Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

The flabbergasted bit was just some bait thrown in but disappointingly no one bit, which was rather worrying because i sensed confidence from that in your ranks. i was sure that atleast Dev would bite!!

I see - a bit of comedy. Actually we have been seeing plenty of that from you lot and Arsenal. And more to come over the next two days I expect. How exactly will Levy wield his pen? Will Arsene suddenly stock up 5 minutes before closing time?

And Liverpool suddenly look like a well oiled machine compared to the shambles they were last year (and for the past couple of years.) We have looked incredibly well organized during the transfer window. One thing I think Liverpool have got right is a management structure that creates a seamless integration between the owners, Ayre, DC and KD while others see that as a recipe for power struggles and conflict. KD and DC seemed to have worked very well together during this transfer window.

While Arsene Wenger simply states 'I' decide what is good or bad for this club, 'I' recruit whoever, 'I' have got it right in the past, he risks the fact that he will end up a victim of his own vanity.

The flabbergasted bit was just some bait thrown in but disappointingly no one bit, which was rather worrying because i sensed confidence from that in your ranks. i was sure that atleast Dev would bite!!

I see - a bit of comedy. Actually we have been seeing plenty of that from you lot and Arsenal. And more to come over the next two days I expect. How exactly will Levy wield his pen? Will Arsene suddenly stock up 5 minutes before closing time?

And Liverpool suddenly look like a well oiled machine compared to the shambles they were last year (and for the past couple of years.) We have looked incredibly well organized during the transfer window. One thing I think Liverpool have got right is a management structure that creates a seamless integration between the owners, Ayre, DC and KD while others see that as a recipe for power struggles and conflict. KD and DC seemed to have worked very well together during this transfer window.

While Arsene Wenger simply states 'I' decide what is good or bad for this club, 'I' recruit whoever, 'I' have got it right in the past, he risks the fact that he will end up a victim of his own vanity.

the difference at liverpool from 12 months ago is simply stunning.we are unrecognisable on and off the pitch. 12 months ago we were signing poulsen, konchesky and joe cole while flogging another top player, mascherano, to barcelona. then we were getting set for roy's relegation scrap.

i've been nothing but impressed by john henry and the new owners and also damien commoli this summer. refreshing times indeed eh?

the difference at liverpool from 12 months ago is simply stunning.we are unrecognisable on and off the pitch. 12 months ago we were signing poulsen, konchesky and joe cole while flogging another top player, mascherano, to barcelona. then we were getting set for roy's relegation scrap.

i've been nothing but impressed by john henry and the new owners and also damien commoli this summer. refreshing times indeed eh?

konchesky - you could of stopped there Stevie :D

As Carmine and a few have said there's a long long way to go yet though but what a good start for once... its all about getting points on the board and building confidence with the new squad.

I just wonder if like me others Reds will be gutted if we don't make 4th this year !! the fact is it will no doubt be close again for 3rd,4th,5th 6th places. But expectations are high now with the money invested and the good start we have.

Ones things for sure we can dream again !

Talking of a well organized transfer window, the 'ins' are pretty easy to track. The 'outs' also now make up a pretty impressive list.

Players out

Potter

Saric

Chamberlain

Irwin

Bruna

Ince

Ayala

Konchesky

Jovanovic

Insua

Soto

El Zhar

Mavinga

Poulsen

On Loan

Pacheco

Aquilani

Hansen

Darby

Galusci

Joe Cole

Which leaves us with Ngog and Degen (and probably a few others.) On the sign-up front, I think we would all like to see a back-up striker signing to replace Ngog but that is about it.

Rumor has it that Bellamy isnt going anywhere because City refuse to pay out on the balance of his contract to let him go. So are they going to give him a number in their 25 man squad?

And in total that makes 26 transfers I believe, which is pretty impressive.

I see Liverpool have seemingly secured the move of Sebastian Coates.

He's a big strong defender, 6' 6" and was in the Uruguayan team that recently won the Copa America. He won the award for best young player of the tournament and he's not 21 until October.

If it is all true, then this sounds like another shrewd signing by Kenny whilst other manager's sit playing with their rubic cube.

He's not Ralph Coates' son by any chance? huh.gif

Edited by uptheos

it's not seemingly any more, it's done. and yep, delighted with this bit of business considering that he's exactly what teams like arsenal and spurs should be going after right now. apparently our having suarez and him bigging the club up to coates helped to sweeten the deal.

coates03.jpg

it's not seemingly any more, it's done. and yep, delighted with this bit of business considering that he's exactly what teams like arsenal and spurs should be going after right now. apparently our having suarez and him bigging the club up to coates helped to sweeten the deal.

coates03.jpg

Well, he's not French and Harry probably has never heard of him....so it's no surprise. wink.gif

Well, he's not French and Harry probably has never heard of him....so it's no surprise. wink.gif

never having heard of a player doesn't normally stop redknapp mouthing off to all and sundry about him. the massive scrotum-faced gobshite.

Hey that's a good point. Liverpool havent signed anyone from the French league/ligue/Liga/whatever. Comolli spends half his time there. Just hope he is traveling economy.

coates03.jpg

Why should Spurs and arse be after him, he's unproven in the premiership and both teams need someone for the first team now.

Spurs also have a young boy (Caulker) already playing in the premiership and at a younger age than this guy.

Edited by alfieconn

Hey that's a good point. Liverpool havent signed anyone from the French league/ligue/Liga/whatever. Comolli spends half his time there. Just hope he is traveling economy.

if poulsen goes to evian and joe cole to lille then commoli's time in france will have been plenty justified.

Why should Spurs and arse be after him, he's unproven in the premiership and both teams need someone for the first team now.

he's already good enough to get into both arsenal and spurs' teams. not to mention arsenal have again signed two defenders with zero premiership experience.

coates03.jpg

I bet you can't wait until a new shirt is brought out can you stevie? That design and material is so 80's/90's.

I bet you can't wait until a new shirt is brought out can you stevie? That design and material is so 80's/90's.

i don't really remember the last time i genuinely liked one of our shirts really mate. the last one that wasn't a load of marketing-based mess was probably the 1984 umbro pinstriped one with the v-neck! though a couple of the champions league ones in the past six or seven years have been alright, the domestic ones have mostly been bloody awful.

Talking of a well organized transfer window, the 'ins' are pretty easy to track. The 'outs' also now make up a pretty impressive list.

Players out

Potter

Saric

Chamberlain

Irwin

Bruna

Ince

Ayala

Konchesky

Jovanovic

Insua

Soto

El Zhar

Mavinga

Poulsen

On Loan

Pacheco

Aquilani

Hansen

Darby

Galusci

Joe Cole

Which leaves us with Ngog and Degen (and probably a few others.) On the sign-up front, I think we would all like to see a back-up striker signing to replace Ngog but that is about it.

Rumor has it that Bellamy isnt going anywhere because City refuse to pay out on the balance of his contract to let him go. So are they going to give him a number in their 25 man squad?

And in total that makes 26 transfers I believe, which is pretty impressive.

Can't understand why you guys are considering resigning Yossi. Step backwards IMHO.

if poulsen goes to evian and joe cole to lille then commoli's time in france will have been plenty justified.

he's already good enough to get into both arsenal and spurs' teams. not to mention arsenal have again signed two defenders with zero premiership experience.

How can you say he's not good enough for spurs when you've only seen him play a few games in the copa america :o if your saying that he's better than King then he should piss liverpools team cos king is better than any central defender you have even with one leg,oh i forgot, every player Liverpool sign is a great player until you get rid of them a year or two later.:D

Edited by alfieconn

How can you say he's not good enough for spurs when you've only seen him play a few games in the copa america :o if your saying that he's better than King then he should piss liverpools team cos king is better than any central defender you have even with one leg,oh i forgot, every player Liverpool sign is a great player until you get rid of them a year or two later.:D

king's alright. shame he's made of balsa wood like.

ngog has gone to bolton, 4m or thereabouts. which i think must mean we are confident of getting another forward in on transfer deadline day.

Bolton are picking up some good solid pros at the moment,i think they are still after SWP and Boyata has signed too,with the addition of Eggnog they will have a good squad.

ngog has gone to bolton, 4m or thereabouts. which i think must mean we are confident of getting another forward in on transfer deadline day.

Bolton are picking up some good solid pros at the moment,i think they are still after SWP and Boyata has signed too,with the addition of Eggnog they will have a good squad.

SWP supposedly in talks with QPR as well.

The implication being that Ngog's departure will leave a hole?! laugh.gif

heh. well it'll mean a vacancy in the squad of 25 at any rate.

poor sod was just shown on tv leaving melwood with his possessions in a black bin bag.

poor sod was just shown on tv leaving melwood with his possessions in a black bin bag.

He made a mathematical difference. biggrin.gif

And who was in the bag :D Degan? not many left now...

And who was in the bag :D Degan? not many left now...

it was probably joe cole's leftover pies that he couldn't quite wolf down before he departed to the land of croissants and boeuf en croute.

only degen and brad jones left from the bad old days now really.