's due. he always seems to play up against us that lad, never seen him boss matches against city or united the same way.

Yeah you can see what next summer will be about, hang on to the first 14, and replace the likes of Migs, Matip, Moreno et al.

Thought Shaqiri was a bright spark, didn't appreciate his skying shots outside the box, Stokesque, but liked his output. Going to be such an important player this season, what a bargain.

Hard to rate Fabinho, but still looks a bit off the pace.

Nice to see Sturridge score again, he looks really fit. 

Robbo would have stopped Hazard for that goal.

To be fair we had plenty of chances to bury that match, just annoying to lose to Chelsea, not so annoying going out in the first round. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah you can see what next summer will be about, hang on to the first 14, and replace the likes of Migs, Matip, Moreno et al.

Thought Shaqiri was a bright spark, didn't appreciate his skying shots outside the box, Stokesque, but liked his output. Going to be such an important player this season, what a bargain.

Hard to rate Fabinho, but still looks a bit off the pace.

Nice to see Sturridge score again, he looks really fit. 

Robbo would have stopped Hazard for that goal.

To be fair we had plenty of chances to bury that match, just annoying to lose to Chelsea, not so annoying going out in the first round. 

The greatest significance to this game, in terms of the league is Liverpool's lack of quality in cover. I doubt its possible in january to add the necessaries.  I'm sure Liverpool can go toe to toe with City based on full strength sides but they are much stronger in squad depth.

Mind you, i'm saying what many already recognize so maybe something is being worked on already?  That Moreno is simply dreadful!  Isn't there a youngster in the academy that would be more solid defensively?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, carmine said:

The greatest significance to this game, in terms of the league is Liverpool's lack of quality in cover. I doubt its possible in january to add the necessaries.  I'm sure Liverpool can go toe to toe with City based on full strength sides but they are much stronger in squad depth.

Mind you, i'm saying what many already recognize so maybe something is being worked on already?  That Moreno is simply dreadful!  Isn't there a youngster in the academy that would be more solid defensively?

Don't know that Liverpool are all that far behind City as regards depth Carms. A major injury to Fernandinho would be an example. Also if the same were to happen to Aguero. City have very little depth in defensive midfielders, and Stones is definitely not the answer. And Gabriel Jesus is still learning on the job and not a fraction of the threat that Aguero presents.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Adam Lewis trained with first XI yesterday. 18 year old attacking left back. Quick and aggressive tackler. Hopefully now moving up the pecking order.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Don't know that Liverpool are all that far behind City as regards depth Carms. A major injury to Fernandinho would be an example. Also if the same were to happen to Aguero. City have very little depth in defensive midfielders, and Stones is definitely not the answer. And Gabriel Jesus is still learning on the job and not a fraction of the threat that Aguero presents.

Can't agree on this.  Aguero has had frequent injuries and its been dealt with.  Jesus might be learning but he's extremely talented and a full blown international!!  Generally speaking i think City have terrific squad depth

• Haha 1

Just now, wilai said:

Adam Lewis trained with first XI yesterday. 18 year old attacking left back. Quick and aggressive tackler. Hopefully now moving up the pecking order.

Thats what i mean, so why not give the lad a kick up the ladder because Moreno is going to be targeted every time he plays because he is a 100% liability

48 minutes ago, carmine said:

Can't agree on this.  Aguero has had frequent injuries and its been dealt with.  Jesus might be learning but he's extremely talented and a full blown international!!  Generally speaking i think City have terrific squad depth

"Generally speaking" yeah, but not light years ahead of Liverpool, particularly in the areas I mentioned. Jesus is a talent, but still raw. He's definitely not ready to lead the line. I'd trade him straight up for Firmino any day. And, after the World Cup I bet Tite would as well.:wink:

Not much between the two of you, but tend to support Carmine's view on the generality of depth of squad. On the specifics of Aguero I would have thought it was qed that Aguero can be lost for not insignificant chunks of the season without risking a title. In City's fabulous season last year he had only 25 appearances per Prem League stats (have not searched whether that means starts or (as is literally implied) inclusive of coming off the bench). Dunno whether I would describe Jesus as 'raw' either. I trade him for Aubamayang any day of the week and I do value our Gabonese!

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Thats what i mean, so why not give the lad a kick up the ladder because Moreno is going to be targeted every time he plays because he is a 100% liability

That was likely Moreno's Karius moment for Klopp, hopefully as wills said we will see Adam Lewis  going forward.

Moreno's contract ends next summer.

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

We're  'thin' in these positions:

- Goalkeeper  - ederson,  and 2 kids with 1 appearance  between  them.

- Leftback - Delph is a decent  standin but he has defensive  limitations (prone to the odd rick as last season vs Manu and vs Lyon when he gifted goals)

- Fernandinho  as stated above

Main man KdB is out. If Ederson was out it be game over for us he's  that important.

I reckon VVD is Liverpool's ederson; without him you'd be porous.