Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Liverpool’s interest was a massive surprise for me but I have decided to accept the opportunity to join such a big club. It’s a fantastic chance for me but I know how hard I will have to work if I want to get anywhere near the first team.

Welcome to the forum Maxi. So tell me how do you think you can improve the Reds fortunes?

Liverpool's interest was a massive surprise for me but I have decided to accept the opportunity to join such a big club. It's a fantastic chance for me but I know how hard I will have to work if I want to get anywhere near the first team.

You won't have to work that had, just turn up!

Little bit gutted we didn't get to play on Sunday. I thought the quicker the games come the better.

There is a little sniff that things are getting slightly better on the pitch.

Reading tomorrow, thought they played well against us at there ground but tomorrow will be a different

ystor.

Feels like we've not played for ages.

sorry mate ,but its the same old story, p.s. never judge a book by its cover, :) well done to reading

Torres is out for 6 weeks

Yossi out for 4 weeks

Stevie out for 2 weeks.

Yikes.

It can not get any worse can it :)

Time for RVN on free from Madrid. If we get beat against Stoke I reckon King Kenny will be in the hot seat for the rest of the season.

Torres is out for 6 weeks

Yossi out for 4 weeks

Stevie out for 2 weeks.

Yikes.

It can not get any worse can it :)

Time for RVN on free from Madrid. If we get beat against Stoke I reckon King Kenny will be in the hot seat for the rest of the season.

Its away as well.

Whats happened to Dirk he played well last year ?

Bloody Lubish.... Bloody Lubish.....

That's what the Mrs spouted anyway. She's an Man U supporter.

For <deleted>#ks sake... I can't believe this is happening.

Surely Rafa must take the fall.

I wish they had put Shanks in a cryo. unit. Now would be the time to re-energise.

Torres will have to be nursed back after the 6 weeks as well.

No other strikers of note to save us either.

How could we be in this position after last year ?

You could maybe do a deal with United and take Michael Owen back on loan.He's currently warming the bench at OT

The sad plight of many great clubs at present is down to the simple fact that the majority of us still think they are football clubs there to serve their local community and not what they have become, PLCs.

The money men from overseas in dark suits, hiding from view are breaking up our national institutions before our eyes. Torres is an asset and nothing more. Both he and Gerrard are a means to launder money and off set debt in companies far removed from Liverpool. Slippery slope I'm afraid boys.

The sad plight of many great clubs at present is down to the simple fact that the majority of us still think they are football clubs there to serve their local community and not what they have become, PLCs.

The money men from overseas in dark suits, hiding from view are breaking up our national institutions before our eyes. Torres is an asset and nothing more. Both he and Gerrard are a means to launder money and off set debt in companies far removed from Liverpool. Slippery slope I'm afraid boys.

How very true suiging, sadly..

On a form table of the last 10 games I would hazard a guess that Man City, Arsenal, Everton and Villa are the top 4, Chelsea bubbling under, Man U mid table and Liverpool in or near the relegation zone.

Has anyone the time (or a source) to do the maths (that's 'math' for you Americans - oh well I guess there are no Americans here!).

A I did a quick calculation for the latest 10 matches for each club and this is what I make it

Birmingham 22 Pts

Chelsea 21 Pts

Arsenal 20 Pts

Man U 19 Pts

Man C 19 Pts

Spurs 18 Pts

Villa 17 Pts

Liverpool 15 Pts

Fulham 13 Pts

Everton 11 Pts

West Ham 11 Pts

Portsmouth 10 Pts

Hull 10 Pts

Wolves 10 Pts

Bolton 10 Pts

Stoke 9 Pts

Wigan 9 Pts

Burnley 8 Pts

Blackburn 8 Pts

Sunderland 7 Pts

No guarantees on the accuracy.

Torres will have to be nursed back after the 6 weeks as well.

No other strikers of note to save us either.

How could we be in this position after last year ?

You could maybe do a deal with United and take Michael Owen back on loan.He's currently warming the bench at OT

I would take him........

Midfield position is gonna be interesting today with Mascherano back. Maxi also in contention.

What will Rafa do? Kuyt on the right, Maxi on the left, Ngog on his own with Aquilani in support.

Lucas and Mascherano in the middle?

It's not all bad. Most premier teams would kill for that line up. It still excites me.

Torres and gerrard who? :)

Midfield position is gonna be interesting today with Mascherano back. Maxi also in contention.

What will Rafa do? Kuyt on the right, Maxi on the left, Ngog on his own with Aquilani in support.

It's not all bad. Most premier teams would kill for that line up. It still excites me.

You are the only person I have heard of who could be "excited" by Lucas

Rafa said in a press conference yesterday: If I am worried about my position or the future of the club at this moment I will lose my focus.

Blimey. Let's hope he does't lose his focus then, as his having it is certainly important to the coninued success of the club.

I'm sure the team/fans of the club you're playing would be :D

I won't tell a lie I was unsure about him at first but I think he is maturing into a good player.

I won't tell a lie I was unsure about him at first but I think he is maturing into a good player.

Lucas has got heart and shown fantastic attitude (something a few of the more talented players could show).

I always thought he had massive potential, had some good games last season but now starting to show consitency. I can tell you now alot of fans who didnt rate him at all have changed their mind and atleast acknowledge he does a decent job in the middle, very similar reaction to when fans who didnt rate Kuyt also a few season ago.

I am excited to see Maxi play and Aqualina is starting to gain match fitness.

Lucas has got heart and shown fantastic attitude (something a few of the more talented players could show).

I always thought he had massive potential, had some good games last season but now starting to show consitency. I can tell you now alot of fans who didnt rate him at all have changed their mind and atleast acknowledge he does a decent job in the middle, very similar reaction to when fans who didnt rate Kuyt also a few season ago.

I am excited to see Maxi play and Aqualina is starting to gain match fitness.

I think Lucas' is alright personally but cany anyone explain to me how Aqualani is meant to gain Match Fitness coming on for 5 mins, i don't understand it at all ??

Didn't have a Shot on target tonight Chaps, average at best without the terrible twosome i'm afraid..

I disagree with you MSingh, I thought we played a lot better than we have been of late without the two.

Ok the end result is not a good one but we showed some passion tonight. Argos was great.

With an inform Gerrard and Torres may have been a different story bit they haven't exactly been on fire

the last few months (when playing that is).

Another late goal. :) Another gob on :D

Thought we played very well against an awfully awkward Stoke team away. Cant beleive I am saying this but better attitiude out there when Torres and Gerrard were missing!!! really... Think the only thing needs changing is Carra to be Captain (just a thought) and take some presure of Gerrard.

Lucas was further forward and played very well I thought. Masch did well after being out injured. Our big Greek lad stepped inn and for most set pieces and plays brought some confidence and agression to the defence in the air which has been badly needed. Aurelio was quality at times and even Maxi got a run out :)

God thought Kuyt had scored at the last gasp! dam unlucky!