Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Finally got to see the Bournemouth match, first time I've really witness Benteke's qualities; great movement and hold up play, he's got pace. He seems to win every header from long balls, flankers need to trust that and make runs. Clyne again was best player on the park and I think Moreno should play on the left wing, forget defending, that is the boys position.

Had to dig in again for the win, think Arsenal are a few weeks in front of us on the "ready to play" side of things, we just might get wellied on Monday.

• Like 2

Unusually, the FA have come out and said Benteke's goal should not have stood and was an error with the new Offside rule. They don't usually comment on these kind of decisions.

Story:- http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9959393/christian-benteke-goal-should-not-have-stood-say-premier-league

Absolutely amateurs, writing to all clubs to clarify a rule 2 weeks after the season starts. I don't understand how it is that difficult to interpret anyway.

And all the guff from knobs demanding Liverpool should have 2 points taken off them and the like is absurd.

It was human error, it happens in football, it's part of the game, get over it.

It's a bit sad that we had to rely on a dodgy decision for all 3 points against a promoted team at home.

Agree tho Bob, a bit daft coming out with a statement like that.

Yeah we've not tested the keeper much in either of those first two matches. To be fair though we seem to be adjusting to tighter style of play, a bit more defensive style.

Nice to see Rossiter getting some game time. Looked a bit off pace (to be expected) but still managed a couple of key interceptions on the edge of the box. Lucas done well again when called upon.

It will interesting to see what Rodgers does when Sturridge is back fit.

It's looking good tho Bob.

• Like 1

Couldn't have put it better Dev.

I reckon the change in the backroom staff is looking to be a good move by Brendan.

I'm all for him getting all the help he needs to bring us success.

Big part of those clean sheets that.

Also the change in playing staff stebes;

Joey Gomez is an absolute revelation, 18 years and 3.5M blink.png

Clyne is such a massive upgrade from Glen "I don't see where they've improved" Johnson.

Benteke has been fantastic, looking forward to seeing him with Sturridge

I think Can should be starting every week.

You could see the team has started to click last night. That was the test and it is a relief to see we have come out of last season heading the right way.

Yeah Gomez, has done unbelievably well just seems unfazed by it all !

Was it Sean O'Driscoll who pushed to get him in the team? Obviously Rodgers has the faith in him also and he's not let anyone down. The only concern is at some point being so young he will have some dip in form as the season wears on. So we still need Moreno to step up for that extra competition and maybe rotation, not forgetting get that Flanno will be back as cover for RB and LB.

What a difference it is to have two good full backs.

Couldn't have put it better Dev.

I reckon the change in the backroom staff is looking to be a good move by Brendan.

I'm all for him getting all the help he needs to bring us success.

Big part of those clean sheets that.

Also the change in playing staff stebes;

Joey Gomez is an absolute revelation, 18 years and 3.5M blink.png

Clyne is such a massive upgrade from Glen "I don't see where they've improved" Johnson.

Benteke has been fantastic, looking forward to seeing him with Sturridge

I think Can should be starting every week.

You could see the team has started to click last night. That was the test and it is a relief to see we have come out of last season heading the right way.

Yeah Gomez, has done unbelievably well just seems unfazed by it all !

Was it Sean O'Driscoll who pushed to get him in the team? Obviously Rodgers has the faith in him also and he's not let anyone down. The only concern is at some point being so young he will have some dip in form as the season wears on. So we still need Moreno to step up for that extra competition and maybe rotation, not forgetting get that Flanno will be back as cover for RB and LB.

What a difference it is to have two good full backs.

Yeah, apparently O'Driscoll worked with him in the England set up.

• Like 1

Carlisle (H) in League Cup...Good chance for some kids to startsmile.png

In other news..talks are apparently progressing well with Nike regarding kit sponsorship.

ah man, really? i bloody hate nike. thought we'd just done alright with new balance to be honest.

Harry Wilson off to Crewe on loan (can still turn out for LFC <21s during the 6 month period)

Also,,,Nigerian <23 star Awoyini signs for LFC this week (or for someone pretending to be LFC )biggrin.png

and Ojo got his first senior goal at Wolves thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

good riddance to bad rubbish sadly. what a knobhead. hope to christ he plays well there and we can eventually sell him for a massive loss.

Theres some reports coming out about his £16M fee, apparently there was an initial fee of £8M paid up front with two installments of £4M paid after x amount of appearances.

Could be load of tosh, who knows.

^ I'm OK with it Bob. Needs a chance to build up confidence as that's his major weakness. Far flung territory with regular playing time will do for me...this season anyway!thumbsup.gif

One of the magnificent seven ?

Anyway, someone to teach him to kick with his left foot might help biggrin.png