Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

If it's true about Adam I hope Shelvey does get a crack. One of the things about buying so many midfielders was the lack of chances JJ gets. I want to see him on the pitch more. it was great that Sterling had a run too, I would like to see him feature a bit more next season.

agree with this, though i'd expect it to be spearing, henderson and gerrard in the middle against the tricky blues in the semi. no reason not to give shelvey more of a run in the league games, same goes for sterling too.

it is true about adam btw. highly unlikely to feature again at all this season. sort of what he's been doing on and off anyway like.

I know our fans in general like spearing, but I'm not one of them. he is too much a one trick pony. He's hardly a midfield destroyer, passing is basic and front man support practically zero. People were worried when he was out (as well as Lucas), but our results have been no better since he came back, he like Adam should have a supporting role. As far as I can see he is expected to just sit and break up the play, which many players do but the good ones also contribute in other areas,we need more support in the box and he needs to do that as well. We have too many players like this, who many fans sing the praises of; but would get no where near a top team. That sort of player should be developing like Henderson, Shelvey , Flanigan, and maybe Kelly, or be older and bringing experience. Come on Kenny in the league I want to see Shelvy, Sterling, Coatez, Kelly and Flanigan getting a good few games, our season is shot anyway; lets bring the youth in. It would be great to see Sterling have an effect like Oxlade-Chamberline at Arsenal, it picks everybody up.

Absolutely agree with you although it could be said the same for any teams who have nothing to play for! or are in a transition period(remember that)England should go the same way with youth for this upcoming Euros with Pearce in charge ,no pressure and no expectation is a good thing for the youngsters.

If it's true about Adam I hope Shelvey does get a crack. One of the things about buying so many midfielders was the lack of chances JJ gets. I want to see him on the pitch more. it was great that Sterling had a run too, I would like to see him feature a bit more next season.

agree with this, though i'd expect it to be spearing, henderson and gerrard in the middle against the tricky blues in the semi. no reason not to give shelvey more of a run in the league games, same goes for sterling too.

it is true about adam btw. highly unlikely to feature again at all this season. sort of what he's been doing on and off anyway like.

I know our fans in general like spearing, but I'm not one of them. he is too much a one trick pony. He's hardly a midfield destroyer, passing is basic and front man support practically zero. People were worried when he was out (as well as Lucas), but our results have been no better since he came back, he like Adam should have a supporting role. As far as I can see he is expected to just sit and break up the play, which many players do but the good ones also contribute in other areas,we need more support in the box and he needs to do that as well. We have too many players like this, who many fans sing the praises of; but would get no where near a top team. That sort of player should be developing like Henderson, Shelvey , Flanigan, and maybe Kelly, or be older and bringing experience. Come on Kenny in the league I want to see Shelvy, Sterling, Coatez, Kelly and Flanigan getting a good few games, our season is shot anyway; lets bring the youth in. It would be great to see Sterling have an effect like Oxlade-Chamberline at Arsenal, it picks everybody up.

Bit harsh that assesment! Sorry touchy subject for me (Lucas Dejavu again).

Hes easily been up there as contention as MOM in most recent games such as (Everton, Stoke) - only Skrtel has impressed me more for consitency and attitude this year. Skrtel is another one that has improved immensly under Kenny and Steve Clark (Night N Day)

Spearing is exactly who I want in the Semi against Everton!

He stays deep, keeps it simple, passes fast,never bottles out of a challange and gives his all. His job is to cover the back four and let the attacking players (hopefully) do their jobs.

Whats importnant is if a player improves when given a chnace - Spearing has improved and it was only the end of last year and the second half of this season hes had a good run of games in the first team.

You need a mix in a squad and its a throw back to players like Sammy Lee and similar players in our history.

People go on about bringing the Acadamy players through...well here is a Scouser born n bread who's come through the Academey and is only 23.

This would of served us well this year if we had of had this three availble this season !

Lucas..........Spearing

..........Gerrard

last season we played our best football under kenny with spearing alongside lucas freeing gerrard up to attack more. we're simply a better side the closer gerrard can be to suarez.

Absolutley - it then left a front 4 to interchange with good movement!

People go on about the Striker (finisher) we shouldof bought (the CDM) to cover Lucas. Or the pacey /creative wide man but I want to know who can we get in in the summer to start to cover / eventually replace Gerrard.

I agree that the higher up the pitch Gerrard can be the more dangerous we look as a side.

I cant think of anyone right now.

Stevie I know you liked the look of Napoli's Hamsick a few years ago

Edited by Devil

Bit harsh that assesment! Sorry touchy subject for me (Lucas Dejavu again).

Hes easily been up there as contention as MOM in most recent games such as (Everton, Stoke) - only Skrtel has impressed me more for consitency and attitude this year. Skrtel is another one that has improved immensly under Kenny and Steve Clark (Night N Day)

Spearing is exactly who I want in the Semi against Everton!

He stays deep, keeps it simple, passes fast,never bottles out of a challange and gives his all. His job is to cover the back four and let the attacking players (hopefully) do their jobs.

Whats importnant is if a player improves when given a chnace - Spearing has improved and it was only the end of last year and the second half of this season hes had a good run of games in the first team.

You need a mix in a squad and its a throw back to players like Sammy Lee and similar players in our history.

People go on about bringing the Acadamy players through...well here is a Scouser born n bread who's come through the Academey and is only 23.

This would of served us well this year if we had of had this three availble this season !

Lucas..........Spearing

..........Gerrard

I agree we need SG up the park attacking the box more, and I could live with Spearing sitting and doing what he does if that was the effect; and allowed 2 midfielders to push on. That is not happening though, with Lucas back I would expect a return to the end of last season with lucas and spearing sitting back and gerrard getting forward more with hopefully a new (read finished article) attacking midfielder. I would be happy with Spearing alongside Lucas as I think they can work well together. Lucas reads the game much better, seems more mobile, and pulls out some nice passes, which hides the limitations of Spearing i.e. he is not polished or the finished article. I just don't believe you can have Spearing as the main man (yet). With Shelvy Lucas gerrard, henderson and spearing we may have a great midfield in a couple of years but not yet. I kind of agree with the Sammy Lee comparison, unsung hero epitomised, head down and get on with the boring stuff. Edited by nellyp

last season we played our best football under kenny with spearing alongside lucas freeing gerrard up to attack more. we're simply a better side the closer gerrard can be to suarez.

People go on about the Striker (finisher) we shouldof bought (the CDM) to cover Lucas. Or the pacey /creative wide man but I want to know who can we get in in the summer to start to cover / eventually replace Gerrard.

I agree that the higher up the pitch Gerrard can be the more dangerous we look as a side.

we should have signed someone more senior who could both play alongside and cover lucas, someone like yann m'vila from rennes. probably instead of henderson. but i think they see henderson as the long-term successor to gerrard so just wanted to get him in.

hamsik's a smashing player but the longer we remain out of the champions league the tougher we'll find it to sign players like that. i see no reason not to have more of a look at shelvey between now and the end of the season. he's a smart lad.

That Muntian from Athletico is some palyer and young! Also Llorente is a quality centre forward.

Mind you i think there will be a few clubs in for him at the end of the season

You lads go on about higher up Gerrard should be and nearer to Suarez but the fact is he should be sitting right behind Suarez. Their link up is the crucial thing and hopefully the ball will then stop being lumped upfield to Carroll. its so obvious isn't it?

• Like 1

You lads go on about higher up Gerrard should be and nearer to Suarez but the fact is he should be sitting right behind Suarez. Their link up is the crucial thing and hopefully the ball will then stop being lumped upfield to Carroll. its so obvious isn't it?

nuff said

we should have signed someone more senior who could both play alongside and cover lucas, someone like yann m'vila from rennes. probably instead of henderson. but i think they see henderson as the long-term successor to gerrard so just wanted to get him in.

hamsik's a smashing player but the longer we remain out of the champions league the tougher we'll find it to sign players like that. i see no reason not to have more of a look at shelvey between now and the end of the season. he's a smart lad.

i don't think henderson is a long term successor to Gerrard, different types of players as far as I can see. So unless they are going to groom him into a different player ( which I don't agree with), then I would prefer to see Shelvy as the sucessor. I really do like this guy, I think he is dynamic, can pass a good ball and can attack in surges, perhaps I am being too complimentary but I think he will come really good in the future, I think he is already better than Henderson even though not as lauded Edited by nellyp
  • Like 1

Might as well play the reserves in the EPL and keep the A team for the FA Cup.

Oh - hang on you're playing Newcastle and they are still hovering around for top 4 (amazingly). Come on you Reds!

I just noticed where everton are in the league, and Swansea oh oh

Look again now, after we beat WBA tonight.....just hope Spurs are professional enough to withstand the Swansea Storm.

You HAVE to beat the Toon tomorrow. If not, what will Prince Kenny say about all that wasted transfer money?

I just noticed where everton are in the league, and Swansea oh oh

Look again now, after we beat WBA tonight.....just hope Spurs are professional enough to withstand the Swansea Storm.

You HAVE to beat the Toon tomorrow. If not, what will Prince Kenny say about all that wasted transfer money?

The comment was after the win. I'm torn with Swansea, I want them to do well but they are starting to make us look very silly. Good result for QPR too

I have just read that Andy Carroll said he will not celebrate if he scores aginst Newcastle,i think he should be more concerned about getting a in the team first.

I have just read that Andy Carroll said he will not celebrate if he scores aginst Newcastle,i think he should be more concerned about getting a in the team first.

The Carthorse aside, it annoys me when these overpriced and overpaid idiots come out with this stuff. it's actually disrespectful to their current club, players and fans, and makes you wonder about their commitment to the cause.

Did he say it because he's scared of the reception he'll get? Why not just don't say anything and just don't celebrate when - IF - you score.

By the way, a mate (one of your lot) said there are fresh rumours on Merseyside about Carroll going back to Newcastle at the end of the season. If that WERE to happen, how much do you think Liverpool would get for him - 20m?

The Carthorse aside, it annoys me when these overpriced and overpaid idiots come out with this stuff. it's actually disrespectful to their current club, players and fans, and makes you wonder about their commitment to the cause.

Did he say it because he's scared of the reception he'll get? Why not just don't say anything and just don't celebrate when - IF - you score.

well one would assume that it was because he was asked about it. most journos not being the most imaginative creatures.

liking our XI today, got our shelvey wish and bellamy and suarez either side of carroll could be interesting. newcastle's team looks weirdly unbalanced. come on redmen.

(and if we sold carroll this summer we wouldn't get more than 15m back by the way. no chance).

What was Reina thinking? Of course the Toon player made the most of it, but that's what Suarez does all day long.

To be honest I still think Liverpool looked like a strong side, although they went to pieces near the end.

Reina misses the semi final. Who will we have the pleasure of facing in the Liverpool goal now?

Pretty chronic if you ask me. To be honest, I had it on in the background and I could hardly take my eyes off the chick I was with in the second half. But I still think I showed more interest in the game than several players on the pitch who should know better like Gerrard and Reina. Shelvey seemed about the only player who was genuinely motivated.

I enjoyed the game more than I have most others of late. We played much better. Bellamy was a nuisance, Shelvy had energy and was telling more senior players what to do, Spearing had a good game (back to basics but it was enough for me), Flannigan played well, as did Skirtle. I thought Suarez and Enrique were off form a bit, and don't understand why Gerrard doesn't get forward any more (also he had an off game) As for Carroll I thought he had a good game, but would sell him if he is lacking confidence so much that he will dive with nothing between him and goal. I also think that they should look at the tape of the <deleted> who went down after Pepe butted him in the face and then stabbed him in the eye with his dick. Ok I know that carroll and Suarez are serial divers and spend too much time on the floor and appealing to the ref, but that made me sick. What was the guys name was it penis or something like that? Perhaps he should have gone down with a broken arm after the the ball hit him like it exploded from a Canon in the first half, that's hand ball you nonse if you move your body (and arm) to the ball it is a no no.. Anyway i think we started to fall apart as soon as the subs were made and downing and henderson came on. They need to be subs for the rest of the season , and let them come on if we are ever winning a game again. carroll should be banned by Kenny for 2 games for the dive and we should let Sterling have a go. I seriously believe we will do no worse than if we use the usual suspects. Why do we not play Coatez? I used to love Carragher but his day is gone, and the sooner we start using Coatez the better

I'm scared to look at the table......are we still on it? Unlucky Swansea, Gareth Bale is immense, and I keep waiting for Adebyor to implode but he seems settled with Spurs. Oh God it has just occurred to me that Pepe will miss the Semi, He won't miss the Final though will he? Should be fun with Dodie in goal. I just hope we don't have the diddie men in front of him, can you imagine.....

." he let another one in Carrah"

" oh no.. Diddie?"

"What diddie do? Diddie let a goal in? Diddie?...Diddie?

OK I know his name is Donni but it's not as funny.

Good blood and guts game to watch. Nothing like the Surs v Swansea game, but both equally enjoyable. Could have easily gone either way until mid second half. I really wanted Liverpool to win - not just to push Newcastle further away from the top 4. I got really irritated by the dog-in-the-manger attitude of the normally laudable Toon Army. It's hardly carthhorse's fault if some club turns up with money burning a hole in its pocket and offers enough dosh to finance three decent players for your one idol. Grow up you Geordies!

I'm not convinced that Reina actually nutted, or even intended to nut that Magpie that tripped him, but it certainly looked that way without the benefit of replays.

What are you guys doing to Suarez? He doesn't seem to know which way is up any more.

Good blood and guts game to watch. Nothing like the Surs v Swansea game, but both equally enjoyable. Could have easily gone either way until mid second half. I really wanted Liverpool to win - not just to push Newcastle further away from the top 4. I got really irritated by the dog-in-the-manger attitude of the normally laudable Toon Army. It's hardly carthhorse's fault if some club turns up with money burning a hole in its pocket and offers enough dosh to finance three decent players for your one idol. Grow up you Geordies!

I'm not convinced that Reina actually nutted, or even intended to nut that Magpie that tripped him, but it certainly looked that way without the benefit of replays.

What are you guys doing to Suarez? He doesn't seem to know which way is up any more.

He's been playing as a striker for too long, not his natural position. Unfortunately we haven't got a striker so it's tuff on him. Also there is too much expectation on him. I think he needs a break, and a good lay off in the closed season.

Just watched the game on LFC TV. Now they're showing highlights of away win vs. Aston Villa in prep for next week. Depressing to see highlights of a win right now.

Smokie's right, we still would have got beat 1-0.

We've forgotten how to keep clean sheets. Oh, and how to win. And how to take our chances, even though we've been scoring a few goals lately. Still should score more when we have clear chances. Suarez had a great chance in 2nd half and Carroll had at least two great chances and it certainly looked like he dived when he would have done better to actually score in the first few minutes.

Also, Cisse's second goal was offside. Defender and a Newcastle player went for it but I couldn't see either touch it and he's then received the ball. Clearly offside by miles, but I think the assistant must have figured the defender nicked it.

And Perch went down like a child. Reina was idiotic but it shows the frustration of now losing 6 of our last 7 in the league. I think he's just barely touched him but do you classify that as a headbutt? No way. And did it even hurt Perch? Not a chance. What an idiot. There's far too much pansiness these days in football, and just another incident there. Reminds me of Joey Barton getting sent off when he definitely did not headbutt the other guy, and the opponent went down for no reason, because was a cheating pansy who wanted someone with a bad rep to get a red card (yes Barton did something similar against Arsenal when he played for Newcastle). Despicable these things are, they do happen.

Should we have had a penalty and the opponent (think it was Simpson) sent off in the first half for a handball on the line? Think so but I don't think the referee had a view of it. Would have to see it again. It obviously wasn't clear but we can feel hard done by.

In the end, though, we never scored a goal and we should be better than this. We are not good enough, obviously. It just gets worse and worse.

I think we'll respond next week against Villa, I really do. I wouldn't want to be them as we are a wounded animal now. I wasn't sure about today but after this, I think we will really take it to them and create many chances. The question is, will we score them?

watching the incident with Reina and Perch reminds me of aspects of modern day football i deplore. i doubt reina touched him although under the rules he had to go but it all looks so pathetic.

Gerrard hopelessly out of position for me. What a way to waste your best player.

Some dodgey refereeing decisions against Liverpool (Cisse 2nd goal 2 yards offside) but how on earth does Dalglish think the yellow for Carroll was "harsh?" He should keep quiet and maybe let clarke do the post match stuff. That way he'll also avoid the uneccessary annoyance of some jumped up journo trying to bait him.

Edited by carmine

I think we fell apart after 20 mins.

It's almost like the players think and hope there's 2 games to go, the first one being against the bitters.

Yes totally agree we looked sharp for 15 or 20 minutes,then the wheels fell off,should have received a spot kick,Then OH CARROLL you have to learn to play if it takes you all night and day//,as i have been stating for months,should have continued around the keeper and slotted it home,but mr big head,takes a dive,he still spends far too much time for my liking lying all over the turf,Striker...yeah right,useless,off load him asap. Or as he has the height stick him between the sticks for our next game?