Thailand Takes The Rap In U S Fake Goods Review

Thailand takes the rap in US fake goods review

rolex.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An American organization has released its annual Top ten countries in a league of nations they accuse of being the major sources of pirated goods.

Thailand, along with Russia and China have been named in the list which overlooks the Internet as the single source of pirated movies, offered for free, and instead takes aim at street vendors in Asian countries.

With a simplistic list of recommendations, the committee produced a simplistic wishlist which asks for an end to the availability of TV streaming on the Internet, other than those issued by the TV companies and a stop to be put on Internet trading of fake goods, among other ideas.

All well and good, perhaps, but as many have pointed out , the US itself fails consistently in both those areas as the Internet still grows and flourishes without any policing.

With other recommendations such as stricter control of Cameras in cinemas, they overlook the fact that most pirated movies are actually copies of original movie files

The somewhat toothless committee, it has no powers but makes a lot of noise, makes annual waves as it reviews production of fake goods in many industries such as software, clothing, movies and fashion accessories, overlooking the fact that its own nations form a large portion of the population that continues to support the cloned market.

Full story: http://www.pattaya103.com/thailand-takes-the-rap-in-us-fake-goods-review/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-05-02

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a bloke who earns serious money in saudi, he walks round in designer T-shirts, jeans, wears rolex watches all the real mcCoy.

It just doesn't look right, he looks like he's spent all his money on Sukhumvit road.

• Like 2

How about those copied textbooks at Thailand's top universities?Then the black and white copies of textbooks are resold to students. What does Webfact think about that? How about the Rolex and Baum Mercier ..watches sold all over Thailand? What dies Web fact think about that? Most movies sold on the street in Thailand are copied from originals and have the language setups as well. Counterfeit handbags and clothes are rampant in Thailand. Counterfeit medicine and designer colognes are abundantly available on the street Thailand is the imitation product capital of the world - blatant and visible all over, especially Bangkok. Illegal software copies and operating systems are readily and easily available at vendors and stalls inside malls all over Bangkok. What does webfact think about that?

Edited by noitom
  • Like 1

That Rolex picture up top is 1 of the worst examples I have ever seen, whoever wears that rubbish will look a total pratt and have a green wrist to boot. I fail to see how copied Rolex watches effect the real market, totally different customers, people who want quality and will pay for it versus tasteless chavs.

• Like 1

How about those copied textbooks at Thailand's top universities?Then the black and white copies of textbooks are resold to students. What does Webfact think about that? How about the Rolex and Baum Mercier ..watches sold all over Thailand? What dies Web fact think about that? Most movies sold on the street in Thailand are copied from originals and have the language setups as well. Counterfeit handbags and clothes are rampant in Thailand. Counterfeit medicine and designer colognes are abundantly available on the street Thailand is the imitation product capital of the world - blatant and visible all over, especially Bangkok. Illegal software copies and operating systems are readily and easily available at vendors and stalls inside malls all over Bangkok. What does webfact think about that?

"What does Webfact think about that?"

Webfact doesn't think. He (she??) just cuts and pastes.

He does think as he sorts through a variety of news feeds every to help keep us up to date. Some articles are good, others are not. Just the nature of the beast!!!

• Like 1

The volume of copyrighted material available on the torrent sites (I prefer kickass) is incredible. As I can transfer to my DVD player with a memory stick, who needs to buy dubious quality pirated DVDs?

They are very god quality, and offer both english and thai soundtracks. Not so on Torrent files.

10 countries are on the latest Priority Watch List for IP violations: Algeria, Argentina, Chile, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Russia, Thailand, and Venezuela.
Today's Bangkok Post has a more detailed news story on this renewed Thailand achievement. I wonder if some govt official will claim Thailand is the Hub of this elite group of countries.
And here is the Link to the Office of U.S. Trade Representative full annual 301 Report....it talks about a bunch of countries in various categories of watch levels...and not just the 10 on the Priority Watch List. Looks like the Ukraine has been especially bad. Below is a cut and paste from the report listing those countries. Thailand is discussed beginning on page 42.

Priority Foreign Country: Ukraine.

Priority Watch List: Algeria, Argentina, Chile, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Russia, Thailand, Venezuela.

Watch List: Barbados, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Finland, Greece, Guatemala, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Tajikistan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.

Edited by Pib

He does think as he sorts through a variety of news feeds every to help keep us up to date. Some articles are good, others are not. Just the nature of the beast!!!

"Some articles are good...." That's your opinion, others may well disagree.

".... others are not. ...." That's your opinion, other may well disagree.

Can't please em all all of the time.

The volume of copyrighted material available on the torrent sites (I prefer kickass) is incredible. As I can transfer to my DVD player with a memory stick, who needs to buy dubious quality pirated DVDs?

They are very god quality, and offer both english and thai soundtracks. Not so on Torrent files.

Sorry if I'm affecting business, but there are many, many dodgy versions for sale, and you don't know until you get home. Torrent sites usualy offer a comment facility, and poor downloads are easily avoided.

BTW it seems there is no word in Thai equivalent to "refund" and "I want my money back" is a disgusting insult.

• Like 2

That Rolex picture up top is 1 of the worst examples I have ever seen, whoever wears that rubbish will look a total pratt and have a green wrist to boot. I fail to see how copied Rolex watches effect the real market, totally different customers, people who want quality and will pay for it versus tasteless chavs.

It diminishes the brand value.

Thailand's reputation outside of Thailand is that of a corrupt country and is held in low esteem , it does its self a disservice to continue to year after year to win dubois awards for corruption , scams , copyright law etc, it's time that Thailand woke up and started to improve it;s image abroad and adopt worlds best practise, Then I stopped dreaming.cheesy.gif

Glad to see Thailand at number 1 - does that mean they have won??

More garbage, usually bits of metal and plastic from China that was recycled into consumer goods made in China that breaks and falls apart quicker than you can pick up a bar girl on soi cowboy.

Edited by geriatrickid

People selling knockoffs, fakes, or copies need to make a living too. The creaters of the original products are still making boat-loads of money.

Many people can't afford to purchase the real thing.....it's okay to offer a cheaper version. Knockoffs, fakes, copies...........whatever you want to call it allow low-income people to enjoy what upper class people can easily get.

• Like 1

Why don't you look up there list on those items and get back to us with the information. Or are you just taking an opportuniy to Bash.

There are more credible beasts that can be researched but they do not allow it as they fear being looked down on as unreliable because of the company they would be keeping.whistling.gif

People selling knockoffs, fakes, or copies need to make a living too. The creaters of the original products are still making boat-loads of money.

Many people can't afford to purchase the real thing.....it's okay to offer a cheaper version. Knockoffs, fakes, copies...........whatever you want to call it allow low-income people to enjoy what upper class people can easily get.

That is a rather unique view.

Using that logic, the jetski mafias need to make a living, too, as do the drug dealers on Soi 0.

I can't afford a Ferrari, so I doubt I will ever get to "enjoy what upper class people can easily get," but you know, I'm OK with that.

Have you ever heard of generics. Generics are made by the same companies that make the real thing. The jet-ski mafia are breaking the law.....claiming damages made by customers....no comparison there. What do drug dealers have to do with someone selling fake items? There are companies that make knockoff sportscars.

• Like 1

Thailand's reputation outside of Thailand is that of a corrupt country and is held in low esteem , it does its self a disservice to continue to year after year to win dubois awards for corruption , scams , copyright law etc, it's time that Thailand woke up and started to improve it;s image abroad and adopt worlds best practise, Then I stopped dreaming.cheesy.gif

And the tourists stopped coming and the number of expats started to decrease.smile.png

That is a rather unique view.

Using that logic, the jetski mafias need to make a living, too, as do the drug dealers on Soi 0.

I can't afford a Ferrari, so I doubt I will ever get to "enjoy what upper class people can easily get," but you know, I'm OK with that.

Well when you stop and think about it the people making them are just buying them with the same % of there income that the ones who made them in there western countries would pay out of there income.