Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Not that I believe all I read in the British press, but rumour has it that Roy Hodgeson could be in line as Liverpool's next manager.

I wondered if the genuine Liverpool supporters here on T.V. think it would be a realistic option.

He's certainly has the experience.

Now that is an interesting one.....

Not that I believe all I read in the British press, but rumour has it that Roy Hodgeson could be in line as Liverpool's next manager.

I wondered if the genuine Liverpool supporters here on T.V. think it would be a realistic option.

He's older than Kenny? No five year guaranteed contract if he does. :)

He's older than Kenny? No five year guaranteed contract if he does. :D

The main spanner in the works James is that he has clearly stated that he relishes the challenge of european football :)

he'd be a very short-term appointment given his age, but i do rate the man highly and have done for a number of years.

i'd rather we have a look at a young and ambitious manager, preferably one from france. deschamps, le guen, blanc are all shaping up to be fine managers.

Whoever takes over (and maybe Rafa will stay for one more year) you will definitely need a "scrapping" manager and not an overpaid celebrity, given the likely challenges of next season. Of course I don't think Liverpool with their current malaise would even be attractive to the usual suspects right now - Mourinho etc.

he'd be a very short-term appointment given his age, but i do rate the man highly and have done for a number of years.

i'd rather we have a look at a young and ambitious manager, preferably one from france. deschamps, le guen, blanc are all shaping up to be fine managers.

blanc would be the pick of the bunch there steve, le guen had disastrous time at glasgow r%%##ers ,fortunately :) , however blanc could well be replacement at your rivals,

my personal favourite in france was elie baup

blanc would be the pick of the bunch there steve, le guen had disastrous time at glasgow r%%##ers ,fortunately :) , however blanc could well be replacement at your rivals,

my personal favourite in france was elie baup

agree about blanc but there is one massive point against him of course.

anyway, as i've said numerous times on here, our problems are much larger and more deep-rooted than who is team manager. the club is rotten.

I actually think Stevie has hit the nail on the head regarding the insidious cancer of foreign ownership (coupled with huge debts) that has eaten into many Premier League clubs.

To take Stevie's analogy further,

"Something is wrong in the state of Denmark (Anfield)"

This line is spoken by Marcellus in Act I, scene iv , as he and Horatio debate whether or not to follow Hamlet and the ghost into the dark night. The line refers both to the idea that the ghost is an ominous omen for Denmark and to the larger theme of the connection between the moral legitimacy of a ruler and the health of the state as a whole. The ghost is a visible symptom of the rottenness of Denmark created by Claudius’s crime.

The time is now right for us to regain control of our clubs

"Lay on Macduff And dam_n'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!"

Perhaps I'm starting to sound like a thespian version of redrus ............ :)

maybe, depends on what RBS make us do really. we've a £100m loan to be repaid this summer and the owners show no sign of advancing any money. player sales may be enforced, since it's very likely torres will have a good world cup and we'll get silly bids from chelsea and city for him.

gerrard at the minute can fuc_k off anyway.

Calm down calm down...just cos Fletcher had him in his pocket for most of the game, :) he is still top draw and what do you think Madrid or City would pay for him 50 million??

Torres?? 80/100 million?

yeah, that's the sort of bid we'll get for torres.

gerrard's been playing with a face like a smacked arse for months and has had one eye on the world cup since christmas. not captain behaviour. he was lazy yesterday.

I reckon Gerrard is past his best,anyway.Midfielders like him cover a tremendous amount of ground in their playing career and he's done more than most. I remember,about 10 years ago,a doctor diagnosing Gerrard has having 'accelerated growing pains' due to playing too much football during his teenage years.His shelf life is limited due to his exertions on the pitch and Gerrard's game requires that energy.He's also had his fair share of injuries.To my mind, Lampard is another player in the same boat,getting older and struggling to keep pace with game.

Gerrard is a fantastic footballer to say he is past his best is a little premature i think.

He just needs a new challenge,a new club and he will be on fire again....one of the top ten all-round footballers in the world.

Take a look at the stats,incredible!

I don't think the nationality of the owners is an issue. Nor how they finance their debt burden to buy the club, within reasonable limits, and so long as it doesn't affect success on the field (including transfer policy).

By that measure Man United are currently fine, Liverpool are definitely not. Had the season gone well for them maybe it wouldn't be such a problem but it hasn't and it is and may well really hole them in the summer.

Liverpool show what can happen if a high performing team have just one dodgy season. The pressures are massively increased by the debt.

Gerrard is a fantastic footballer to say he is past his best is a little premature i think.

He just needs a new challenge,a new club and he will be on fire again....one of the top ten all-round footballers in the world.

Gerrard's game is all power and pace.He's pushing 30 now, so he will have to adapt his game to combat the younger dynamic midfielders,with a bit of guile and cunning, but somehow I don't see that in his make up.No doubting his previous credentials,Nad,but that was then and this is now.I'd sell him now while he's fresh in other clubs minds.

I don't think the nationality of the owners is an issue. Nor how they finance their debt burden to buy the club, within reasonable limits, and so long as it doesn't affect success on the field (including transfer policy).

By that measure Man United are currently fine, Liverpool are definitely not. Had the season gone well for them maybe it wouldn't be such a problem but it hasn't and it is and may well really hole them in the summer.

Liverpool show what can happen if a high performing team have just one dodgy season. The pressures are massively increased by the debt.

the nationality of the owners is not an issue. how they bought the club very much is, and it has directly affected success on the field.

Gerrard's game is all power and pace.He's pushing 30 now, so he will have to adapt his game to combat the younger dynamic midfielders,with a bit of guile and cunning, but somehow I don't see that in his make up.No doubting his previous credentials,Nad,but that was then and this is now.I'd sell him now while he's fresh in other clubs minds.

I think Madrid would be perfect for Gerrard now he could adapt and sit behind those attacking midfilders and choose his runs into the box,become a more defensive/sweeper type player.

He has got another 5 years as a top class player easy and someone will get the benefit of his experience he just might after take his foot off the gas a little,A top European side will pay big money for him now.So good business all round.I do agree tho that at Liverpool now he is not at it 100%!!

I think Madrid would be perfect for Gerrard now he could adapt and sit behind those attacking midfilders and choose his runs into the box,become a more defensive/sweeper type player.

He has got another 5 years as a top class player easy and someone will get the benefit of his experience he just might after take his foot off the gas a little,A top European side will pay big money for him now.So good business all round.I do agree tho that at Liverpool now he is not at it 100%!!

City will bid for him. :)

i think what his mate has told him about playing at madrid would put him off going there.

i used to think that later in his career gerrard would become a more sitting type player as you say, but he's crap at keeping possession so i'm thinking it less likely now. his choice of pass is often too rash for a defensive midfield role.

M. United are hard enough to beat without a bullshit penalty call. Pure <deleted>.

Not a terrible performance from Liverpool, that's harsh. We should have had a draw but Torres mis-kicked at the end. Looked like one point in the bag once you saw it was coming to him 6 yards away from the goal.

Very hard to take with the missed chance at the end and the bogus penalty. Very hard.

Even Benitez agreed it was a penalty...the pain will ease :)

No, he didn't really think it was, either, after he saw all the replays.

StevieH, you think Riera is gone for good? Are the rumors true? He's had a horrible season anyway after doing pretty well last season, I thought anyway.

Oh, and Torres would sooner step in front of a train than go play for Real Madrid. He's Atletico through and through and has said as much multiple times. He's stated he would never go to Real.

Edited by Jimjim

StevieH, you think Riera is gone for good? Are the rumors true? He's had a horrible season anyway after doing pretty well last season, I thought anyway.

Oh, and Torres would sooner step in front of a train than go play for Real Madrid. He's Atletico through and through and has said as much multiple times. He's stated he would never go to Real.

indeed, hence his heated argument with ferguson on the touchline at the time.

yeah riera's done. he apparently had a barney with pacheco in training and cuffed the youngster around the head, something the manager won't stand for. add to that his article in spain criticising the manager and also the fact that he's physically incapable of completing 90 minutes and he's on his way. shame really as when he played well he was good. not quite consistent enough though, and another example of us having to shop for mid-range players rather than us having the money to spend on the manager's real top targets.

aye, no way nando will play for madrid. never.

yeah riera's done. he apparently had a barney with pacheco in training and cuffed the youngster around the head, something the manager won't stand for. add to that his article in spain criticising the manager and also the fact that he's physically incapable of completing 90 minutes and he's on his way. shame really as when he played well he was good. not quite consistent enough though, and another example of us having to shop for mid-range players rather than us having the money to spend on the manager's real top targets.

20 million on Aquaboy and 17 million on Johnson = David Villa or similar. He only shops for overpriced used cars cause he likes too. :)

20 million on Aquaboy and 17 million on Johnson = David Villa or similar. He only shops for overpriced used cars cause he likes too. :)

you'd have started the season with no right-backs and only two senior central midfielders would you james? at the time both those players were signed they were well within the manager's stated budget and payment were structured so that we only laid out 13m initially anyway.

you'd have started the season with no right-backs and only two senior central midfielders would you james? at the time both those players were signed they were well within the manager's stated budget and payment were structured so that we only laid out 13m initially anyway.

Carra at right back until Kelly got some game time playing in the league cup etc. Senior Central Midfielders? Lucas,Mash, Gerrard et all. It's not as if Aquaman has actually played much. Total for the season, guessing less than 360 mins / 20 million = poor decision considering Rafa knew he would be out injured for months.

All I am saying is he could have taken the pressure of Torres and Gerrard (and your defense to a degree) by buying a true attacking option while getting rid of Babel $$$ and relying too heavily on Andre the flop and Ngog.

We don't need Johnson, I mean, we had Degen, ha ha ha.

Wow, wonder why he would go after Pacheco? I know footballers sometimes fight in practice and usually we don't hear about it but sounds like he's really frustrated. Ya, it is too bad, he was too inconsistent, though. I still remember his powerful cross for Kuyt against Chelsea in Champions League and pinpoint quick cross for Torres against Arsenal at Anfield. He really could deliver it when he wanted to do so. A shame his last appearance was a rather poor performance against Urcizeni at Anfield.

We don't need Johnson, I mean, we had Degen, ha ha ha.

Wow, wonder why he would go after Pacheco? I know footballers sometimes fight in practice and usually we don't hear about it but sounds like he's really frustrated. Ya, it is too bad, he was too inconsistent, though. I still remember his powerful cross for Kuyt against Chelsea in Champions League and pinpoint quick cross for Torres against Arsenal at Anfield. He really could deliver it when he wanted to do so. A shame his last appearance was a rather poor performance against Urcizeni at Anfield.

it was when riera was on the way back from injury and he was training with the reserves. he reckoned pacheco was showboating or not passing to him or something and got the arse with him. think riera's just pissed off also that he's nowhere near making spain's world cup squad, for a few different reasons.

one thing i do know about him from a mate with contacts at melwood is that riera's physically incapable of completing 90 minutes. he's got bizarrely low stamina for a footballer and can't play at english league pace for a whole game, his back just goes and he ends up getting subbed on 65 minutes all the time. shame really as he's got loads of technique.

Hey guys, where is the best place to watch Premiership games? Am moving to BK from Beijing need some advice?

At home, no interruptions from noisy LP supporters :)

Most pubs show the games on the weekends. Not sure about mid-week games that KO at 2:45am.

Carragher has to retire, end of story on him.

Torres needs to go. can't stay healthy, has no one to play with.

Gerrard might just need a healthy change to a new team.

Babel is a waste of a substitute.

Why did we buy Aquilani?

Rafa can go, bring me Jose.

Thats it, positive mental attitude :):D

Carragher has to retire, end of story on him.

Torres needs to go. can't stay healthy, has no one to play with.

Gerrard might just need a healthy change to a new team.

Babel is a waste of a substitute.

Why did we buy Aquilani?

Rafa can go, bring me Jose.

Yea agree about Torres. As talented as he is, injured too often and whinges like Ronaldo. Needs to work on his sulking though for full effect.

Torres might get injured a lot but what he brings when he does play can't be bought for love nor money. Any team that got rid of him voluntarily would be crazy, unless of course someone came along with a Ronaldo like sum of money - unlikely to happen i believe.

Torres might get injured a lot but what he brings when he does play can't be bought for love nor money. Any team that got rid of him voluntarily would be crazy, unless of course someone came along with a Ronaldo like sum of money - unlikely to happen i believe.

I could see City making a big bid for him.