Post Removed, No Explanation

PREM-R

I made a post asking for help to block a pop-up on Thai visa yesterday and received no replies. I subsequently found a solution to the problem and posted that I had done so, but not what I did to prevent the pop-ups. Now my post has been removed from TV and I have not received any notification from a moderator. Very Bad Manners in my opinion.

indeed, they should have explained to you why your attempts to circumvent viewing the advertising that funds their living and to share that info with others, were unwelcome.

like it is not obvious.

Please read the OP, I did not share that info with others and I made this clear in my OP. Like it is not obvious

Edited by PREM-R

Perhaps this will help:

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Perhaps this will help:

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Please be aware that in no part of any of my posts in this part of the forum did I state I wished to block any advertising on the site, I just wanted to know how to stop the annoying 'toolbar' that pops up in the bottom right hand of the TV website pages. I have now managed to do this and I have not passed on this information to anyone. I was disappointed that I did not receive a PM when my post was removed, I have been a member for a VERY long time, after all.

Perhaps this will help:

Please be aware that in no part of any of my posts in this part of the forum did I state I wished to block any advertising on the site, I just wanted to know how to stop the annoying 'toolbar' that pops up in the bottom right hand of the TV website pages. I have now managed to do this and I have not passed on this information to anyone. I was disappointed that I did not receive a PM when my post was removed, I have been a member for a VERY long time, after all.

It was not I who removed your topic and if you got no explanatory PM about its removal it must have been an oversight by the moderator who handled it. You started the topic with a question about how to remove the Wybia bar and if I had seen that topic I would probably have been able to advise you. Some programs or download helpers I installed in the past, eg from Adobe, I believe, select by default the choice to install also some sort of tool bar, in my my case it was the Ask toolbar, and several times when I did not carefully read the small print in the dialog windows during the installation I failed to deselect that choice and the toolbar got installed. In such case I go to the Control Panel, Uninstall Programs and uninstall it from there.

In your second post in that topic you described the solution you found and as that solution not only apparently got rid of the Wibiya bar but also of other pop-ups that are essential to the operation of the ThaiVisa web pages that post was out of order. By posting that you already solved you problem you indicated that you no longer sought the advice for which you had started the topic, ie the topic had become moot and if in fact you had found your solution before posting it you would never have posted it at all, which means that its removal caused you no harm.

Now that you have had your explanation I trust that you will remain an active contributor of ThaiVisa, which is greatly appreciated.

P.S. It is not a function of the ThaiVisa website to cause the Wibiya bar to pop up.