Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

No real comments on the game or Liverpool's (or City's)  performance from you 4 liverpool supporters. Surely you have some comments?

Boring game.

Gomez played very well

A game to forget.

Less said the better.

Nice penalty attempt and a great decision by pep to stop the young Brazilian stepping up.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Boring game.

Gomez played very well

A game to forget.

Less said the better.

Maybe I'm boring but I thought the opposite. Was it a spectacle for the neutral fan? Of course not but I thought it was a game where both Managers had really done their homework and tried to play differently than they normally do. It was a Manager Master Class by both, I thought . We should have played in that way several times, particularly in Champs League matches but Pep has his way. This shows he can play another way when needed and I'll be happy if he uses it again at the right time.

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Maybe I'm boring but I thought the opposite. Was it a spectacle for the neutral fan? Of course not but I thought it was a game where both Managers had really done their homework and tried to play differently than they normally do. It was a Manager Master Class by both, I thought . We should have played in that way several times, particularly in Champs League matches but Pep has his way. This shows he can play another way when needed and I'll be happy if he uses it again at the right time.

I'm not sure I mean had we had the front 3 in tandem who is to say that the system would have worked. I believe if those three find their feet they will turn the game in our favour. They were not at the races so in my mind the game was boring.

55 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

This shows he can play another way when needed and I'll be happy if he uses it again at the right time.

I should say I didn't watch the game, but it did occur to me... I can think of another team which nullified Liverpool successfully at Anfield last season. But of course when we do it, it's labelled 'parking the bus'. 

Just now, RickG16 said:

I should say I didn't watch the game, but it did occur to me... I can think of another team which nullified Liverpool successfully at Anfield last season. But of course when we do it, it's labelled 'parking the bus'. 

You need to watch the game to see no team parked the bus. It was just a very tactical, cagey game by both sides

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You need to watch the game to see no team parked the bus. It was just a very tactical, cagey game by both sides

Rick, no parking of the bus though the first 10 minutes was like tge Alamo. We simply retained possession and passed it around way too much to make the scousers lose the will to...comment  on the game.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Totally agree with you. Cagey game. Nobody knew to twist or stick. We started very slowly but in the end dominated. Very pleased to see Pep DOES have a plan B and the players can follow it; there are definitely games where NOT being gungho is the smart move.

Either way we stopped them from scoring and also had clear opportunities to win the game. I'm not saying we did park the bus, to me it was a solid defensive performance. 

I'd be happy to play like that this season and take a point at Anfield or nick a win, and then take 3 at the council house again ????

Just now, RickG16 said:

and then take 3 at the council house again ????

You obviously forgot that in that match we had what Pep thought was a more important game 3 days later and left Aguero, DeBruyne and Jesus on the bench. Doubt we'll put out a weakened team against you again.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Doubt we'll put out a weakened team against you again.

Well that game is in Nov, so unfortunately we won't have strengthened our defence by then. If we can get a decent CB pairing going I'd back us to do you again.

Talking about how you wish Pep had more than one way of playing and be more reactive to the opposition... you sound like you want him to be more like Jose. Let's face it, if you could build the perfect current manager it would probably be a combination of the two of them. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You obviously forgot that in that match we had what Pep thought was a more important game 3 days later and left Aguero, DeBruyne and Jesus on the bench. Doubt we'll put out a weakened team against you again.

They are crap mrboj...we hammered them easy...even Wet Spam humbled em.

Just now, RickG16 said:

Talking about how you wish Pep had more than one way of playing and be more reactive to the opposition... you sound like you want him to be more like Jose.

???? No, no, no. You mis-understand me. We didn't park the bus, we just played cagey and on the odd occasion it might be the right option again, maybe against say Barca or RM at their gaff's. But we won't play like that against your lot who pump it long to Fellaini ????

Just now, RickG16 said:

But that is exactly what your team does these day Ricky. Don't pretend you do not agree.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Rick, no parking of the bus though the first 10 minutes was like tge Alamo. We simply retained possession and passed it around way too much to make the scousers lose the will to...comment  on the game.

As I said it was a great penalty in the dying minutes and I can picture the scenes before and after the kick was taken, highlight of the game.

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

your lot who pump it long to Fellaini ????

???? I know crazy tactic right? ???? Imagine having one of the tallest bean poles in world football and using him as a target man ????????

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No real comments on the game or Liverpool's (or City's)  performance from you 4 liverpool supporters. Surely you have some comments?

Sure, I'll give you my comment...

Liverpool fans are murderers aren't they BB, your fans were singing about it again, you and your red and blue mates surreptitiously make this same comment on here regularly, as you desperately try to keep it in, while taking your furtive pokes, at least jangles had the balls to say what he believes directly. 

So listen up you chip fat, lard laden tits bitch, you and your manc mates can take your narrow-minded, ill informed, ignorant beliefs and bone yourselves on them!

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

???? I know crazy tactic right? ???? Imagine having one of the tallest bean poles in world football and using him as a target man ????????

And its working ever so well this season!!????

Edited by carmine