Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Very impressed with that win, score line didn't reflect the dominant display by the youngsters and against the greatest academy on Earth(so I'm told). 

Typically,  just as we dominate, we nearly throw it away in the last 15 mins, albeit off the back of a joke penalty. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Very impressed with that win, score line didn't reflect the dominant display by the youngsters and against the greatest academy on Earth(so I'm told). 

Typically,  just as we dominate, we nearly throw it away in the last 15 mins, albeit off the back of a joke penalty. 

Dominant display by the youngster's !!!  don't you mean dominant display by Sturridge  and so it should have been being as he is one the best strikers in the country.

Edited by alfieconn

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Dominant display by the youngster's !!!  don't you mean dominant display by Sturridge  and so it should have been being as he is one the best strikers in the country.

Did you watch the match? 18 shots to 9. 9 on target to your 5. Both Sturridge's goals were created from pressure, trickery, pace and vision my Spudly friend!

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Did you watch the match? 18 shots to 9. 9 on target to your 5. Both Sturridge's goals were created from pressure, trickery, pace and vision my Spudly friend!

Yes i did see it but i'm not sure you did from your description of the first goal and i saw the 7 shots from Sturridge ! 

First goal, Spurs winger slips over and gives the ball away which then leads to a shot which deflects into the path of Sturridge, yep full of preasure, trickery, pace and vision that one, another one who see's a different game to everyone else :cheesy:

What youngsters ? do you mean Klavan, Leiva, Sturridge, Mignolet, being as you mentioned academies how many of your so called youngsters came through your academy ? 

Edited by alfieconn

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

What youngsters ? do you mean Klavan, Leiva, Sturridge, Mignolet,being as you mentioned academies how many of your so called youngsters came through your academy ? 

Err you are wrong I didn't mention "academies", I mentioned academy, i.e.. yours. 

15 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yes i did see it but i'm not sure you did from your description of the first goal and i saw the 7 shots from Sturridge ! 

First goal, Spurs winger slips over and gives the ball away which then leads to a shot which deflects into the path of Sturridge, yep full of preasure, trickery, pace and vision that one, another one who see's a different game to everyone else :cheesy:

What youngsters ? do you mean Klavan, Leiva, Sturridge, Mignolet, being as you mentioned academies how many of your so called youngsters came through your academy ? 

Your man panicked and slipped over under pressure from 2 of our boys and then Grujic owned 3 of your defenders with beautiful skill before sliding the ball through the lot of them for toe poke tap in. 

Second goal, pressured header from a throw well inside our half and then ping, bang, pow, 1-2-3, beautiful through ball for a one on one with the keeper.

24 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Your man panicked and slipped over under pressure from 2 of our boys and then Grujic owned 3 of your defenders with beautiful skill before sliding the ball through the lot of them for toe poke tap in. 

Second goal, pressured header from a throw well inside our half and then ping, bang, pow, 1-2-3, beautiful through ball for a one on one with the keeper.

You do live in a dream world Bobby, sliding the ball !!! it was a deflected shot :clap2:

28 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

That I did, and we had 5 youngsters on the park and they did the dominating!

5 !!!!! you had a two 19 y/o's,  and 20 y/o and a 21y/o, only one had come through your academy , not one was in the top ratings  that i read.,

26.pngDaniel Sturridge (FW) 8.4
30.pngMichel Vorm (GK) 7.8
26.pngAlberto Moreno (DL) 7.6
26.pngKevin Stewart (MC) 7.5
26.pngSimon Mignolet (GK) 7.1

Crikey this getting like the Man City thread :biggrin:

where on earth are those ratings from? mignolet was his usual crap self and moreno should be boiled down for glue. stewart, grujic, ejaria and alexander-arnold all played well and origi was the best player on the pitch second half.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StevieH said:

where on earth are those ratings from? mignolet was his usual crap self and moreno should be boiled down for glue. stewart, grujic, ejaria and alexander-arnold all played well and origi was the best player on the pitch second half.

Your not putting Stewart down as a youngster are you ? fark me he is 23 y/o nearly middle age for a footballer :biggrin:

We should be 6-0 up, yet it's 3-2. 

Some of the worst defending you'll ever see for 4 of those goals.

Lovren went from knob ed to top man to knob ed in the space of 10 minutes.

it's all well and good being sublime on the front foot, but these defensive issues are a real worry. 

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Pretty crazy first half but Liverpool are playing some lovely football going forward. Not looking forward to playing you whilst you are playing this

If Kun is on his game he'll get a double hat trick.

Would be nice to play City with both teams at full strength and fresh, two attacking teams going for it. Should be a great match! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

it's all well and good being sublime on the front foot, but these defensive issues are a real worry. 

we knew it was going to be like this though didn't we? heavy metal football. stupid couple conceded there at palace but i was never worried that we wouldn't win the match. we've got too much quality and workrate and now we're confident as well. very few teams will win at selhurst this season let alone score four goals there.

coutinho was out of this world by the way. and matip on a free vs david luiz at £50m or eric bailly for £35m? ridiculous value.

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

we knew it was going to be like this though didn't we? heavy metal football. stupid couple conceded there at palace but i was never worried that we wouldn't win the match. we've got too much quality and workrate and now we're confident as well. very few teams will win at selhurst this season let alone score four goals there.

coutinho was out of this world by the way. and matip on a free vs david luiz at £50m or eric bailly for £35m? ridiculous value.

Yeah, I didn't think we would open them up so easily. It is entertaining, but I don't like seeing us give away cheap goals and it will cost us eventually. 

Still you can't ask for anymore than what the boys up top give us creatively, that was some of the best i've seen us play. 

Joel Matip was a steal, and yes Coutinho just keeps getting better and better. 

• Like 1

Given the opponents we've played in our first 10 games Bob, I don't think its such a big deal. I'm not saying we're great in defense, far from it.
Arsenal, Burnley and Palace have managed more than 1 goal past us, all away from home.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Liverpool top by Dec 6th. 36 pts

How are you going to do that? There are only 12 points available for Liverpool between then and now aren't there? Not saying you can't be top, just that you can't get 36 points even if you beat Watford, Southampton, Sunderland and Bournemouth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

How are you going to do that? There are only 12 points available for Liverpool between then and now aren't there? Not saying you can't be top, just that you can't get 36 points even if you beat Watford, Southampton, Sunderland and Bournemouth

Proof positive that the scousers can't add up bless 'em.

• Like 1

We'll be awarded a point for playing the most attractive football in the UK.
Get with the program Bo.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, longstebe said:

We'll be awarded a point for playing the most attractive football in the UK.
Get with the program Bo.

you get an extra bonus point for winning goal of the month three months on the bounce. we're already on two.

• Like 1