Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

we're still light a leftback and a centreback before the season starts. and if i'm being greedy another striker wouldn't go amiss, assuming that we still plan to ship ngog out.

downing is as good as done and will be a really good addition, would be happy with cissokho from lyon for the leftback spot. really do want a new sami hyypia at the back too but i'm buggered if i know who it is.

Fancy Bendtner as your second string target man? I don't rate him in the Arsenal set-up, but our set-up doesn't favour sending balls to a target man whereas you guys will get lots of practice with Carroll as your no1 target man.

Might sound odd but I have a feeling someone's going to make a bargain out of him and he has apparently never been on a losing Arsenal side when he's scored.

i wouldn't touch bendtner with a bargepole santi. think he's mentally unstable and a clumsy lummox. he's not even any good in the air for a big lad.

really pleased at getting downing, he'll be a really good addition. had an excellent season last year, is consistent, creative and will give us some of the width we've missed.

Can't say I disagree. The Germans must like unstable lazy lummoxes - apparently Hamburg and Dortmund are interested.

Downing is a good buy. Villa fans must be in even deeper despair than Gooners. At least once we have sold our two best players we have some decent ones left on the squad. Villa look like a championship side without Downing and Young.

villa are now darren bent + ten others. they've sold their two most creative players and chance creators and they neither like nor want their manager. not a fun time to be a villa supporter.

Yeah - I'd forgotten about Bent. He must be feeling pretty lonely right now. Don't suppose Makams will be shedding any tears over that!

here's one for abrak, from the bbc:

"DID YOU KNOW?

Downing completed more crosses in open play - 135 - than any other player in the Premier League last season. No other player has beaten that amount for any of the last three campaigns."

Dunno about playmakers, wingers and strikers, but, going on the match yesterday we need to be concentrating more on our defence. Should have been a priority, in fact, IMO

Ok, its only pre - season, but we were undone at the back, time and time again against Guangdong.

Thought JOE COLE was the best player on the pitch while he was on, and Aquilani didnt have too shabby a game, either.

Early days, yet, but could give Kenny and Comolli some food for thought.

And i can see the sense in pursuing Adam, now, too ;)

Penkoprod

Dunno about playmakers, wingers and strikers, but, going on the match yesterday we need to be concentrating more on our defence. Should have been a priority, in fact, IMO

Ok, its only pre - season, but we were undone at the back, time and time again against Guangdong.

Thought JOE COLE was the best player on the pitch while he was on, and Aquilani didnt have too shabby a game, either.

Early days, yet, but could give Kenny and Comolli some food for thought.

And i can see the sense in pursuing Adam, now, too ;)

Penkoprod

I dont know what Stevie thinks but I think we have just got stuck looking in the PL market. We most wanted Cahill but his wage demands are ridiculous. We seem to go off Enrique and Baines, Dann, Shawcross, Jones arent available. So I imagine we are going to look abroad and that one of the signings will be major. I dont think anyone has forgotten its a priority, there just hasnt been much headway. Did Agger play btw and was he fit?

Glad to hear about Cole, we might be able to sell him now.

As for Charlie Adam this chart was enough to convince me that he might be better at taking corners than Gerrard.

goals+generated+from+corners.png

Edited by Abrak

Downing good news was expecting that to drag on and on...

Watched the Guangdong game on LFC TV last night and was impressed with the youngsters again especially Conor Coady.

Adam already showing his passing range and looked great in the center - more please!

Andy needs a shave though :)

"DID YOU KNOW?

Downing completed more crosses in open play - 135 - than any other player in the Premier League last season. No other player has beaten that amount for any of the last three campaigns."

Very interesting given we have big Andy in the team!

Read somewhere that since August 2004, only 4 players (Lampard, Fabregas, Gerrard & Giggs) have created more PL chances than Stewart Downing

As for Charlie Adam this chart was enough to convince me that he might be better at taking corners than Gerrard.

gerrard's an appalling corner taker. has been for years. i'm sure over his career about 75% of his corners have never got past the first defender at the front post.

It seems that you might be offloading Cole to Villa. After securing Downing, if this also goes through it could be an early candidate for the best bit of business this window. Villa fans must be gutted at whats going on.

villa seemed to think they'd get nzogbia to replace downing but now sunderland look like they've leapfrogged them. if we can shift cole out off the wage bill - and even get a transfer fee for him - i'll be ecstatic.

we still need a leftback and a centreback though.

villa seemed to think they'd get nzogbia to replace downing but now sunderland look like they've leapfrogged them. if we can shift cole out off the wage bill - and even get a transfer fee for him - i'll be ecstatic.

Don't we all.

I'll tell you what, whilst rumours are just rumours, theres one involving Alex or Sturridge plus cash for Modric. That would be very much of interest. Our center back situation is an accident waiting to happen.

Back on topic, i'd have thought Liverpool would be interested in Alex too. Cahill stills seems to be on the open market too. His final destination is one of the more interesting aspects of the window. Top quality player.

Don't we all.

I'll tell you what, whilst rumours are just rumours, theres one involving Alex or Sturridge plus cash for Modric. That would be very much of interest. Our center back situation is an accident waiting to happen.

Back on topic, i'd have thought Liverpool would be interested in Alex too. Cahill stills seems to be on the open market too. His final destination is one of the more interesting aspects of the window. Top quality player.

chelsea won't sell to us and at 29 i'm not sure alex would move to a non-champions league club anyway. not to mention that he's chelsea's best centreback anyway in my opinion. fantastic player.

cahill would be nice, i also really like dejan lovren at lyon and mamadou sakho at PSG. we've also today been linked with sebastian coates, fuc_king giant of a uruguay centreback currently away at the copa america.

Don't we all.

chelsea won't sell to us and at 29 i'm not sure alex would move to a non-champions league club anyway. not to mention that he's chelsea's best centreback anyway in my opinion. fantastic player.

cahill would be nice, i also really like dejan lovren at lyon and mamadou sakho at PSG. we've also today been linked with sebastian coates, fuc_king giant of a uruguay centreback currently away at the copa america.

I think I might have mentioned this before but the reason that Cahill is not moving is that he is holding out for 120k+ a week wages. No way Liverpool will pay and no way Spurs will pay.

I think there is a problem with Dejan and getting a wrok permit from what I remember. There is also supposed to be a really good Uruguayan LB too (in the 17m range) and I do think it would be nice of us to get Suarez a friend to play with.

"DID YOU KNOW?

Very interesting given we have big Andy in the team!

Read somewhere that since August 2004, only 4 players (Lampard, Fabregas, Gerrard & Giggs) have created more PL chances than Stewart Downing

I thought that was ashley young number7 all time assists,beckham henry faberglas cantona bergkamp giggs di canio the six players ahead of young so i doubt downing is ahead of young,,last season nani 18 assists tops the list rooney had 11 as did young, downing had 9 assists.

Impressive amount of crosses but 135 how many goals created?

Abrak ....you see, we at United know are statistics...but we have all the trophys to back them up as well

Some of your stats are enjoyable reading but that's all they are,the stats at the end of the season is what matters in trophy's

Manchester-United-Premier-League-Champions-300x225.jpg

Sometimes you undermine your club and their success talking about stats but i don't want you to stop. biggrin.gif

If any of you Liverpool fans wish me to remove the offending picture from the Liverpool thread, let me know ;)

I'd like this image removed from the entire forum.

I'm willing to reinvent myself as king benny or rafa the red to support my argument but 'm not dressing up as an arab and exposing myself for anyone. Not any more. Them days is over.

I'm surprised as well by the level of investment from the yanks..,..good signings as well. Top four contenders next year I'd reckon. A lot still willdepend on Gerrard and whether Carroll can continuew to improve but given Dalglish is running the show nothing would surprise me.

As one who only always wishes those red fellows across the park the best of luck, I will be interested to see next season how these buys gel and how Liverpool perform as a team. They will actually benefit from no European football as well next season.

My guess is they will do well, and finish 5th, behind United, City, Chelsea, one other (no, not Everton, sadly, but maybe Spurs, who I now reckon Liverpool have as good squad as), then Liverpool.

Other personal Ones to Watch are Villa, who could be relegation scrappers, Arsenal, who could seriously end up being mid-table fodder, and Sunderland, with their interesting buying.

As one who only always wishes those red fellows across the park the best of luck, I will be interested to see next season how these buys gel and how Liverpool perform as a team. They will actually benefit from no European football as well next season.

My guess is they will do well, and finish 5th, behind United, City, Chelsea, one other (no, not Everton, sadly, but maybe Spurs, who I now reckon Liverpool have as good squad as), then Liverpool.

Other personal Ones to Watch are Villa, who could be relegation scrappers, Arsenal, who could seriously end up being mid-table fodder, and Sunderland, with their interesting buying.

The show's not over for Arsenal until the fat lady sings, but she's scheduled to perform in about 4 weeks time.

The show's not over for Arsenal until the fat lady sings, but she's scheduled to perform in about 4 weeks time.

Arsenes bit on the side is not a fat lady, he a bloke and he does'nt sing, apparently he's an actor.

Arsenes bit on the side is not a fat lady, he a bloke and he does'nt sing, apparently he's an actor.

He's quite young isn't he.....who would have thought it?