Donor Sperm In Thailand

jaffacake32

Hi All,

I have an issue and I thought here might be the best place to get some advice. I am a single female, mid thirties and have an 8 year old son with my ex who was Thai. I lived in Thailand for several and year and now return every year for a couple of months and still have strong ties here. I would like another child before time runs out and as I do not have a partner am considering the route of using a sperm donor. I would like the father to be of Thai origin so that it will have the same ethnic background to my son, if this makes sense? I have contacted several of the hospitals in Thailand about this but although one was willing to work with a single woman, they required me to bring along my own donor! Also, I do not need IVF so feel this route is maybe a bit unnecessary. Bar from going to a go go bar to pick up a man for the night which would obviously come with the huge risk of HIV infection can anyone suggest any other options that could be available to me? I know that this may all sound strange to some people but it is something I have thought through a great deal and with time running out is the course I have decided to take.

Thanks in advance for any advice

There are some guys who are averse to trawling the bar scene before making any deposit that swear on the efficacy of using internet dating sites. Pick any hunk and away you go, no?

PM me for my screen name(s).

PS. Send a picture.

i dont know the circumstances of your split with your ex, but assuming he is still alive would it maybe be possible for you to, er seduce him into a one night stand , then your 2 children would even share the same father ?

You do realize that Thai is a nationality and that ethnically, the Thais are closely related to people from the southern part of China and also to Lao and other SE Asians?

A sperm bank in your home country can surely provide sperm from an Asian or SE Asian donor which should solve the appearance issue.

Yes I am aware there are other nationalities who are close ethnically, however it is not just about looks and I would like the child to grow up and be proud and aware of their Thai heritage, like my son. I am also planning to relocate to Thailand in a few years. I guess if you're not in my position it can be difficult to understand. However, this is getting off topic. As for trying sperm banks in the UK, I have no fertility problems and there are huge costs and waiting times involved. I have contacted the two largest international sperm banks and they only have a handful of south east Asian donors and none Thai. I would ideally like to be able to select from a wide range of donors.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Thaivisa Connect App

Hi, I've tried to carefully read all you've said again, and three things stick out to me. Thai, money, time.

My reaction is that you need a suitable Thai boyfriend for a while.

Even if you could find what you need at a donor bank, they don't always take the first few tries, there is time and there is money.

Then there is the old fashioned way.

Good luck in whatever you do.

• Like 1

Did you try Barcelona? A friend of mine felt time was running out for her to become a mum. She did a few trips to Barcelona, and some months later gave birth to twins!! She found it more relaxed there than in UK or Switzerland.

Also a good excuse to go shopping...

Edited by Patsycat

When they are anonymous it just means their identity is kept secret but all the other vital information is passed on. As for a donor getting some say in who their sperm is given to, I guess they might get asked when donating if there are any groups they don't want to donate to, I'm not sure how ill works when donating

What i meant is, if you get thai sperm in Europe - will that child be Thai. Or just look like one. With no passport etc. Because the donor is anonymous. The anonymous donor may be Thai looking but comes from god knows where!!

Try the Barcelona, my friend told me they were very nice and understanding etc. And now she has two wee three year olds running around... Not thai, Jamaican whatever.

Edited by Patsycat

Also, you mentioned in your OP that you have no problems in the way of having children.

And you want to go through very expensive and perhaps heart breaking IVF just to have a second wee thai baby?

When there are thousands of women who would give everything to have any sort of baby, out there in the world.

But you want a Thai baby. Not a wee red head or a blond with big blue eyes....

Sorry, i don't get it. I went through hell and back to have a baby. Didn't happen. But i did not specify the sex, colour of skin etc.

I guess bringing up this subject brings out all kinds of viewpoints and opinions, however I'm not on here to debate the rights and wrongs. As I said, if you're not in my position I guess it's difficult to understand as I wouldn't try to comprehend being in such a position as you were.