Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Torres has been given the clear to start Sunday

Well there's a surprise!

Also wouldn't surprise me if Rooney started or at least feature in the game.

I do find all this business of injured players suddenly recovering in time to start games awfully boring.

Fiorentina Aston villa Chelsea Tottenham Sunderland. FACTS!

now that is facts rafa.

So original Nev, have you been on RedCafe?

No mate who's site is that? got a bite of you though :)

Fiorentina Aston villa Chelsea Tottenham Sunderland. FACTS!

now that is facts rafa.

So original Nev, have you been on RedCafe?

No mate who's site is that? got a bite of you though :)

:D not a bad site mate...check it out....redcafedotnet

Anyways...not long now, Good luck to the people on the march, get yerselves heard.

Any news on Gerrard?

Well there's a surprise!

I do find all this business of injured players suddenly recovering in time to start games awfully boring.

alex ferguson been boring you for years then? he invented the practice.

It's probably been going on as long as football has been played. I remember going to the Bridge with my Dad to see Blackpool, and the morning papers saying Stanley Matthews wouldn't be playing. My Dad just said that these injured players often make miraculous recoveries, and he played.

Well there's a surprise!

alex ferguson been boring you for years then? he invented the practice.

All the managers that do it bore me. Your manager, my manager... i don't discriminate.

The lads turned up today all over the park... Utd looked shell shocked to be honest, the pressure we put on them was awesome. We could beat anyone if we played to that intensity same as the end of last season, but its not going to happen every game.

Torres looked 80% but still had the quality to score a fantastic goal. Ref was a wan_er I must admit against both sides.

Boy did we need that win - obviously more than Man U did. Funny at the pub, Man U fans giving it loads when I walked in with my Liverpool Shirt but soon went silent :)

Feeling very, very happy tonight

YNWA

The lads turned up today all over the park... Utd looked shell shocked to be honest, the pressure we put on them was awesome. We could beat anyone if we played to that intensity same as the end of last season, but its not going to happen every game.

Torres looked 80% but still had the quality to score a fantastic goal. Ref was a wan_er I must admit against both sides.

Boy did we need that win - obviously more than Man U did. Funny at the pub, Man U fans giving it loads when I walked in with my Liverpool Shirt but soon went silent :)

Feeling very, very happy tonight

YNWA

Well done you edged it, we had our spells and chances, i hate torres he goes to the ground to easy but one thing he can take his chances,if he was not on the pitch it was going to be a score draw.

Only papers over your cracks and takes the noose from rafa's kneck for awhile.

Fantastic!

Performance of the season without a doubt. We should really have scored more goals and squandered chances. Also, the result could have been very different if that shot Valencia hit off the crossbar had been a foot lower...finally the luck went our way for a change. :)

Simply fantastic match, I was screaming as I watched it alone. Let's kick on from here and kick Arsenal out of the Carling Cup this year.

Anyway, way to silence the doubters.

Best team won. You deserved it.

cheers man.

thought we were pretty comfortable all in all, rooney was your only threat really. vidic is absolutely terrified of torres, ferdinand becomes more error-prone the older he gets and berbatov's an embarrassment.

though lucas, kuyt, benayoun and aurelio were outstanding and carragher and agger is clearly our best centreback partnership. chuffed as balls today.

As much as it plains me to say it, Liverpool deserved it. :)

Thought the ref wasn't the best and made a number of poor decisions, but United really never got going -or just weren't allowed to. Anyway, still a long season ahead to look forward to.

I think I'll watch that match again tomorrow. Ecstatic.

haha, guess you don't want to watch the carling cup match with arsenal then? is it even on?

that's wednesday and don't think it is. nonsense match anyway, hopefully we'll play the reserves.

Arsenal match is still 2 days away. It will be "on" my computer as I watch it on the club website delayed.

StevieH, let me ask you, if we could not win the league, FA Cup or Champions League would you not take at least the Carling Cup this year? I know it's the least prestigious but I would like to see us advance in all competitions. I hope we play some reserves as well but I hope they do the job and win so they can get more playing time in this competition and give us a chance to win a trophy. I'd take it after 3 years of no trophies. Of course if a key play gets injured in such a match then it's crap, yeah.

As for Masch's red card, does this mean he is suspended for the Carling Cup match only? Does that count as his ban or is it the next league match?

Just answered my own question, he's only out for the Carling Cup so that's good. He'll be in contention for next week.

Edited by Jimjim

Thought the ref wasn't the best and made a number of poor decisions, but United really never got going -or just weren't allowed to. Anyway, still a long season ahead to look forward to.

dont come on here much these days, but nice to see you still post on here mr toad, by far the best poster in this section of the forum. scousemouse still about?

dont come on here much these days, but nice to see you still post on here mr toad, by far the best poster in this section of the forum. scousemouse still about?

Nice to see you back around mate -long time. No, not heard from scousemouse for sometime now. Not sure if jockstar has heard from him of recent.

Arsenal match is still 2 days away. It will be "on" my computer as I watch it on the club website delayed.

StevieH, let me ask you, if we could not win the league, FA Cup or Champions League would you not take at least the Carling Cup this year? I know it's the least prestigious but I would like to see us advance in all competitions. I hope we play some reserves as well but I hope they do the job and win so they can get more playing time in this competition and give us a chance to win a trophy. I'd take it after 3 years of no trophies. Of course if a key play gets injured in such a match then it's crap, yeah.

As for Masch's red card, does this mean he is suspended for the Carling Cup match only? Does that count as his ban or is it the next league match?

Just answered my own question, he's only out for the Carling Cup so that's good. He'll be in contention for next week.

yeah mascherano missing arsenal rather than fulham is a bit convenient isn't it?

i'd be happy to win the league cup, silverware is silverware and it'd be a day out at wembley for the fans. that said though we're unfortunately in the position today where financial reality dictates that a top four finish is more important than they league cup, so i wouldn't want to see any of our best players being risked in league cup games. it's a sad state of affairs but it's where we're at.

don't really expect us to beat arsenal tomorrow night as it goes, their youngsters have been together longer than ours and they're a better team unit at this point. be nice to see a few of our talented kids get a runout though.

Yep, I want to see Daniel Pacheco given a start, he looks like he could be a star.

Why, has he got a big nose & does a good Thomas the Tank Engine impression ??? :D

Sorry, pathetic, i know.... :)

:D

I thought it was pretty sharp Mr Singh. :D