Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Liverpool are also the most popular supported side in Thailand, by a distance. Thaksin knew it when he tried to buy the club

singapore too i think. though i think united are bigger in malaysia.

Wasn't a pre season friendly this year in KL against one of the premier league teams attended by over 80000. Impressive is that.

carroll benched in favour of the better movement of kuyt and suarez.

no rooney or nani for them, jones in defensive mid. talk about coming for a point. got to get into these from the off.

HAAAAHAAAA YOU ARE NOT THAT GOOD....HALF TIME NOW AND A STROLL IN HE PARK ......MUPPETS.........

carroll benched in favour of the better movement of kuyt and suarez.

no rooney or nani for them, jones in defensive mid. talk about coming for a point. got to get into these from the off.

HAAAAHAAAA YOU ARE NOT THAT GOOD....HALF TIME NOW AND A STROLL IN HE PARK ......MUPPETS.........

wow. who knew that mr ed knew where the caps lock button was?

ferdinand should have gone, we could have had a peno, we were by far the better side. frustrating that. thought united were negative and gash myself but hey ho. sure their fans are delighted with a defensive, pocket-picking point.

wow. who knew that mr ed knew where the caps lock button was?

ferdinand should have gone, we could have had a peno, we were by far the better side. frustrating that. thought united were negative and gash myself but hey ho. sure their fans are delighted with a defensive, pocket-picking point.

By far the better side? Bit strong that if i may say. You certainly were on top for the whole of the first half. And you had the better chances throughout. But i think our tactic was always to work slowly into the game and build to a strong finish - which is exactly what we did. Last 20 minutes we looked more up for going for the three points; underlined by our substitutions.

Point each seemed about fair to me.

(Two things that did disappoint me. One, Evra doing the give him a card gesture. Hate that. The other, Suarez's troubles staying on his feet. Didn't think he was that bad. Guess it is the South American thing. What's he been doing? Watching reruns of Nani in his first couple of seasons and trying to emulate? OK, not quite as bad as he has been, but getting close. Oh, i said two things.. one more... what the <deleted> was Giggs thinking of? Was like he was trying to make a gap for Gerrard.)

I think the game is best summed up by Red Nose being far happier with his point than Dalglish. I also think Andy's going to have a problem getting in the side and you are arguably a better shape without him.

Don't think Rio has long left at this level.

I think the game is best summed up by Red Nose being far happier with his point than Dalglish. I also think Andy's going to have a problem getting in the side and you are arguably a better shape without him.

You could sum it up just as well by looking at the manure thread....yeah its very quiet this am.....biggrin.gif

Best performance by the scousers so far this season....all except the final ball in the net. Bit of a concern that is for us...keep it up and yeah you will be challenging us for fourth....

You could sum it up just as well by looking at the manure thread....yeah its very quiet this am.....biggrin.gif

Best performance by the scousers so far this season....all except the final ball in the net. Bit of a concern that is for us...keep it up and yeah you will be challenging us for fourth....

They were ok mate but i think you're rather over enthused! :D

They were ok mate but i think you're rather over enthused! :D

True...and they will be forced to play their £35m sometime....biggrin.gif

I was slightly surprised to see a survey that placed Liverpool 4th in terms of support of a global fan base in the EPL with 71m fans behind Man U (354m), Chelsea (135m), Arsenal (113m) and 7th globally behind Real, Barcelona and Milan. Living in Thailand I have always rather felt that Liverpool were the number 2 best supported team and of course they may well be. But Thailand hardly constitutes the world and things could be very different in China or India.

I notice on facebook that Livevpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are pretty close.

Utd - 19,925,432 likes

Arsenal - 7,730,787 likes

Chelsea - 7,392,831 likes

Liverpool - 7,221,447 likes

Man City - 1,101,715 likes

Spurs - 826,098 likes

How did I miss this?

Abrak basing his teams support on Facebook.

Absolutely hilarious!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Downing deserved to get an assist. Those were two pinpoint, delicious crosses to Kuyt and later Henderson. Shows his true crossing ability, that.

We had more possession, 56-44. We created more chances, 15-11 with 5 on target to United's 2. We had more corners, 8-3. De Gea had far more work to do than Reina. 3 yellows for Man U, 1 for us.

Draw a fair result? Hmmm, maybe it was not unfair but we were the better side and a win would have been more fair on that display. Created some great chances and should have put at least one more in the back of the net.

So, I was disappointed at the end, without a doubt, but I was impressed by the display overall and of course it's nice to take a point off the league leaders, though a small consolation.

I did not see any clear penalties in that game from either side. I think both Evans and Enrique's hand balls in the box were ball to hand, clearly.

I think Giggs clearly had a tenner on Gerrard for the first goal scored.

Seeing now some accusations by Evra against Suarez, now. Just saw a story in the last hour about it. If true, immensely disappointing.

I was slightly surprised to see a survey that placed Liverpool 4th in terms of support of a global fan base in the EPL with 71m fans behind Man U (354m), Chelsea (135m), Arsenal (113m) and 7th globally behind Real, Barcelona and Milan. Living in Thailand I have always rather felt that Liverpool were the number 2 best supported team and of course they may well be. But Thailand hardly constitutes the world and things could be very different in China or India.

I notice on facebook that Livevpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are pretty close.

Utd - 19,925,432 likes

Arsenal - 7,730,787 likes

Chelsea - 7,392,831 likes

Liverpool - 7,221,447 likes

Man City - 1,101,715 likes

Spurs - 826,098 likes

How did I miss this?

Abrak basing his teams support on Facebook.

Absolutely hilarious!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Very little wrong with using Facebook as a comparative base for assessing team support even if you might find it funny.

You should bear in mind two things.

1) We know very little about a supporter or a fan of a club is? I mean does that mean he goes as far as watching the team on television? Can he name one of their players, let alone his shirt sponsor? Or does he go to every fixture and can he spell Aurasma?

2) We actually have very little idea of how many supporters of any kind a team has apart from the ones that turn up through the gates (which is likely to be a lot less than 1% of the total) as they happen to be the same bleeding people week after week.

So our expensive Consultancy Group went out and did a survey where they polled 1000 people in 26 different countries. I imagine this was quite a costly survey covering 26,000 people but they might just have been cheap and only interviewed a 1000. Still interviewing 1000 people in China means the person you interviewed represents 800,000 other people. And what exactly did they ask him 'what football team do you support?'.

So Man U they say has 354m fans, Chelsea 135m and Liverpool 71m. But we tend to think that is crap. No way Chelsea has double Liverpool. But does that mean that Chelsea has 71m fans or Liverpool 135m? Who knows right? In fact you know pretty well next to nothing which when companies are spending US$100ms on sponsorships and naming rights is a bit strange.

So if you do want to find out something pretty well the first sensible place you would go and look is Facebook. They have 750m profiles signed up (of which about 375m are active). And that represents a fair proportion of the 2 billion online population with the remaining 4 billion hardly able to feed themselves (in which case their support for Man Utd is something of a moot point from a commercial point of view).

The question is passive so they have to be active to answer it. (You cannot vote more than once unless you have multiple accounts (unlike American Idol)). It is independent so you can choose to like say the Boston Red Sox. Furthermore we have the age profile, nationality and a ton of more information about the respondents and about the profile of a Facebook user. For instance, as well as those who choose to 'like' LFC, there will be those who dont but say LFC is amongst their interests or follow two or more LFC footballers. Furthermore there will be lots of evidence of how much the 'likers' actually 'like' LFC by looking at things like the 'likes' and 'interests' of their 'friends'.

Anyway I can tell you there is very little you cant find out about 375m people posting their lives on the internet and not just about the 375m people but about the remaining 5.4bn.

It is also easy to see that say Liverpool has a much higher global fan base than the Boston Red Sox (2.4m) likes despite the higher relative penetration of Facebook in the US.

Anyway I do agree that it is funny that Spurs only have 800,000 'likes'.

To tell you the truth the only important thing to know about Spurs' support is that we have about 27000 season tickets holders and a similar amount or more on the waiting list, thus, its very important we get a new stadium.

Who cares what facebook says, but The Social Networks a good film. ;)

To tell you the truth the only important thing to know about Spurs' support is that we have about 27000 season tickets holders and a similar amount or more on the waiting list, thus, its very important we get a new stadium.

Who cares what facebook says, but The Social Networks a good film. ;)

Actually I am going to 100% totally disagree with you on this point. Actually what is really going to matter 'commercially' is all those spotty, pc, TV , Facebook orientated fans. You see they will drive commercial income which is not only a growing stream of income but is 'money for nothing'. You as a club 'dont invest a penny' and 'people give you money' for say your 'name on their shirt' or 'to make your kit' in fact they may end up up giving you 'something for nothing' like a new stadium.

Now 'match day revenues' are not a growing business if you care to look at the top six clubs and secondly those 'season ticket queues'can prove quite ephemeral. I believe the Liverpool season ticket queue is 45,000 on top of 28,000 holders they already have.

But this is the real reason that a new stadium doesnt work as creamy smooth as everybody thinks it does. (If you think about it, it doesnt, or it already would have been built.)

Look at the 'Emirates' this has been a fantastic stadium. It moved Arsenal's matchday revenues from 45m to 100m although they have since fallen back to 93m since it opened. But at the same time they have been restricted in the amount they could invest in new signings (ok they could have done more but not a lot more). The reason is not just that the interest payments on the debt they take on (a new stadium will be about 400m).

But the real kicker (that people dont quite understand) is that to a lender a stadium is not like a house (that has value to someone else) and they want fairly immediate repayment. In fact Arsenal were quite lucky (as Wenger consistently points out) in that their reduced spending did not lead to their absence from the CL. In which case the 50m of extra matchday revenues would have been offset by 30m of reduced other revenues.

So look Spurs have spent something like net spend of 152m on their team since Harry came and increased their debt 100m. If they have to spend 400m on a new stadium, get 100m in naming rights, get 1,000 pounds a year from 20,000 additional seasonal ticket holders they still need at least 50m of additional funding from Boris and that still leaves you no net positive spend on your team for ten years. Anyway you do the maths - it costs a lot, the additional revenues arent much and you have to pay back the debt quite quickly (in addition you have no net assets or positive cash flow.) But by my reckoning Spurs or Liverpool for that matter arent going to get more than 35m a year of additional revenues out of a new stadium and that makes it 10 years at least until you see the benefits.

Looking forward to our trip to Anfield this weekend, nothing to lose for the Canaries. I wonder if Liverpool will have an "off" day like so many teams we have played this season so far, its nothing to do with how good Norwich are playing, its always the other team "not turning up" or "our defense where sleeping" "we were carless" Heard them all so far this season. Anyway time will tell.

Norwich were the last team to play against Liverpool when they had the standing Kop 0-1 (Goss) and got applauded off the pitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99uJAjeU2g

Looking forward to our trip to Anfield this weekend, nothing to lose for the Canaries. I wonder if Liverpool will have an "off" day like so many teams we have played this season so far, its nothing to do with how good Norwich are playing, its always the other team "not turning up" or "our defense where sleeping" "we were carless" Heard them all so far this season. Anyway time will tell.

Norwich were the last team to play against Liverpool when they had the standing Kop 0-1 (Goss) and got applauded off the pitch

i was at that match mate and norwich deserved that win. my county youth team coach at the time was jeremy goss's cousin as well and swore that he'd score against us. funny.

you lot have been playing well this season and i still can't believe you came away from old trafford empty handed. lambert strikes me as a smart manager too.

i was at that match mate and norwich deserved that win. my county youth team coach at the time was jeremy goss's cousin as well and swore that he'd score against us. funny.

you lot have been playing well this season and i still can't believe you came away from old trafford empty handed. lambert strikes me as a smart manager too.

Thanks for the nice comments about Norwich, I also know Jeremy very well, he lives in my home town in Norfolk, and is the father to 2 smashing twin boys about 12.

It will soon be a question of how long we hold on to Lambert, he says he is happy at Norwich, and I believe he is on a good salary.

Thanks for the nice comments about Norwich, I also know Jeremy very well, he lives in my home town in Norfolk, and is the father to 2 smashing twin boys about 12.

It will soon be a question of how long we hold on to Lambert, he says he is happy at Norwich, and I believe he is on a good salary.

I remember watching his and maybe Norwich's finest moment