Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

3 hours ago, carmine said:

They just have untold sums of money to throw away as and when the mood suits.  Other clubs, in this case Liverpool and Spurs, have ownership that requires financial answerability.

I just love the simplicity of your post. You don't think City's owner requires financial answerability? Do a little googling. 

13 minutes ago, StevieH said:

went to university not far from there. it's a strange place. though i did once bump into johnny marr in new street station.

Seriously though whilst LFC is a real team the city itself ain't for sh it. Absolute dive but most cities outside London are a joke so not much difference. Inside london is a tale of two stories but in 10 years in london I have NEVER seen a Tottenham shirt around town and i been looking. Days it all Carmine says it all

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I just love the simplicity of your post. You don't think City's owner requires financial answerability? Do a little googling. 

I'm sure they do to a degree but they still give the appearance of easy come easy go.

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Seriously though whilst LFC is a real team the city itself ain't for sh it. Absolute dive but most cities outside London are a joke so not much difference. Inside london is a tale of two stories but in 10 years in london I have NEVER seen a Tottenham shirt around town and i been looking. Days it all Carmine says it all

get to <deleted> soft lad. you obviously haven't been there in the last 10 years if that's your opinion of liverpool. in fact have you ever been? or is that just the opinion of a stereotypical london-dweller who believes what he reads about the city? 

• Like 2

let me go off on a tangent for a second..... how did you guys lose the war to the colonies???  it seems like blokes from London and UK in general are easily just as headstrong as the americans.  maybe you guys were in another war, wore red in the forest, or something else... but i'm sure the guys in liverpool, london, wherever, can hold their own with anyone in the world.  giving you guys props...

50 minutes ago, StevieH said:

get to <deleted> soft lad. you obviously haven't been there in the last 10 years if that's your opinion of liverpool. in fact have you ever been? or is that just the opinion of a stereotypical london-dweller who believes what he reads about the city? 

I don't read papers that's my view so eat it son. I'm far from a stereotypical london dweller. Bunch of w anklets in london for the most part, just like this forum. Spent a while in Liverpool and to answer you honestly. Have not been since 2014 so go on have your fill.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

You can't buy a decent centre forward for that these days. Loose change for City's owner.

Course you can. Plenty. Just you boys (city) pay a premium largely due to the owner I expect. I expect that has/will change with the reshuffle that has been.

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

I've not been back for 12 years, but still love the place.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

But possibly doesn't detract from a national poll taken that suggested 64% of the population would rather have Chlamydia than a brum accent.

It's hard work getting rid of an accent but it's been done. 

You've got to love this guy Rc2702's two-step plan to alienate himself to all the football forum contributors:

Step One
Go on all the football forums of the teams I don't support and thus annoy them all.

Step Two
Go on the football forum of the team I support but don't come from that city, slag off the city that my fellow fans are from and are proud of, and thus annoy them all.

Tick done all that.

Plonker.

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

You've got to love this guy Rc2702's two-step plan to alienate himself to all the football forum contributors:

Step One
Go on all the football forums of the teams I don't support and thus annoy them all.

Step Two
Go on the football forum of the team I support but don't come from that city, slag off the city that my fellow fans are from and are proud of, and thus annoy them all.

Tick done all that.

Plonker.

Difference is I can take it and give it pal and no I don't care if you support the same team as me (not you). if I disagree I disagree and I never needed anyone to hold my hand son. Unlike cough cough.

This talk of needing to be born in the city is not exactly the MO a city fan should be striving for either, your team is actually trying to go global and guess what genius it ain't gate receipts which got your P/L in the black.  

31 minutes ago, StevieH said:

since 2008 and the european capital of culture it's been better than ever. city centre is great, docks entirely relaunched and lovely, ropewalks is fantastic for a night out. there's loads to do, tons of great bars and restaurants, good shopping if that's your thing, loads of live music and a great arts and culture scene. friend RC doesn't have a scooby what he's on about.

Yh Steve ok mate maybe your right maybe the facelift has created a different feel. I'll take your word for it. I admit I just never liked the temperatures in the North or even the Midlands. Having lived in Manchester, Brum and London I always noticed a few degrees makes all the difference for me and the level of culture, things to do and food in the smoke just cannot be rivalled anywhere in the UK. 

What a load of <deleted> on here at the moment and all caused by a brummie plastic  who has the  cheek to call everybody on here wanklets and then responds to all us wanklets doh!! we normally have some brutal decent debate before the biggest game on the planet so lets move on and talk about the pros and cons of the game.

I read earlier somewhere that Liverpools level of play is exceptional at the moment ...results dont lie! do they?

I see there chasing and closing down as the most important ingredient in how they are getting results at the moment will be intersting at OT to see what way Klopp will play as United are now finding there feet attacking wise should be agreat game and really looking forward to it which in the last few years is the first time i can honestly say that...0-0 maybe but i very much doubt it.

Theatre!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Does talk of needing to be born in the city of the team you support upset you then BRUMMIE. Ah, diddums! 

Inbredbury - if your name is anything to go by. Your not even from Manchester real. Greater Manchester perhaps but an SK post code don't sound like Manchester.  Diddums eh. 

well i dont know if this display by liverpool is open for debate,but what a lack luster display by them.

95minutes play,only one shot on target and the forwards created nothing.

by some sort of miracle they find themselves only one goal down and not 4.

is it management or dont they like playing in the evening,the first 10minutes liverpool put together about 20passes just outside the box and they went back instead of forward.

the last match i watched was no different then loosing at home to bournmouth.

so sunday will be a tester so will klop doo a flipperty flop.

he looked far from happy this morning.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meatboy said:

well i dont know if this display by liverpool is open for debate,but what a lack luster display by them.

95minutes play,only one shot on target and the forwards created nothing.

by some sort of miracle they find themselves only one goal down and not 4.

is it management or dont they like playing in the evening,the first 10minutes liverpool put together about 20passes just outside the box and they went back instead of forward.

the last match i watched was no different then loosing at home to bournmouth.

so sunday will be a tester so will klop doo a flipperty flop.

he looked far from happy this morning.

Missing Sadio.:thumbsup:

• Like 1