Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't understand playing Henderson when Keita is so much better.

Because they are desperately clinging on to something which makes them an English side. Apart from the kid at right back they are completely foreign.

Oh and boring James Milner. 

35 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Would a world class keeper have saved Hazards shot?

Is it time now to rest Mo Salah, he just looks to have lost his spark? Take a hit now and have him come back fresh?

Really think Henderson is not the midfield general required.

Think you'll find Mo has lost his Jo...a common problem

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Because they are desperately clinging on to something which makes them an English side. Apart from the kid at right back they are completely foreign.

Oh and boring James Milner. 

Its a bit rich a Man Yoo fan talking about boring after yesterday Rick....ballsy even!

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its a bit rich a Man Yoo fan talking about boring after yesterday Rick....ballsy even!

It was a reference (obviously a lost one) to the Boring James Milner twitter account.

https://twitter.com/BoringMilner

To be fair to him, he was asked about it by a journalist and said he's aware of it and think's it's quite funny. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It was a reference (obviously a lost one) to the Boring James Milner twitter account.

https://twitter.com/BoringMilner

To be fair to him, he was asked about it by a journalist and said he's aware of it and think's it's quite funny. 

Here's Boring James Milner enjoying xmas

3 hours ago, hackjam said:

Would a world class keeper have saved Hazards shot?

Is it time now to rest Mo Salah, he just looks to have lost his spark? Take a hit now and have him come back fresh?

Really think Henderson is not the midfield general required.

I think Becker could have done better for the goal.

Mo's ok, he still scored 3 goals in 7, so not too bad. I honestly don't think him not playing for spells greatly weakens the side this season, both Kieta and Shaqiri can play up top.

I said last season the captain's armband is being shared around because Henderson is being fazed out. Gini is doing a much better job as a No. 6, which helps Kieta play a more attacking role. Once Fabinho and Kieta are bedded in you will start to see less of him. 6 of his 36 passes yesterday went to the front 3, only 6! Got tired of him barking at players yesterday considering how awful he was. 

• Like 1

Interesting comments on this thread but I know for sure that Salah is vital to success and we need him firing more than ever. 

Hendo being phased out is a strong term, a squad player is where he may be heading.

Wijnaldum is surprising most people with his performances lately I think.  I never saw him as vital as he is showing now.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Interesting comments on this thread but I know for sure that Salah is vital to success and we need him firing more than ever. 

Hendo being phased out is a strong term, a squad player is where he may be heading.

Wijnaldum is surprising most people with his performances lately I think.  I never saw him as vital as he is showing now.

I understand what you are saying re. Salah, of course we are better off with him firing, but my point is we are not solely reliant on him this season, as was so apparent for periods of last season and particularly in the CL final. We do have options to rest and rotate. Being joint top of both comps and he is not firing, is testament to that fact.

Depends how you interpret fazed out, I meant from the first 11. I doubt he will hang around as a squad player though, maybe.

Gini is <deleted> incredible, a nice surprise!

• Like 1

bad result that and worse performance. bit concerned about the front three at the moment, they're not clicking at all and they look like something is a bit wrong with each of them. it's a worry with city at the weekend, 'cos their key players are all in really good form. at the moment i don't fancy us to get anything off city the way we're playing.

• Like 1

How gutting.. last min loss's feel like a proper kick in the teeth..  last weekend exeter 1 nil up at port vale they levelled  s in the 7th  min of 5 added mins.. and ref went on to play 10 ish plus,  yeah i know the announced added time is a minimum.. however still double gutting

Not really gutting that loss, it was totally deserved. That was horrific to watch. Tepid in midfield and toothless in attack. Not a shot on target! Becker and Gomez where brilliant, Gomez is going to be an incredible player.

That pitch was shocking, but it's no excuse. Ancelotti's boys got it right. 

That was a game for Nabil Fekir, we need someone like that in midfield driving forward, Oxlade obviously seriously missed there. Maybe get Shaqiri in behind, pull Firmino in to a No. 10 role put Sturridge up top. We need some creativity in behind.

Don't know what is going on up top, just hope it gets mended. 

Beating City on Sunday and beating Red Star will get us back on track. Will be interesting to see how PSG go in Naples.

Good news is Baby Keith is fine.

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Not really gutting that loss, it was totally deserved. That was horrific to watch. Tepid in midfield and toothless in attack. Not a shot on target! Becker and Gomez where brilliant, Gomez is going to be an incredible player.

That pitch was shocking, but it's no excuse. Ancelotti's boys got it right. 

That was a game for Nabil Fekir, we need someone like that in midfield driving forward, Oxlade obviously seriously missed there. Maybe get Shaqiri in behind, pull Firmino in to a No. 10 role put Sturridge up top. We need some creativity in behind.

Don't know what is going on up top, just hope it gets mended. 

Beating City on Sunday and beating Red Star will get us back on track. Will be interesting to see how PSG go in Naples.

Good news is Baby Keith is fine.

Fair enuf.. but gettin so near a result and then  losing   cant be anything but disapointing but i'f you'd have held on it would have been ' a great defensive show.. despite overwelming pressure'  and all but kloppy ignoring  all the piss poor performances him reaping changes for the next games  leaving the result junky fans stuttering . Aint footie such a wonderful thing...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

If you play like you did last night and we play like we did on tues night, i haven't got a clue what the outcome will be on sunday. Hopefully we'll improve more than you will

• Haha 1

Some of the lads need a rest it's been a busy period and perhaps we are still guilty of not utilising subs enough. Maybe if we were smashing teams early that option is easier to make but these fine margins make that difficult and the bench is now strong so no reason not to rest key men when we are up. I'd like to see some changes at City.  Mane and Salah look out of form. 

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Trent benched, looks like a back 3 with Robbo and Milner wide to cope with City's numbers in midfield...

Your lot had better turn up today Bobby.....and I mean your front line....this is a big BIG game.

Fernandinho should have had about 6 yellow cards there, didn't get one.

Another uninspired performance, no cohesion, no creativity, front 3 still need time to gel ???? 

The Defense is why we have 20 points. 

Well played Deggsy Lovren. 

Edited by BangrakBob