Will It Work ? What?

homeownership

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seem to be a lot of IT related foreigners in Thailand and at TVF.

I find many of these people are not all there. It's as if they live in a magical world only they can see and where their delusions are their reality.

And now you ask, ok, what's my point? Well, I see a post where someone has sold 50% of his company for 12.5 million quid and is still considering doing programing for a bed & breakfast/cooking school. Really? It's like me collecting organs from dead people or cleaning test tubes in the lab. Sure it would be fun to brush up on my slice and dice technique, not that I was very good and I was politely asked to stop mutilating corpses as no one could use the mangled bits I was allegedly harvesting, but my point is, I wouldn't want to go back and do grunt work. It's like asking an experienced sparky to go back and do apprenticeship jobs.

So, umm, ok. I'm having a hard time on understanding the OP here.

£13,500,000 not £12,500,000 plus I had a little before the sale so it more like £19,230,000 and still earning. Its so good being delusional, shit I dont want to wake up or do I ?

if you wake up then you know you were dreaming a whole lot of sh*t

Slightly off-topic on the original OP, but relevant nonetheless.

The OP let drop how wealthy he is and is copping a whole lot of bother about it. So what if he's done/doing well, so what if he drops that into the conversation?

Get off his back!!!!!

In my experience I have found that Americans celebrate this kind of success but in the UK we tend to put people down for it; why? (Jealousy????)

Take solace that If he behaves like an ass in the 'real world' (off TVF), I'm sure his life will be a mess and you would not be jealous of that.

Well done OP for achieving a bit of financial success.

(No, I'm not wealthy, but also not jealous thumbsup.gif)

cool story bro.

one thing, your analogy with the Wright brothers is terrible.

"She does not understand my frustration, its a little like asking the Wright Brothers can they build an areoplane, when your passing them at 350mph on a Qatar 777 in business class."

If you are passing "them" (i assume that means the Wright bros. as it is a plural pronoun and the brothers are the only plural thing mentioned beforehand) then that implies you are indeed doing better than "them". So it would make sense that one would question the capabilities of people who are performing at a level that is subpar.

I agree, and never mind the "your" when it should have been "you're".

Gosh your busy on here this morning, she doesn't know you from Adam, Thai's are told bull kee all the time and she is just making sure.

You are not becoming a chilled out Thai as in your last post. Chill out on your 13.5 million that you chose to spend in Thailand?.

I think if he spent a little more time developing his website rather than spreading the BS here, the friend of a friend in Pantip would never have been mentioned by the wife of his friend.....................coffee1.gif

• Like 2

There seem to be a lot of IT related foreigners in Thailand and at TVF.

I find many of these people are not all there. It's as if they live in a magical world only they can see and where their delusions are their reality.

And now you ask, ok, what's my point? Well, I see a post where someone has sold 50% of his company for 12.5 million quid and is still considering doing programing for a bed & breakfast/cooking school. Really? It's like me collecting organs from dead people or cleaning test tubes in the lab. Sure it would be fun to brush up on my slice and dice technique, not that I was very good and I was politely asked to stop mutilating corpses as no one could use the mangled bits I was allegedly harvesting, but my point is, I wouldn't want to go back and do grunt work. It's like asking an experienced sparky to go back and do apprenticeship jobs.

So, umm, ok. I'm having a hard time on understanding the OP here.

Are you having a go at us amateur body-snatchers? I didn't drink in the Doctors and the Burke and Hare just so's some Johnny Foreigner from the colonies could have a go at our municipal hobby.

SC

Just a tip for the OP

Rule #1 if you want to fit in on TVF

Don't let the grumpy old, skint, retirees know that you have been successful in your life and actually made/saved some money (especially with the sliding pound/dollar/euro)

wink.png

Rule No 2. Make sure you are telling the truth,BSs soon get caught out on TV.

Got any spare cash, I could use some and you clearly want to tell everyone how much you've got!

Dont worry, I'm delussional I havent really got it. It was 13.5 million, not 12.5 million, I cant afford to make those kinds of mistakes but I had to tell you. Spare cash no sorry, cant help.

Perhaps you could use some of your millions on going to school to improve your spelling and grammar!

Then a course on English Literature to see how other authors construct sentences and convey information.

I would help you, for a fee, but I do not have a work permit. Do you?

Thanks for the advice, I will consider it.

Just a tip for the OP

Don't let the grumpy old, skint, retirees know that you have been successful in your life and actually made/saved some money (especially with the sliding pound/dollar/euro)

wink.png

To be honest, I was happy and felt like bragging. No one really knows who I am, so I thought what the hell, tell them and make myself feel better rubbing it in. Didnt mean to cause upset, actually probably did, never mind.

You have about a month's worth of work to fit in here, after pulling all that dough from your business and you're just too busy to build a site right away for someone. So you're working from home/office without a permit in Thailand? Do I have that right, or are you in La La land where there are no rules?

And you want to advertise not only some delusional money you have, but your illegal work?

Please explain, and please tell me why you're the only guy I ever heard of who had that much cash and was still doing the mundane?

Please forgive me for saying I don't believe you.

• Like 2

You have about a month's worth of work to fit in here, after pulling all that dough from your business and you're just too busy to build a site right away for someone. So you're working from home/office without a permit in Thailand? Do I have that right, or are you in La La land where there are no rules?

And you want to advertise not only some delusional money you have, but your illegal work?

Please explain, and please tell me why you're the only guy I ever heard of who had that much cash and was still doing the mundane?

Please forgive me for saying I don't believe you.

You have made quite a few assumptions. Not least being: Why do I care if you believe me ?

Got any spare cash, I could use some and you clearly want to tell everyone how much you've got!

Dont worry, I'm delussional I havent really got it. It was 13.5 million, not 12.5 million, I cant afford to make those kinds of mistakes but I had to tell you. Spare cash no sorry, cant help.

Perhaps you could use some of your millions on going to school to improve your spelling and grammar!

Then a course on English Literature to see how other authors construct sentences and convey information.

I would help you, for a fee, but I do not have a work permit. Do you?

No need. He sold a company for many millions of pounds, as has been dutifully reported on TVF.

When you are that wealthy, you need not heed such silly things as immigration rules or work visas.

I'm not working in Thailand. I am merely reading and responding to emails and of course making posts on TVF.

Just a tip for the OP

wink.png

To be honest, I was happy and felt like bragging. No one really knows who I am, so I thought what the hell, tell them and make myself feel better rubbing it in. Didnt mean to cause upset, actually probably did, never mind.

I'm with you, mate. It's a lot easier to brag about things you don't have here, rather than down the pub.

Aye, yerdedright thair, Cowboy, unless ye're bragging aboot breiks wi' th'erse hingin' ootaethem

• Like 1

Just a tip for the OP

wink.png

I'm with you, mate. It's a lot easier to brag about things you don't have here, rather than down the pub.

Aye, yerdedright thair, Cowboy, unless ye're bragging aboot breiks wi' th'erse hingin' ootaethem

I suppose your right, dont have what though ?