Another Pair Of Yellow Shirts Indicted Over 2008 Sieges Of Bangkok's Airports

webfact

Another pair of yellow shirts indicted over 2008 sieges of Bangkok's airports
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two more yellow-shirt leaders were indicted yesterday over their roles in the seizures of Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports in 2008.

Public prosecutors arraigned Banthit Pinmongkolkul, 42, former anchor of ASTV satellite channel, and Methawadee Benjaratcharunan, 29, another former ASTV anchor, at the Criminal Court at 10am yesterday.

They were charged with unlawful assembly with more than 10 persons to create a disturbance, and using weapons to encroach on property with intention to harm others. They were also charged with collaborating with more than two persons to use weapons to cause damage to the airports, and collaborating with others to occupy and obstruct traffic on public routes as well as disrupting postal services.

The court scheduled Monday for the two defendants to enter their pleas, along with 94 other suspects earlier indicted by public prosecutors. The prosecutors have agreed to indict a total of 114 suspects over the 2008 Bangkok airport seizures.

Suspects indicted earlier include Chamlong Srimuang and Sondhi Limthongkul, two co-leaders of the People's Alliance for Democracy.

Banthit was released on bail after his lawyer, Puanthip Boonsanong, used Bt600,000 cash from the Justice Fund as a guarantee.

Methawadee's father used his position at Thai Airways International as a guarantee for her temporary release.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-27

• Like 1

That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

• Like 1

That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

overr reacting to something that happened 5 years ago.

Was wondering what weapons they used and what damage they did with them?

Badminton-rackets and scary hairstyles perhaps ? rolleyes.gif

They were also clearly guilty of wearing non-Red shirts, in a public place !

Meanwhile the couple of hundred Red-Shirts outside the Constitutional Court right now are no less guilty, and will no doubt eventually suffer the same consequences, after all the government proclaim that there will be No-Double-Standards, as they vigorously pursue national-reconciliation ? Or do they, what were the latest Skyped-instructions, from Dubai to the MPs ? wink.png

"... They were charged with unlawful assembly with more than 10 persons to create a disturbance..."

So the red invasion of the Royal Cliff Hotel with weapons, massive damage et al, the seizure of Bangkok and now the Constitutional Court is not unlawful?

Seriously? Is this not totally laughable and (further) waste of the public's money? Is this not the blind side of the Police in upholding Thai law? Idiots.

. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

Ahh! ..... the hyperbole.

However, it does raise the question - if you avoid (presumably) Swampy, how do you know what is is like on any day, let alone a very good one?

And from the context you seem to put Melbourne International above Swampy - hilarious. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiang Mai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

Jeez Chooka and you are a St Kilda Fan.

"... They were charged with unlawful assembly with more than 10 persons to create a disturbance..."

So the red invasion of the Royal Cliff Hotel with weapons, massive damage et al, the seizure of Bangkok and now the Constitutional Court is not unlawful?

Seriously? Is this not totally laughable and (further) waste of the public's money? Is this not the blind side of the Police in upholding Thai law? Idiots.

Yeah if you do the crime you do the time , seems , some here in Thailand believe they are above the law, time the numb nuts at PTP pull their heads in and instruct their followers to do like wise.

>That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

How am I over reacting? Just stated that I avoid the place and said the blockade achieved nothing. It didn't effect me personally.

. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

Ahh! ..... the hyperbole.

However, it does raise the question - if you avoid (presumably) Swampy, how do you know what is is like on any day, let alone a very good one?

And from the context you seem to put Melbourne International above Swampy - hilarious. cheesy.gif

I have used it a few times but I now avoid it where possible, hope that answers your question. Tulla above swampy definately as it is more user friendly and easy to get around, plenty of toilets and no long 20 km long walks to catch a flight. I actually like Changi very easy to get around, clean and plenty to do during waits. Personal choice some may love swampy and that is fair enough.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Was wondering what weapons they used and what damage they did with them?

Badminton-rackets and scary hairstyles perhaps ? rolleyes.gif

They were also clearly guilty of wearing non-Red shirts, in a public place !

Meanwhile the couple of hundred Red-Shirts outside the Constitutional Court right now are no less guilty, and will no doubt eventually suffer the same consequences, after all the government proclaim that there will be No-Double-Standards, as they vigorously pursue national-reconciliation ? Or do they, what were the latest Skyped-instructions, from Dubai to the MPs ? wink.png

You cannot compare an internal protest meeting with an act of terrorism, which is what is happening when a group take over and close an International Airport anywhere in the world.

• Like 2

You cannot compare an internal protest meeting with an act of terrorism, which is what is happening when a group take over and close an International Airport anywhere in the world.

Does that make taxi drivers terrorists for blocking access to airports during their protests?
  • Like 1

>That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

Over reacting

http://www.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/news/04Apr13/images/20130427.114037_reuters_airport.jpg

• Like 2

ASTV went to being a shopping channel for a while . Now they have that convicted criminal Sondhi spewing his bile on there. <deleted>. Can somebody please explain to the unenlightened who financed 6 months of sit ins at government house and the airport. They did not eat for free. We are all to keen to have a go at the chosen one for his alledged financing of that little skirmish downtown. When you can list the financiers of the yellows it will look like a list of families that have kept people in the dark ages for the last 60 years. They are the cancer of Thailand

• Like 2

I wonder if those who are so vindictive in their posts against the airport protesters could find the time between hate posts to answer my question.

What weapons did the protest leaders have and what damage did they cause with them?

After all this is part of the charges against them.

After the nice rant now back to normal, the topic that is. Sieges of airports, few more yellow shirts indicted and real soon now we can even progress to other issues, like charging k. Abhisit again.

BTW the list of families who allegedly kept people in dark ages include lots if not most of the local 'big people' upcountry.

ASTV went to being a shopping channel for a while . Now they have that convicted criminal Sondhi spewing his bile on there. <deleted>. Can somebody please explain to the unenlightened who financed 6 months of sit ins at government house and the airport. They did not eat for free. We are all to keen to have a go at the chosen one for his alledged financing of that little skirmish downtown. When you can list the financiers of the yellows it will look like a list of families that have kept people in the dark ages for the last 60 years. They are the cancer of Thailand

WOOOOW! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Had a couple to many cocktails?

I wonder if those who are so vindictive in their posts against the airport protesters could find the time between hate posts to answer my question.

What weapons did the protest leaders have and what damage did they cause with them?

I personally saw them armed with knives, sticks, batons and hand-guns.

r1886342937.jpg

• Like 2

^25 FarangTalk

No offence meant, it's just that in the past we had posters having seen with their own eyes, but only on photo's and video. Therefor the question, are you referring to having seen the photo you posted or have see been in Bangkok around 2008?

I wait a day and still nobody can tell me who financed the yellow shirt facists. Somebody financed them, they did not sit there for 5 months for free. To Robbie NZ the reason they were not openly carrying guns is they were protected by the army. Please I dont really know , who paid million of dollars to allow the geriatric clappers to sit there with army protection. Somebody knows.

• Like 1

I wait a day and still nobody can tell me who financed the yellow shirt facists. Somebody financed them, they did not sit there for 5 months for free. To Robbie NZ the reason they were not openly carrying guns is they were protected by the army. Please I dont really know , who paid million of dollars to allow the geriatric clappers to sit there with army protection. Somebody knows.

You can be pretty sure they had more than just army "protection". thumbsup.gif