Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Dysmal performance. probably as bad if not worse than any of the games under Dalglish or Hodgson last season.

The team seemed to totally lose it composure when facing up to another team that was better than them on the day. A number of the challenges that resulted in cards simply reflected the fact that Liverpool hacked down Spurs players who had got the better of them. Taking out their frustrations with ill-discipline.

To be fair to Spurs they looked very good. Both Parker and especially Adebayor look to be very canny signings. I guess we can only hope that Adebayor is as flakey as many people say he is. A comparison between him and Carroll was none too flattering.

Beyond the ill-discipline, a number of Liverpool players did look to be simply not good enough.

Edited by Abrak

Dysmal performance. probably as bad if not worse than any of the games under Dalglish or Hodgson last season.

The team seemed to totally lose it composure when facing up to another team that was better than them on the day. A number of the challenges that resulted in cards simply reflected the fact that Liverpool hacked down Spurs players who had got the better of them. Taking out their frustrations with ill-discipline.

To be fair to Spurs they looked very good. Both Parker and especially Adebayor look to be very canny signings. I guess we can only hope that Adebayor is as flakey as many people say he is. A comparison between him and Carroll was none too flattering.

Beyond the ill-discipline, a number of Liverpool players did look to be simply not good enough.

One poor performance does'nt make you a poor side. Perhaps a reality check is no bad thing. We certainly got ours in our first two games. I don't think Dalglish will be very impressed with the ill discipline though. We played very well but the Liverpool players really didn't help themselves.

Plus points would be that Arsenal are rubbish and Chelsea really arn't that much better then either of us.

Edited by carmine

The reason Dalglish was so pissed off apart from getting spanked was the indisipline by a few of his players..... after this week having his private orgy with the refs association and being made to look a prize plum by his players behaviour the week after! sort of backfired that did.Watching Suarez sulking was nearly as funny as seeing Torrez mis the sitter. :D

Welcome back Stevie G ;)

Really wonder about you Abrak stick to your stats for <deleted> - end off.

What bit don't you agree with might i ask?

Come off it carms....its the unbiased and rational comments "bit" Dev don't like!

Come off it carms....its the unbiased and rational comments "bit" Dev don't like!

Do you mean "SOME TRUTH" on the Pool thread ???? :o

BT

"To be fair to Spurs they looked very good"

They only looked good when playing piggy in the middle against 9 men.

Against 10 they were being disposessed easily on the ball and couldn't find their own players with a pass.

Redknapp said: "I thought we played some fantastic football" - I'll have some of what he's smoking thanks.

Against 10 they were being disposessed easily on the ball and couldn't find their own players with a pass.

Redknapp said: "I thought we played some fantastic football" - I'll have some of what he's smoking thanks.

What a load of <deleted> :D Classless post. Learn to lose gracefully

Edited by carmine

Do you mean "SOME TRUTH" on the Pool thread ???? :o

BT

Exactly that. I'd like to know where those who were predicting third place have got to this morning. biggrin.gif

Last season they couldn't make a european spot they buy a few half decent players and think they can romp it.

As we've been saying on the Tottenham thread our side aint bad...Adebayor looks a great addition so far and Parker is quality...but we already knew that. Point is we would have finished top four with no problem last season just with Adebayor in the team. I don't see the same level of consistency or quality running through this Liverpool side. To be honest I thought we should have had half a dozen by the end.

Fifth or sixth for you lot I'm afraid.

Well the salient fact that we cant argue with is that we lost the match 4-0.

Now I cant remember when Liverpool last lost a league match by more than 4 goals. We were beaten 4-0 by Man U in 2002 and we were beaten 4-0 in 1983 by Coventry. And there was an infamous 4-0 loss to Everton in 1964 at Anfield.

As to when Liverpool lost a match by more than 4 goals my guess is that you would have to go back to 1954 - a year in which we managed some massively heroic defeats. But since we entered the first division in 1961-62, I dont think that Liverpool have ever been beaten by more than 4 goals.

To make it worse, Spurs are a low scoring team. This match was the first time that they had beaten a team in the Premiership by more than 2 goals since December 2009 (Man City 3-0 - times have changed).

So I pretty much feel - we were crap, they were quite good - pretty much sums up the stats.

What a load of <deleted> :D Classless post. Learn to lose gracefully

My team won 3-0 B)

Exactly that. I'd like to know where those who were predicting third place have got to this morning. biggrin.gif

Last season they couldn't make a european spot they buy a few half decent players and think they can romp it.

As we've been saying on the Tottenham thread our side aint bad...Adebayor looks a great addition so far and Parker is quality...but we already knew that. Point is we would have finished top four with no problem last season just with Adebayor in the team. I don't see the same level of consistency or quality running through this Liverpool side. To be honest I thought we should have had half a dozen by the end.

The argument that IF Man City had lent you Adebayor and paid half his salary, that you would probably have beat Man City, is little more than a wet dream.

Now I cant remember when Liverpool last lost a league match by more than 4 goals. We were beaten 4-0 by Man U in 2002 and we were beaten 4-0 in 1983 by Coventry. And there was an infamous 4-0 loss to Everton in 1964 at Anfield.

As to when Liverpool lost a match by more than 4 goals my guess is that you would have to go back to 1954 - a year in which we managed some massively heroic defeats. But since we entered the first division in 1961-62, I dont think that Liverpool have ever been beaten by more than 4 goals.

To make it worse, Spurs are a low scoring team. This match was the first time that they had beaten a team in the Premiership by more than 2 goals since December 2009 (Man City 3-0 - times have changed).

So I pretty much feel - we were crap, they were quite good - pretty much sums up the stats.

Good stats :)

You wrote - Beyond the ill-discipline, a number of Liverpool players did look to be simply not good enough.

It was this bit that pissed me off to be honest more so its the general knee jerk response I see more of these days after a bad result. People jumping on the likes of Carroll,Skrtel,Adam, Henderson, Kuyt, Carra - pisses me right off it really does...give it some time that's all I am saying before judging this squad.

It was a shockingly bad team effort and we got of too a very slow start against a Spurs side who were up for this! who played some excellent footie at times. I think Kenny got it a bit wrong also not playing Kuyt in front of Skrtel.

I can forgive the little Bitter who pops on here from time time but get behind your team Abrak or show some support.

Moving on at least this cheered me up somewhat even if it was against that lot :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDCSir4TY5o

The argument that IF Man City had lent you Adebayor and paid half his salary, that you would probably have beat Man City, is little more than a wet dream.

I think you'll find the Arse finished fourth last season...so yeah we would have taken that spot. As we will this season. smile.gif

I can forgive the little Bitter who pops on here from time time

That's lovely. Thanks.

Although for the past 2 seasons the bitter half of Merseyside is definitely wearing red, when not indulging in collective false consciousness or Stockholm Syndrome about Rafa or Roy, the unfairness of beach balls, railing at refs, unquestioningly accepting what their Amercian Overlords tell them, or failing to show concern when they brought in an unproven, sub-standard Keegan-esque manager, wholly unproven in the modern Premier League.

And then to cap it all, buying that carthorse Carroll for a zillion quid.

Even I'd be bitter.

Amazingly the tv announcer said after viewing the replay of adams high boot into the leg of parker? and 2nd yellow, "I don't think that was worthy of a yellow".

Agreed, as some would see it as a red. I think the only reason some would say it's not a yellow card is because his eyes were clearly on the ball and there was no intent to harm another player, at all. In the end it was reckless but he seemed to have no clue Parker was so close. For that reason I'd say it would definitely not be a red, but a yellow seemed justified.

I read glowing reviews of the referee's consistency on some reports and it seems like while he was strict as can be on Liverpool players, he forgot to book Tottenham players for clear bookings (judging by his strict interpretation on the day) when they handled the ball. Most notably Parker, I think it was, who obviously handled the ball with his arm above the head in the second half. And yet no booking? Ridiculous given his supposed "consistency" on the day.

Oh do go on, sir, you seem to have the table quite figured out 8 months in advance there, aye, old chap?

I think I'll not agree with such a cocksure prediction, even though you used the phrase, "I'm afraid."

I just love that phrase, makes someone's opinion seem so authoritative even when it's just a guess...

Let's have some perspective, aye? The last 3 goals came when it was 11 men against 9. Seems a pretty relevant "stat," Abrak!

We did not play well 11 versus 11, but were hanging in there with 10 men. If Skrtel hadn't made such a nonsensical challenge when he was already on a yellow, who knows what would have happened? Not sure we could have got a goal but I don't think it would have been 4-0.

Edited by Jimjim

last 8 liverpool - spurs matches have resulted in no draws and there's usually goals involved. so yeah, shouldn't be boring anyway.

It certainly wasn't boring, was it? Not in terms of talking points, anyway. After we went down to 9 men Spurs just passed it around until the match ended, essentially. Kind of hard to get to the ball when you're down two men.

Yes it was all the refs fault. Not a bunch of professionals behaving like amateurs at all. Get a grip jimjim, we didn't even have to try hard and were well on top before any sendings off. :whistling: Although Andy Carrol caused Ledley and is one knee all sorts of poblems. :lol:

Why don't you stop belly aching and just hold your hands up? Its just one game and i'm sure you'll still finish third because you are much better than us with a much more talented squad and Efan Ekoku and Robbie Earle both think you'll finish top four.

I'd love to know what you lot would have posted after that performance if Roy was your manager. :whistling:

Yes i wonder?^

Only Abrak has said it like it is,stats or no stats.

They have little reason to be concerned but, judging by the defensive reaction, it appears Dev, and jimjim actually are. I would worry however about the pedestrian Charlie Adam, because he really is slow but i don't believe Jordan Henderson is as bad as he's trying to make us believe.

Yes it was all the refs fault. Not a bunch of professionals behaving like amateurs at all. Get a grip jimjim, we didn't even have to try hard and were well on top before any sendings off. :whistling: Although Andy Carrol caused Ledley and is one knee all sorts of poblems. :lol:

Why don't you stop belly aching and just hold your hands up? Its just one game and i'm sure you'll still finish third because you are much better than us with a much more talented squad and Efan Ekoku and Robbie Earle both think you'll finish top four.

I'd love to know what you lot would have posted after that performance if Roy was your manager. :whistling:

You should know by now it's never the players or the fans fault, someone else is always to blame.

Agreed, as some would see it as a red. I think the only reason some would say it's not a yellow card is because his eyes were clearly on the ball and there was no intent to harm another player, at all. In the end it was reckless but he seemed to have no clue Parker was so close. For that reason I'd say it would definitely not be a red, but a yellow seemed justified.

I read glowing reviews of the referee's consistency on some reports and it seems like while he was strict as can be on Liverpool players, he forgot to book Tottenham players for clear bookings (judging by his strict interpretation on the day) when they handled the ball. Most notably Parker, I think it was, who obviously handled the ball with his arm above the head in the second half. And yet no booking? Ridiculous given his supposed "consistency" on the day.

[Jim, you talk about consistency and use Parker's handball as an example, you obviously failed to see Coates foul on Adebayor when he had a clear goal scoring opportunity which should have been a red or Suarez''s fore arm smash on Parker which was also a red :o

Edited by alfieconn

[Jim, you talk about consistency and use Parker's handball as an example, you obviously failed to see Coates foul on Adebayor when he had a clear goal scoring opportunity which should have been a red or Suarez''s fore arm smash on Parker which was also a red :o

Actually the containment of Suarez was a real high point for me. We also did a decent job on Downing who's been very good so far this season. The Ledley/Carroll mismatch was hilarious.

Live in denial if you want but if your players continue to go out with that sort of ill discipline then it'll be a long season for you and whether jim and dev agree i doubt but i bet Dalglish would.

Edited by carmine