Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

You really epitomise the 'evertonian' .Btw I asked about you in the brick ...bwahahaaa some knew you laugh.png

The Brick? Does the one who used to do the shirts still drink there (or run it)? I paid for one for Wembley and never got it and he would never reply to me. Git.

As a none Liverpool supporter who watched the match against Hull City, I have to say that Liverpool were very poor. They were playing against a city team that had been decimated through injuries, Hull's goalkeeper was their 3rd choice, and in addition they were without their right back Andrew Robertson centre half Michael Dawson, plus leading scorer Nicaka Jelivic. These are the injuries from last week in addition to the long time injured that of course every team have. Yet Liverpool failed to show any ability to beat them and just showed how ordinary a team they are.

As a none Liverpool supporter who watched the match against Hull City, I have to say that Liverpool were very poor. They were playing against a city team that had been decimated through injuries, Hull's goalkeeper was their 3rd choice, and in addition they were without their right back Andrew Robertson centre half Michael Dawson, plus leading scorer Nicaka Jelivic. These are the injuries from last week in addition to the long time injured that of course every team have. Yet Liverpool failed to show any ability to beat them and just showed how ordinary a team they are.

Next thing you'll be telling us Mario Balotelli needs to start scoring...

Yup...same same Arsenalwink.png

"There is no chance of us bringing in a defensive coach," he told journalists. "We have conceded a large number of soft goals, there's no argument about that, but I think it is just a lack of coaching time that is hurting us."

Surely bringing in a defensive coach would allow more time for said coach to coach the defenders ,then Brendan can sit in his office having his next portrait commissioned dry.png

I maintain Mingolet & the G/K coach are the root cause of our defending problems especially at set pieces , he does not take control of the goal area , & he stays rooted to the goal line far too much for me . He relies too much on his reflex saves which are not saves at all but are parries & 9/10 the ball goes back to the opposing team . I have not seen enough of Valdes to say he is the answer , & LvG supposing to be interested in taking him to OT. could it be old Fergie trying to con Brendan ....

Last night over a few Changs , me & an old mate , who is a bitters fan were arguing the toss who have the better side us or Everton . It went something like this I wrote down my best LFC team at present , & he wrote what he thought was Everton`s best team at present . Then we said how much each player was worth if sold . Could not believe , that his blues side were worth 15 mill. more than my beloved reds . We both agreed only 2 LFC players would get into a present Liverton / Everpool side . Both the LFC players names began with S . Hard to realise we are the team owned by Billionaires .

When I previously explained how poor I thought Liverpool were and suggested a change of tactics, some of you were critical. But how wrong u were! Sam Allardice has also re-affirmed this point, that some managers do not seem able to change their style to ensure better performance. It is not all Balotelli's fault, he is not being allowed to run on to balls played into dangerous positions esp. those from wide positions. Llana is not helping too, and does little to support or add anything to this team. Never a chance for top four this season, and money wasted.

^ You don't half talk some s.h.i.t.e lad. The problem with Mario is that he needs another striker upsides.....ie diamond formation with 2 up front. BR at the moment is proving all your "theories" to be <deleted> as he persists in playing two wide men with a single striker (which is what you were calling for). More crosses were put in on Saturday than in any game last year!. Result = zero goals. Go support Manure will yalaugh.png

haha.

yeah, soon as lambert came on on saturday we looked immediately more threatening and had hull on the back foot for the rest of the second half. it was a markedly better performance, so was balotelli's personal one, but yeah, he does play better with more support from someone nearer to him. we were unlucky not to win rather than utterly diabolical and clueless. it was frustrating.

• Like 2

Actually, ur not supporting Liverpool with such ignorance. Hull City were missing 5 players from the side that played Arsenal. Such an under strength side should have been sent to the cleaners. BR tactics are clearly not bringing results and performances are under par. Some answers are needed, not blindly supporting. All i suggesting is to have some injection of some more raw pace in wide positions, not diamonds and Llana through the middle!

^ Eh? Sterling not quick enough for you? Maybe you'd rather we had bought Usain Bolt during the Summer? And BTW Lallana played wide, not through the middle! Do you actually watch the games?

The diamond operated for the last 30 minutes only, by which time Lallana had been subbed.

Edited by wilai

Your blind enthusiasm is overwhelming! Lallana is no where near the mark and came in at a mere snip @ £25m. If u only go back last year for example, Man City got Navas for £10m less. I know who I would prefer.

Sturridge

Coutinho

Sterling

Hendo

Manquillo (on loan, early days)

Just to name a few who IMO have been great buys.

Every top club will pay over the odds, especially for British players.

haha.

yeah, soon as lambert came on on saturday we looked immediately more threatening and had hull on the back foot for the rest of the second half. it was a markedly better performance, so was balotelli's personal one, but yeah, he does play better with more support from someone nearer to him. we were unlucky not to win rather than utterly diabolical and clueless. it was frustrating.

Not wanting to labour the Balotelli issue (i probably am!) but i think its a case more than anything that he just doesn't suit Brendon Rodgers' Liverpool.

Whats very worrying is that he's had more goal attempts than anyone other than Aguero, 32 in all and doesn't look like he could score in a brothel

I also read that 14 0f his 26 goals for AC Milan were either from penalties or direct free kicks and not open play. His conversion percentage from chances is only 11%.

In conclusion, he's not a very good player, play someone else offload MB in jan and bring in a more suitable striker as cover for Sturridge.

i don't really disagree with any of that carmine, thing i don't get most about balotelli is that he doesn't even particularly play like a forward. doesn't look to make runs in behind defences, doesn't attack near posts at balls into the box etc. he's the total opposite of sturridge. but then at the same time i've seen him have really good games like he did for italy against england in the world cup where he was a massive handful.

but yeah, i'd not be unhappy if we looked to offload him in january. he's a big gamble that hasn't worked. but i have no idea who would buy him.

and we should definitely be in for the lad berahino from west brom. going to be a cracker that one.

• Like 1

@ stevieH. Yeh, agree Berahino looks very good prospect and should not be forgotten, much less injury prone than Sturridge. But my point earlier, if you buy someone like Balotelli he needs service, especially that which he can attack, Liverpool in my book only really have Sterling, they did not need Lallana. Get someone out on the right.

LS......You know the Sport Corner ? Just found it on Google. Soi 20 off Suk. Has Astro but game not advertised. Probably because of the 3am Ko

Unfortunately not mate, they close at 2am.

Not a bad little spot tho, plenty of screens inside and some seating area outside.