Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Got rid of the owners

Got rid of the manager

Ever thought it is the squad that rafa put together is the problem?

No they have'nt.........next. ;)

Good answer mate so its back to normal then :D

Got rid of the owners

Got rid of the manager

Ever thought it is the squad that rafa put together is the problem?

No they have'nt.........next. ;)

Rational thinking is not a trait you would normally associate with Scousers.:rolleyes:

We're gonna win the league.

I would have thought Roy would be a better manager in a relegation dogfight than Dalgleish will be. Was it just Fan Power that toppled Roy? Did the Yanks want to keep him in place until the end of the season?

Daglish will be the same as that idiot Keegan,when the going get tough,he will go,no pressure he isnt a proper manager there just a keeper.Then somebody will have to take charge of the shitty mess.Must admit its nice to see teams like Liverpool and Chelsea losing and especialy the fans squirming like most fans do week after week,watch the heart attack guys,and make way for Leeds,Cardiff and qpr,u know it makes sense

A quote from Dlaglish after last night.

Spot the part where he is so scarily wrong..

"It's all very well being a decent side but every side which has been successful and has ever done anything needs that bit of luck," he added.

Or you could of posted his quote in full? <_<

"Every football side that's ever done anything needed a bit of luck and maybe at the moment that's just turned against us a wee bit.

"The harder we try, the luckier we'll get, and we are trying very hard to turn our luck."

And if you listened to any of his comments after Man U and Blackpool his point was you have to earn luck - by working hard, pulling together!

The team are quite clearly lacking in confidence.

Blackpool fully deserved the win and played better football.

Yep true is that Longstebe... Clearly the defense namely Johnson and Skrytl look to be lacking confidence. That's where we are missing Carra who will just grit down and get on with it and organize the back a bit better.

Creativity and drive was lacking last night without Gerrard for sure. At least we are creating some chances now and stringing some passes together now and again showing some effort (least you would expect right). However the first real sight of the old Torres last night, he just looked up for it, in a fighting mode and gave off a completely different body language! that for me is half the battle right there if he hits form!

Blackpool have really impressed me this year - positive attitude and I think Charlie Adam is a cracking player at times from what I have seen! surprised he hasn't been snapped up by a bigger club (no disrespect) but the window is is still open so lets see.. As a controlling midfielder his range of passing is excellent. If he was at the right price he might just fill our void for us since Alonso left - yes not quite the same league but an extra option until the end of the season!

Bring on the Derby at the weekend - not worried at all :P

I would have thought Roy would be a better manager in a relegation dogfight than Dalgleish will be. Was it just Fan Power that toppled Roy? Did the Yanks want to keep him in place until the end of the season?

It is exceedingly unlikely that Liverpool will be relegated. They are 5 points off the bottom which doesnt sound much but is quite a lot when you are at the bottom. They have 25 points from 21 games and they need another 13 from the last 17 games to be sure they will not be relegated. The season has not gone that well if you consider they made 63 points last season but they have made over 1 point a game so far and it is unlikely that results will continue to get even worse from here.

Actually nobody wanted Woy in the first place but it is one thing sacking and another taking responsibility for his replacement. The yanks original plan was to keep him in place I suspect until the end of the season. They figured as they didnt appoint him they would not be held responsible. However they didnt count on things going so badly wrong that it reached a stage that if they didnt sack him they would be held responsible. They still had the problem of who to replace him with while they were looking for a permanent manager. What they did not want to do was take the initative and sack Roy and say appoint Dalglish because if they appointed him people would expect them to back it up with financial commitment which they are not yet prepared to make. So they were very happy to effectively pass the buck to the fan base.

Whatever happens to Dalglish no blame will fall on Fenway, rather like no blame fell for Hodgson and they dont have to back him by funds. NESV have been very careful since the purchase to not take responsibility when they do not have the management and the resources to back them up. It must have been very tempting to walk in and tell Hodgson that despite the fact he signed a 3 year contract for a six month job they were not going to honor it and he could piss off but as it was going to be a shitty year for Liverpool they did well to let him hang his lack of credibility out to dry. And Liverpool fans do appreciate how much he has united all Liverpool supporters and the owners who winged him an email to tell him he was fired.

I already sense that the "King" is starting to think about an escape plan for himself, but personally I hope he gets the job permanently. :rolleyes:

Kenny needs no escape plan because he has only been appointed until the end of the season.

Actually the likely poor results while Kenny is manager will not reflect badly on him as a manager but show us clear that our team is not up to scratch. Liverpool fans wish for the team to do well because Kenny is the manager. The results to date are so bad they are clearly not simply down to Hodgson because he cant be that bad a manager. And as Liverpool fans we will be proud that for the very reasons we would not accept Hodgson even if the results were good, we appreciate Dalglish if the results are bad.

If, as I suspect, there is a 5 year rebuilding period then I dont think it is suited to Kenny. In the unlikely event there is glory to be had within a couple of years then I think he should go for it. It is pretty clear however that we are a long way from competing with the top 5 let alone qualifying for the champions league or say the title. Still what would one expect.

It is exceedingly unlikely that Liverpool will be relegated. They are 5 points off the bottom which doesnt sound much but is quite a lot when you are at the bottom. They have 25 points from 21 games and they need another 13 from the last 17 games to be sure they will not be relegated. The season has not gone that well if you consider they made 63 points last season but they have made over 1 point a game so far and it is unlikely that results will continue to get even worse from here.

Actually nobody wanted Woy in the first place but it is one thing sacking and another taking responsibility for his replacement. The yanks original plan was to keep him in place I suspect until the end of the season. They figured as they didnt appoint him they would not be held responsible. However they didnt count on things going so badly wrong that it reached a stage that if they didnt sack him they would be held responsible. They still had the problem of who to replace him with while they were looking for a permanent manager. What they did not want to do was take the initative and sack Roy and say appoint Dalglish because if they appointed him people would expect them to back it up with financial commitment which they are not yet prepared to make. So they were very happy to effectively pass the buck to the fan base.

Whatever happens to Dalglish no blame will fall on Fenway, rather like no blame fell for Hodgson and they dont have to back him by funds. NESV have been very careful since the purchase to not take responsibility when they do not have the management and the resources to back them up. It must have been very tempting to walk in and tell Hodgson that despite the fact he signed a 3 year contract for a six month job they were not going to honor it and he could piss off but as it was going to be a shitty year for Liverpool they did well to let him hang his lack of credibility out to dry. And Liverpool fans do appreciate how much he has united all Liverpool supporters and the owners who winged him an email to tell him he was fired.

Good points, good post.

Even as an Everton fan I don't think Liverpool will go down, but it could get very, very messy. And if you don't beat us, that will be 3 losses out of 3 for King Kevvy - sorry Kenny.

What do you think might have happened had Dalgleish been appointed instead of Hodgson?

And I wonder how that kid with the beach ball at Sunderland last season feels about subsequent events! Unless I'm wrong, that seemed to be when Liverpool plain ran out of luck.

Good points, good post.

Even as an Everton fan I don't think Liverpool will go down, but it could get very, very messy. And if you don't beat us, that will be 3 losses out of 3 for King Kevvy - sorry Kenny.

What do you think might have happened had Dalgleish been appointed instead of Hodgson?

And I wonder how that kid with the beach ball at Sunderland last season feels about subsequent events! Unless I'm wrong, that seemed to be when Liverpool plain ran out of luck.

doubt very much if any of them gave it a seconds thought,

7months ago he was dalglish the ex player

today, hes king kenny again.

just dont be expecting any miracles

Good points, good post.

Have you had a look at your own league position :D

Will be a mad atmosphere Sunday that's for sure! could go either way this one.

No need to quote the whole Quote Dev as i was highlighting the fact that he already seemed deluded, like a lot of you, into thinking you have a decent Team, when you quite clearly haven't..

MSingh, you honestly think United have a great team? They have maybe 3 or 4 class players, certainly no more than what Liverpool have, the difference being they are playing as a team

with confidence with a manager that knows whats best (not implying Kenney doesn't).

Most teams if not all would like to strenghten their team, Liverpool IMHO need 2 players for sure.

You guys need O'Neill with a promise of no owner interference. Unfortunately*, as the new owners will already know, he is the wrong religion, is he not? Stupid cultural sh$t is not just a preserve of Thailand :rolleyes:. Now if only Man U would start losing a few we could truly call the end of an era and the beginning of the search for the new leader. It doesn't have to a big club, as Nottingham Forest showed way back when. Particularly if the Blatter rules on profitability are adopted (which they should be)

* You only have to have stood on the Kop once to say 'unfortunately' and mean it, even if you are a regular supporter of another team; I'm watching the car crash that is Liverpool from behind the sofa through cracks in my fingers this year.

Yes - Blackpool are clearly the team of the season. Outstanding balls and where the hell did they find all that technique? Adams being bid for £2.5 m and some average to capable guy from Wolfsburg coming to Eastlands for ten times that - laughable.

Edited by SantiSuk

This was a classic game, after which Kenny's bottle went. I still have it on video in my stored possessions somewhere. Just looking at the goalscorers on each side brings a nice feeling of nostalgia.

http://life.hereisthecity.com/2011/01/13/20-years-since-the-game-of-the-century/

Sunday's game is going to be massive for both sides too, but Liverpool have more to lose if they lose.

I expect a sending off (Fellaini probably), a hotly disputed penalty (to Liverpool, obviously), and definitely not a nil nil scoreline.

Dalglish has had just two games in charge, one of which away to Man Utd. The team has been in decline since early/mid last season. He needs some games under his belt and i wish detractors would can it for now and give him a chance. I'm sure he'll secure limited funds from Henry this week and i'd put replacing that idiot Poulsen very high up on the list.

Woy got his 45 minutes now give kenny the rest of the season like a manager deserves and brush under the carpet memories of the despicable treatment of RH. :D

Dalglish has had just two games in charge, one of which away to Man Utd. The team has been in decline since early/mid last season. He needs some games under his belt and i wish detractors would can it for now and give him a chance. I'm sure he'll secure limited funds from Henry this week and i'd put replacing that idiot Poulsen very high up on the list.

Woy got his 45 minutes now give kenny the rest of the season like a manager deserves and brush under the carpet memories of the despicable treatment of RH. :D

Yes mate RH got a ful 45mins...but what if the unthinkable happens and mighty L'pool are bottom three come the beginning of April...:o

What will be your opinion then lads .....back him or sack him?

Yes mate RH got a ful 45mins...but what if the unthinkable happens and mighty L'pool are bottom three come the beginning of April...:o

What will be your opinion then lads .....back him or sack him?

You don't understand what it is to be a LFC fan. No one does. Oh, and its a unique club an all. :lol:

Dalglish has had just two games in charge, one of which away to Man Utd.

True enough, but the premature slagging and jibes from the detractors would have i'm sure been equally matched by premature jubilation, hailing and "in your face", "get in there" comments from the Liverpool fans, had they gone and won those two games, don't you think?