Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Klopp's track record has suggested that Liverpool won't have to spend big to succeed under his tenure.  As said he has the knack of spotting rare talent and bringing the best out of it.  Dortmund had no business even challenging Bayern let alone winning that league and unless something has changed in him i see no reason why he won't do the same at Liverpool.

• Like 1

"Dortmund had no business even challenging Bayern let alone winning that league..."

You do realise don't you that Dortmund has EUROPE'S HIGHEST AVERAGE ATTENDANCE, that means that they are not short of revenue and while not as rich as Bayern, Dortmund do have the resources to challenge Bayern as they did with Klopp and since.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

At least TC can form an opinion on the matter. I and some others I've seen ask such a question and no one's got a scooby. Defoe free transfer impact player England International proven goalscorer. He might not have the Zlatan effect but you'd be mad to bet against him banging in 10 PL goals off the bench. Not a chance  the think tank says yet not a solution to offer. Ohh.

"solution to offer" this is isn't a problem solving session, this isn't a <deleted> work group,, or help group in your case. The question was whether Tony Cascarino had a point, the question was answered. 

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Dortmund had no business even challenging Bayern let alone winning that league..."

You do realise don't you that Dortmund has EUROPE'S HIGHEST AVERAGE ATTENDANCE, that means that they are not short of revenue and while not as rich as Bayern, Dortmund do have the resources to challenge Bayern as they did with Klopp and since.

they're literally nowhere near. bayern's annual revenues are comfortably more than double dortmund's. it's like comparing west ham's wealth with chelsea's. 

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Klopp's track record has suggested that Liverpool won't have to spend big to succeed under his tenure.  As said he has the knack of spotting rare talent and bringing the best out of it.  Dortmund had no business even challenging Bayern let alone winning that league and unless something has changed in him i see no reason why he won't do the same at Liverpool.

i think he's shown he's not afraid to spend money if necessary and for the right player - sadio mane was no drop in the ocean at £34m. wijnaldum was a decent amount as well.

but if he could find us a lewandowski for 4m euros or a gundogan for a similar fee like he did with dortmund that would be just lovely please. 

43 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

also, they don't. barcelona do. writing it in block capitals doesn't change that.

All websites I looked at have Dortmund as no.1 though my point was Dortmund as one of the best attended clubs in europe have revenue resources to compete with Bayern.

http://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2016/11/borussia-dortmund-top-europe-s-average-stadium-attendance-rankings-for-2016-17-001282597.html

http://www.stadiumguide.com/figures-and-statistics/lists/europes-highest-attendances/

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

All websites I looked at have Dortmund as no.1 though my point was Dortmund as one of the best attended clubs in europe have revenue resources to compete with Bayern.

http://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2016/11/borussia-dortmund-top-europe-s-average-stadium-attendance-rankings-for-2016-17-001282597.html

http://www.stadiumguide.com/figures-and-statistics/lists/europes-highest-attendances/

they simply don't though. and you can't base a team's ability to compete solely on attendance figures - that doesn't account for ticket prices for a start, which are far lower in germany than they are in england for example. also if attendance figures were a gauge of competitiveness, why aren't newcastle above bournemouth in the league?

bayern annual revenues approximately 600m euros. dortmund's 280m euros. that's not having the resources to compete with them. that's being considerably poorer than them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League#2015.E2.80.9316

• Like 1

"they simply don't though." - they Dortmund don't have the highest average attendance in Europe but Barca do is your point? Please post the link which shows that.

"you can't base a team's ability to compete solely on attendance figures" - I wasn't,  and I'm well aware of german football crowds as I work often for one of germanys biggest company's and have many discussions with german colleagues on football,  the point I was making was that as Europe's best attended club Dortmund does have revenue to compete against Bayern. Since the Bundesliga commenced the competition has been dominated by Bayern Munich which has taken the championship in 26 of the 54 Bundesliga seasons played to 2017 - about 48% of the time. So Dortmund and others regularly compete with Bayern which the point I was making to t'other fella - Klopp's Dortmund did well but it's not that unusual. 

"why aren't newcastle above bournemouth in the league?" - historically they are and they will be come August (back to the level they should be). Will Bournemouth be above Newcastle on average over the next 20-30 seasons. No way. Why? Cause Bournemouth are a far smaller club with low revenue stream to compete with Newcastle. 

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

dost is interesting but you have to think that if a really top club were going to take a punt on him they'd have done it before now. lad clearly knows where the goal is like.

klopp has previously signed robert lewandowski for absolute buttons and turned him into one of the best strikers on the planet. he also signed aubameyang from st etienne for not very much either and he's turned out alright too. 

I had a look and it looks like Southampton were on his radar whilst at wolfsburg. Top top clubs are not necessarily in the know and Southampton it seems, are. The amount of players Wenger has admitted he rejected is shocking a few have to slip through the net and continually do. 

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"they simply don't though." - they Dortmund don't have the highest average attendance in Europe but Barca do is your point? Please post the link which shows that.

"you can't base a team's ability to compete solely on attendance figures" - I wasn't,  and I'm well aware of german football crowds as I work often for one of germanys biggest company's and have many discussions with german colleagues on football,  the point I was making was that as Europe's best attended club Dortmund does have revenue to compete against Bayern. Since the Bundesliga commenced the competition has been dominated by Bayern Munich which has taken the championship in 26 of the 54 Bundesliga seasons played to 2017 - about 48% of the time. So Dortmund and others regularly compete with Bayern which the point I was making to t'other fella - Klopp's Dortmund did well but it's not that unusual. 

"why aren't newcastle above bournemouth in the league?" - historically they are and they will be come August (back to the level they should be). Will Bournemouth be above Newcastle on average over the next 20-30 seasons. No way. Why? Cause Bournemouth are a far smaller club with low revenue stream to compete with Newcastle. 

Your point is very weak. Leeds utd. 

^which point is very weak. I've made several points, which were:
Disagreeing with "Dortmund had no business even challenging Bayern let alone winning that league..."

and that
Dortmund has EUROPE'S HIGHEST AVERAGE ATTENDANCE, that means that they are not short of revenue and while not as rich as Bayern, Dortmund do have the resources to challenge Bayern as they did with Klopp and since.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

you haven't made any points and keep banging on about attendances as if they're somehow relevant. monaco are top of ligue un and probably going to win it and get an average of about eight thousand watching them. newcastle united get over 50,000 at their home games but have just scrambled out of the championship.

bayern munich annual revenues 600m euros. dortmund, 280m euros. only figures that matter. like i said, it's like comparing west ham's cash with that of chelsea. they're not supposed to compete with one another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

you haven't made any points and keep banging on about attendances as if they're somehow relevant. monaco are top of ligue un and probably going to win it and get an average of about eight thousand watching them. newcastle united get over 50,000 at their home games but have just scrambled out of the championship.

bayern munich annual revenues 600m euros. dortmund, 280m euros. only figures that matter. like i said, it's like comparing west ham's cash with that of chelsea. they're not supposed to compete with one another.

And yet Leicester competed, Tottenham are competing athletico Madrid are year on year over delivering and financial fair play has been implemented for the very reason of fair competition. If they were not supposed to compete why are they even err competing. Never heard of David v go loath it happens and continues to happen and in respect of Klopp one of his supposed attributes is identifying the next best and leveraging nous over financial clout. Accepting the situation purely on financials is defeatist

24 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

And yet Leicester competed, Tottenham are competing athletico Madrid are year on year over delivering and financial fair play has been implemented for the very reason of fair competition. If they were not supposed to compete why are they even err competing. Never heard of David v go loath it happens and continues to happen and in respect of Klopp one of his supposed attributes is identifying the next best and leveraging nous over financial clout. Accepting the situation purely on financials is defeatist

what the balls are you on about? yes, some teams succeed against the odds. always have on an infrequent basis, hopefully always will. but that isn't what BB was on about - he was advocating that dortmund, because they have a huge regular home attendance, have the financial resources to compete with bayern munich. they don't. that they perform as well as they do is testament to their scouting network and successive excellent managers. but when the close season arrives, bayern more often than not buy dortmund's best players. because they are loads richer. 

do you think financial fair play has made much difference incidentally? 

Nobody is doubting Bayern is way richer than Dortmund but Bayern are richer than all teams in germany yet 1 in 2 seasons a Dortmund or a Wolfsburg comes along to win the Bundesliga. Dortmund just happens to be the 2nd richest club in germany so no surprise they can compete:
Bayen Munich is the riches club in German Bundesliga team for the last 5 years. The number 2 and 3 ranked richest German football clubs happen to be Borrusia Dortmand and FC Schalke 04 football.

46 minutes ago, StevieH said:

what the balls are you on about? yes, some teams succeed against the odds. always have on an infrequent basis, hopefully always will. but that isn't what BB was on about - he was advocating that dortmund, because they have a huge regular home attendance, have the financial resources to compete with bayern munich. they don't. that they perform as well as they do is testament to their scouting network and successive excellent managers. but when the close season arrives, bayern more often than not buy dortmund's best players. because they are loads richer. 

do you think financial fair play has made much difference incidentally? 

Dortmund can compete with Bayern and that was the point. The review of finances was over analysed. Yes bayern are by far the more robust in the cash sense. I think the gap is closing personally in respect of competitiveness and one reason for that has to be the introduction of FFP and the need to utilise scouting networks more prudently.

Off topic

I have lost count the amount of times I've heard Wenger admit he had a chance to sign some quality young players and not took it. My thoughts are that those same players may have not excelled under Wenger anyway so good for them I say. 

33 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So just who has highest average attendance in europe - Dortmund, Barcelona or another club?

The table I looked at was apparently from the previous season when Barca had 80k and Dortmund 78k. You're still labouring an irrelevant point though. Don't know what for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Because you keep coming back as you're right on all points. Glad we've clarified the Attendance issue.

Its always good to win eh?

Even if it is a 1-0 grind for fifth spot. :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

I got my arse kicked on attendance stats. May have to quit the forum in a huff.

If Cascarino is such a gob shiite strap on a pair and throw your hat in the ring.

Coutinho. Bye bye

Forwards hello??

Defenders - wanted.

Lets hear some nous.

Edited by Rc2702
I love bob

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

If Cascarino is such a gob shiite strap on a pair and throw your hat in the ring.

Coutinho. Bye bye

Forwards hello??

Defenders - wanted.

Lets hear some nous.

Haha. <deleted> off lad eh?

6 minutes ago, StevieH said:

I got my arse kicked on attendance stats. May have to quit the forum in a huff.

Don't worry, if you win your remaining games you will finish third and enjoy CL football, a fat chequebook for next season and long term bragging rights over the Sheikh's harem. :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Haha. <deleted> off lad eh?

What about us in for inheacho I'd like that.

No one's gonna pour scorn on you Stevie I just want some ideas of how Klopp's mind really works since your in the know and that.

Iheanacho is a penalty box player, has a real eye for goal but struggles to lead the line and link up play. He has a lot to learn. He needs to drop down to championship or overseas on loan to learn with less pressure than he'll be under at City. Rumours are City are looking to part exchange him for that Dortmund lad (bloody Dortmund again...Forum team of the day).