Best Way Of Conduct In Los?

hi guys.

ok... I got a few years experience in Thailand. i m around 44+ and i have observed you for a while... (at 11 am, already drunk for some...)

i have seen many guys being screwed by doing business(open bar for 3 customers) or lost money from some bad girls. (buying land and house then kicked out)

or living over their mean and finished broke after a few years... or a few months!

so what is the best system to live well in the long term in land of sand and dirt...? . I don't want to to be screwed in Thailand to finish under a bridge in London while collection food stamps for fish&chips!

so far I have kept all my money outside of Thailand and I m the only one to control my savings with my bank and most of my saving are invested in stock and bond.

this give me enough cash to live in Thailand...

so basically what is the best way of conduct? to stay safe for years here.

what are the danger to live in Thailand for many years? . i have seen guys who became real alcoholic, walking along the streets like zombies....

so what to do? , what not to do?

• Like 1

Maybe you might wish to explain your situation a little more so that others can focus their advice.

Do you have a Thai partner already? (for example)

Where do you plan to live?

If you lived here for a few years already ... what new advices do you want to receive?

You already said what you should not do...

- don't open a beer bar if you have no idea...

- don't give money to "bad girls"...

- don't get screwed (except you like it...)

- don't live over your budget...

- don't let anybody control your assets...

- don't get alcoholic...

The dangers?

- open a beer bar if you have no idea...

- give money to "bad girls"...

- get screwed (when you like it...)

- live over your budget...

- let somebody else control your assets...

- get alcoholic...

Everything u have said could have been read in a book

Everything u said could be anywhere in the world

I have lived here full time for over 9 years,never been in trouble,never had a problem with thais,never been ripped off,had no problem purchasing my house with gf of 8 years,albeit i did a life term partnership agreement with gf,which included two last will and testaments.

I would say just act normal, unless u are a <deleted>, then dont come to Tailand to live

Just use your common sense and behave as you would in your own country.

Those who fall foul over here generally do so because they end up doing something they would never attempt back in their own countries... i.e. dating a bar-girl half their age, going into bar ownership or business with someone they don't know, fooling around like they are 20 year olds in their 50's etc etc...

Behave like an adult... thats really all you need to remember..

Common sense is the key, everything in moderation. If you do want to be involved seriously with a woman as a partner choose wisely and not with your d..k, many aspects to be considered. Take your time with everything you do, think, plan, be proactive....not reactive and too late to save the day.

Use these guidelines and you will enjoy your beer a lot more !

• Like 1

The best advice I can give is say 'yes' to everything Even when you mean 'No."

Throw in a smile and you're all set. No confrontation, they are happy, you are happy and even if you don't turn up or do what you said 'yes' to, they will have forgotten about it anyway.

Stay safe. wai.gif

Maybe you might wish to explain your situation a little more so that others can focus their advice.

If you lived here for a few years already ... what new advices do you want to receive?

Come on David, be nice! Getting the knives ready, aren't we??whistling.gif

Don't have a house build by a construction/development company.

Don't get a Thai girlfriend/wife

Don't register a company

Don't drink beer everyday

Focus on keeping the body in good shape and mind sharp, otherwise you become like most foreigners who got totally switched off, the 'long-stay tourists'

• Set a realistic budget and stick to it
  • Learn Thai
  • Never eat at Farang restaurants
  • Never drink at a Farang bar
  • NEVER drink at home by yourself
  • Eat, drink and chase girls at Thai venues
  • Use internet dating...you will be astounded at how much interest you get
  • Buy a flashy motorbike (or car if you have the means). Store it safely undercover and only use it on first dates
  • Dress smart and take care with your personal hygiene
  • Always wear a condom
  • Stay fit
  • When renting try to look for a property where you pay for water and electricity directly to the utility company
  • Donate blood regularly at Red Cross
  • Wear sunscreen

• Like 1

Come on David, be nice! Getting the knives ready, aren't we??

David's right. The op has lived there for a while. What's there to really say bar the obvious?

OP, I will try to be very truthful here

If you have been living most of your life with at least having a basic commonsense, that commonsense trait of yours shouldn’t be going away just because you have decided to change the location. With just a bit of applying some of those basic commonsense, I very much doubt that you will even come across many of the mishaps that you have been reading often here.

And there is no danger of living in Thailand for many years. Because the length of time alone doesn’t determine how well or how knowledgeable of Thailand, its people and its culture, that you “may think” you have acquired,……because what matter most is the “strength” of those years, not the length.

In addition to some people are more rigid than others to adapt, so "how willing of you to be flexible and adaptable in a new environment" can further help you to survive with less problem.

So use the commonsense in picking your circle of friends and partner carefully, and everything else that you may choose to do,….then you shouldn’t have too much trouble living and enjoying life in Thailand or anywhere else that you choose to be at.

Because at least 90% of problems that you will encounter....can be solved just by applying a bit of your basic commonsense (the right kind that is).

thank you guys. I think the best is to ask advice on TV before doing anything here in los.

why not buy condo on high floor.? one of you wrote this.

fire problems?

I stayed 4 years in thailand now. so far so good. but many of my friends lost their house or did some business with locals and lost all.

they didn't understand they can not own land here.

farangs believe they can do whatever they want and it s ok to break rules.... until someone see it and go sue you...

anything like buying car, house, or building a business.

many of my friends would have saved 4 to 10 millions bahts if they had asked advice here...

one told me last time : "she took the house and the money..."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

thank you guys. I think the best is to ask advice on TV before doing anything here in los. why not buy condo on high floor.? one of you wrote this. fire problems? I stayed 4 years in thailand now. so far so good. but many of my friends lost their house or did some business with locals and lost all. they didn't understand they can not own land here. farangs believe they can do whatever they want and it s ok to break rules.... until someone see it and go sue you...

That was sarcasm . . . you might have noticed a high proportion of foreigners falling off balconies over the past few years, especially in Pattaya and Phuket. All suicides (apparently).